Dariush Thinks he will finish Johnson Co Main Event Preview Vid

Spamming info from fightfinder doesn't quite equal "knowing things"

You're right..... knowing things doesn't equal knowing things. I hate when people use statistics and historical data so they can pretend it's somehow facts or history.

I like both these guys, hard fight to pick... Not one I'd bet on... Leaning towards Bene though.

MJs been fighting longer and I think he's hitting his stride or in his prime but, to me, Dariush is younger (at least in fight age) and is improving exponentially fight to fight. It's hard to tell what his ceiling is, while I think we have seen/are seeing the best version of Johnson there is.

And then you just repeat my general statement, that either guy could win and Dariush is a slight underdog that could "upset".

Dariush by whatever sub he wants after MJ gasses.

Dariush by whatever sub he wants after MJ gasses.

MJ gave Barboza a rigorous high paced beating over 3 rounds. I don't see him having gas tank problems.

Johnson has hit his stride and I don't see Dariush having any answer for his striking. He's going to get stung and beat up in a UD.

I like Dariush and he's definitely a fun and interesting guy in the division. Not his match-up though.

MJ gave Barboza a rigorous high paced beating over 3 rounds. I don't see him having gas tank problems.

Johnson has hit his stride and I don't see Dariush having any answer for his striking. He's going to get stung and beat up in a UD.

I like Dariush and he's definitely a fun and interesting guy in the division. Not his match-up though.

While I am going to go with Johnson, I think you've misread the matchup. Standing/striking cardio is different than ground cardio. I can go 12 rounds of sparring no problem. 5 minutes of rolling and I'm dead. Johnson could be in trouble if he's not able to thwart early takedowns.

Dariush just because I started a weird thing where I never pick Johnson to win, like ever.

[YT]M12Z-Lo6WPs[/YT]

Dariush sees some holes. He is 5-1 in the UFC and Johnson is on a 4 fight win streak. top 5 opponent vs 11 dariush. How do you guys see it? I am predicting a sub since johnson has lost 6 of his 8 fights via submission.

this video is from the show brutally honest mma. The full episode of the show can be seen here. Eddie Bravo is also on the show saying Ralek Gracie tried to ruin his event and that palhares is mentally challenged.

[YT]spj-pH9sV6g[/YT]

I think Johnson takes a decision.

His opponents... 18-25 in the UFC. That said, he's very good against all fighters when it comes to ground fighting. In the past that was Johnson's weakness. But his opponents have a 42-20 UFC record.

MJ definitely has faced a higher caliber of fighter. Although, he has been far less active the past few years, and benny has had 6 fights in 17 months. You are right also about johnson losing 6 of 8 via submission, but has not lost via sub in a few years. Benny is a world champion bjj player though. Going to be a great fight; huge opportunity for benny.

You're right..... knowing things doesn't equal knowing things. I hate when people use statistics and historical data so they can pretend it's somehow facts or history.

Regurgitating facts does not mean you know anything. A guy who's never watched a fight in his life could tell you how long it's been since Johnson was subbed or the combined record of their recent opponents after taking a peek at fight finder. Watching the two fighters it seems that MJ is not going to make any big leaps when it comes to refining his game, just tuning up the finer aspects, while Dariush is taking big strides and hasn't come close to his "prime" yet. That's just what I see when I watch them fight, Johnson looks like the same fighter just perfecting his craft, Bene looks like a guy that's still evolving and can bring something unexpected.

And then you just repeat my general statement, that either guy could win and Dariush is a slight underdog that could "upset".

Nope... You said Dariush "wouldn't be a bad bet" whereas I said "not a fight I would bet on" and you are clearly leaning towards Johnson while I'm going the other way.

Pretty cut and dry.

Regurgitating facts does not mean you know anything. A guy who's never watched a fight in his life could tell you how long it's been since Johnson was subbed or the combined record of their recent opponents after taking a peek at fight finder.

Then you aren't actually reading what I wrote. You're just mad I do research, I guess. Sorry you don't like it.

Watching the two fighters it seems that MJ is not going to make any big leaps when it comes to refining his game,
Except that he faced two high-caliber grapplers and defeated them.... and then defeated Barboza.

while Dariush is taking big strides and hasn't come close to his "prime" yet. That's just what I see when I watch them fight, Johnson looks like the same fighter just perfecting his craft, Bene looks like a guy that's still evolving and can bring something unexpected.

I don't disagree, but this is also pointless nattering, and not actual useful analysis.

[quoteNope... You said Dariush "wouldn't be a bad bet" whereas I said "not a fight I would bet on" and you are clearly leaning towards Johnson while I'm going the other way.

Pretty cut and dry.[/QUOTE]

You breakdown is what I was talking about. Your reading comprehension is poor.

Originally Posted by cumafish View Post
Beniel needs to stop believing his own hype.
You say the weirdest shit sometimes

he comes off as the most humble person ever; not sure if serious.

I think Dariush gets lit up.

giphy.gif

benny got lucky. I could see it going either way, but dman that was close. rd 1 johnson, round 2 toss up, round 3 benny.

Benny doesn't have a scratch on his face and MJ looks beat up.

Benny doesn't have a scratch on his face and MJ looks beat up.

really? Benny is my boy, but he looked to have had a busted lip or jaw and a small black eye. His jab was on fire though and had some good kicks. Needs to work on his wrestle take down set ups.

Back