Dariush Thinks he will finish Johnson Co Main Event Preview Vid

No way. This guy got tko by Ramsey Nijem. Michael Johnson will ko him worse.

Dude completely dominated Jim Miller on the ground in his last fight. That doesn't happen every day.

I will be picking Johnson by UD though.

His opponents... 18-25 in the UFC. That said, he's very good against all fighters when it comes to ground fighting. In the past that was Johnson's weakness. But his opponents have a 42-20 UFC record.

No surprise there if he does, Mj has been subbed 6 or 7 times and Beniel is a very good grappler

No surprise there if he does, Mj has been subbed 6 or 7 times and Beniel is a very good grappler

Not in 32 months and four fights, including Lauzon and Tibau. Four of the submissions were before 2010.

It is definitely the supposed easiest route for Dariush. But I think a lot of people are biting on it harder than it's worth.

No way. This guy got tko by Ramsey Nijem. Michael Johnson will ko him worse.

You do know that Johnson has 6 losses by sub, 2 in the UFC in his last 9 fights. Beniel is a very good grappler, more then half his wins are by submission. His BJJ coach is one of the best you could find, in the past 10 Mundials Rumolo won 6 silvers and 4 golds and several other medal in BJJ competitions, not to mention 2013 ADCC champ.

I think there is a much better shot Beniel subs Johnson then Johnson finishing him by strikes.

Not in 32 months and four fights, including Lauzon and Tibau. Four of the submissions were before 2010.

It is definitely the supposed easiest route for Dariush. But I think a lot of people are biting on it harder than it's worth.

Thats great he avoided getting subbed, but when he's dealing with a guy that level and coaching, there is a pretty good chance he could get tapped. I would bet on Beniel tapping MJ then a TKO, I wont be surprised by either but better chance IMO.

But I was only pointing to the post that said Beniel will get TKOd cause he did a few years back by Nijem. Same thing happened to MJ, its not really a basis to say a guy will win.

Close fight. I got Dariush. Johnson has improved boxing but its still sloppy. Dariush Muy Thai continues to get better and better under Cordiero. And grappling is not a question

Close fight. I got Dariush. Johnson has improved boxing but its still sloppy. Dariush Muy Thai continues to get better and better under Cordiero. And grappling is not a question

Compared to what? It's way above average for MMA.

You do know that Johnson has 6 losses by sub, 2 in the UFC in his last 9 fights. Beniel is a very good grappler, more then half his wins are by submission. His BJJ coach is one of the best you could find, in the past 10 Mundials Rumolo won 6 silvers and 4 golds, not to mention 2013 ADCC champ.

I think there is a much better shot Beniel subs Johnson then Johnson finishing him by strikes.

And Yes I did know. did you know it's been 32 months since the last time he was submitted. Did you know Lauzon and Tibau combine for 31 submissions and could not submit Johnson? Did you know four submission losses were from 2008/2009?

I think it's very possible Dariush wins. I think he's only a +120 at most. He's not a terrible bet, except if he's on his back or standing he's in trouble (on paper). Martin, Cruickshank, Brenneman, Ferreira, Miller are less impressive than Barboza, Ferguson, Lauzon, Tibau. A lot has to do with the 18-25 vs 42-20 record.

Chances are I know things..... also, "than"

I think Johnson takes this one but Dariush keeps pushing his ceiling. I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes him.

Vitor and Rumble looked like fish out of water in the grappling.

Just because Johnson knocked around some aging gatekeepers we're all supposed to think he won't react to having to grapple like his teammates did?

Just because Johnson knocked around some aging gatekeepers we're all supposed to think he won't react to having to grapple like his teammates did?

Vitor and Rumble were fighting top wrestlers at MW/LHW. Dariush is a great grappler but it's not a given he gets it to the ground against Johnson esp. considering the improvement in MJ's footwork and his speed advantage.

Vitor and Rumble were fighting top wrestlers at MW/LHW. Dariush is a great grappler but it's not a given he gets it to the ground against Johnson esp. considering the improvement in MJ's footwork and his speed advantage.

Michael definitely has better hands but I think Benny can at least keep up in the striking. His clinch is strong and with Cordeiro behind him he'll only get better.

Ya Dariush out grappled Miller but IMO so did Castillo and Johnson KO'd Castillo (yes I know he was in trouble early) Johnson just beat Lauzon and Tibau two great grapplers not to mention Tibau's strength and Dariush got KO'd by Ramsey Nijem who doesn't have anywhere near the power and hands of Johnson. Not saying Dariush doesn't have a chance because I think beside Khabib he has the best chance at beating Johnson but I'm gonna go with Johnson KO with 2 minutes.

Compared to what? It's way above average for MMA.

Dariush is a solid counter striker and grappler. Johnson has a tendency to get off balance when throwing. He could be susceptible to a TD

I remember how Dariush has supposedly no chances against Cruickshank, turns out he should have been a huge fav. Let see how this fight plays out.

Cruickshank 3-3 since 2014.... Fereirra 2-2 in UFC..... Martin 1-3 in the UFC. Miller is a solid win.

And Yes I did know. did you know it's been 32 months since the last time he was submitted. Did you know Lauzon and Tibau combine for 31 submissions and could not submit Johnson? Did you know four submission losses were from 2008/2009?

I think it's very possible Dariush wins. I think he's only a +120 at most. He's not a terrible bet, except if he's on his back or standing he's in trouble (on paper). Martin, Cruickshank, Brenneman, Ferreira, Miller are less impressive than Barboza, Ferguson, Lauzon, Tibau. A lot has to do with the 18-25 vs 42-20 record.

Chances are I know things..... also, "than"

Spamming info from fightfinder doesn't quite equal "knowing things"

I like both these guys, hard fight to pick... Not one I'd bet on... Leaning towards Bene though.

MJs been fighting longer and I think he's hitting his stride or in his prime but, to me, Dariush is younger (at least in fight age) and is improving exponentially fight to fight. It's hard to tell what his ceiling is, while I think we have seen/are seeing the best version of Johnson there is.

Back