Dark Side of the Ring - season 2

BitFlip

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The wait is almost over...

First episode airs 24 of March, it's a two parter about Benoit and second one is aired the day after.

Maybe everyone is already aware and that's why there is no thread about it. But I've been looking forward to this ever since the first season ended, I stopped watching wrestling in 2008 but this got me into listening to shoot interviews, I bought Bret Hart's book, watched pretty much every documentary there was during my free trial on the WWE-network etc.

Episodes will be about:

Owen Hart
Chris Benoit
New Jack
David Schultz
Jimmy Snuka
Road Warriors
Dino Bravo
Herb Abrams
Brawl for All

10 episodes all and all, Benoit is the only two parter. I'm looking forward to the Owen Hart episode the most. What's your most anticipated episode?

Hart and Road Warriors are my most looked forward to, all should be interesting.

Last series was pretty good.

Don't get what is "Dark Side" about Brawl for All?

Part 1 of the Benoit episode was great, can't wait for part 2.

Owen, Snuka, Dino Bravo, and Road Warriors will be great. The New Jack one will be hilarious if New Jack brings his shoot interview energy. Hopefully he tells the Vice audience how he wished them muthafuckas he stabbed died.

The wait is almost over...

First episode airs 24 of March, it's a two parter about Benoit and second one is aired the day after.

Maybe everyone is already aware and that's why there is no thread about it. But I've been looking forward to this ever since the first season ended, I stopped watching wrestling in 2008 but this got me into listening to shoot interviews, I bought Bret Hart's book, watched pretty much every documentary there was during my free trial on the WWE-network etc.

Episodes will be about:

Owen Hart
Chris Benoit
New Jack
David Schultz
Jimmy Snuka
Road Warriors
Dino Bravo
Herb Abrams
Brawl for All

10 episodes all and all, Benoit is the only two parter. I'm looking forward to the Owen Hart episode the most. What's your most anticipated episode?

benoit part 1 is on youtube already.

Vicki and Chavo breaking down was hard.

Owen, Snuka, Dino Bravo, and Road Warriors will be great. The New Jack one will be hilarious if New Jack brings his shoot interview energy. Hopefully he tells the Vice audience how he wished them muthafuckas he stabbed died.

Yes, Brawl for all seems very out of place, maybe it was attempted murder when they sent Bart out to get annihilated by Butterbean or something.

Episode was great, hope they release episode two early too.

I'm really looking forward to this.

I always knew Chris took Eddie's death pretty hard.

But I didn't know he took it that hard.

Sounds like that was a much bigger issue to his 'Going Postal' than the long-term CTE trauma and roids.

Sounds like that was a much bigger issue to his 'Going Postal' than the long-term CTE trauma and roids.

I don't know. I feel there was already some serious problems with him if his best friend died and he then killed his wife and kid.

Feel terrible for David and Sandra, hopefully they both feel a little better after filming all that.

Feel terrible for David and Sandra, hopefully they both feel a little better after filming all that.
they looked pretty happy together.
reuniting for the sake of this doc was probably the best thing that could've happened to them.
good on jericho for making it happen.

Ditto. He would fucking lay on Eddie's bed and cry into his pillow. Jesus.

In the end I think it was a combo platter of everything you mentioned, really. We've seen the violent/self-destructive effects of CTE in other athletes (Junior Seau immediately comes to mind for me). Combine that with seemingly pre-existing mental issues and....yeah.

I still give credit to David Benoit for calling Brock beating Taker at WM30. He got ruined on Twitter for it leading up to WM.

I'm gonna watch season one of this show first. Never even knew about it.

It's easy to look back and say "this is why it happened", and speculate. Maybe it was his rotted brain, or his drug and alcohol abuse. Possibly the fact he and Nancy were having problems toward the end. I really wish vice could have dug deeper into that. Or got regal to comment.

Another thing that wasn't really talked about was benoits strange behavior his whole career/life. I've heard countless wrestlers tell stories about odd behavior from him, usually involving fatigue: Chris was known to go on no sleep for days and still get in daily workouts. He enjoyed disciplining rookies with high rep squats,but doing it with them. This leads me to believe we're not discussing fatigue as a huge underlying issue. Seriously,what's the longest break he took after he came back from neck surgery? I seriously think part of why he was on all that shit was because he wasn't getting enough rest. Think about the last time you had a rough week if sleep...think about how tired you were and how scattered you were. And gym performance went down I'm sure. That's an underlying issue to add to the whole fucked up formula.

His relationship with Eddie Guerrero was well different...and I'm not trying to be a jerk.

Two other thoughts:
1. Chris Jericho is a good dude, along with Chavo. Props to them for keeping up with David. This leads me to...

2. Fuck the wwe for not reaching out and helping Benoits other kids. Seriously, you'll send a wrestler to fucking rehab nine times but can't help out some poor kid? So fucked up.

Another thing that wasn't really talked about was benoits strange behavior his whole career/life. I've heard countless wrestlers tell stories about odd behavior from him, usually involving fatigue

That kinda stuff does get glossed over as people try to explain his actions...dude was 100% on the spectrum before he ever set foot in a ring

Benoit was always an odd guy. There was a story about him trying to get Jamie Noble to bring a waitress back to their hotel so Benoit and a couple of other guys could hide in the closet and beat off while watching Noble have sex with her. Who the fuck wants to huddle up in a closet with other guys and beat off?

I guess because Brawl for All was a shoot and it didn't go how Vince intended and guys were getting injured for real?

Yeah, I thought I knew everything they were going to bring up in the documentary pretty much, but their story had never been told. David is tough as hell to have gone through and dealt with all those things when he was only a teenager, heartbreaking stuff... but very nice that they found back to oneanother. For those two people this show changed their life. And I think that happened in season one too.

omg, like i needed to be more depressed?

dean malenko has parkinson's

Back