Television DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN (Leaked Trailer from New York Comic-Con, post #279; Premieres March 4, 2025)

Not sure. The reason why I hated that Kingpin version in Hawkeye compared to the Daredevil version was he looked like a mid-level mob boss with his aloha shirt. His subordinates are the cartoonish and incompetent Track Suit Mafias. He stupidly tried to kill Kate's mom in public rather than order his men to do it. His home base seems to be a used car dealership.

Kingpin-Hawkeye.jpg
The shirt was comic accurate but didn’t match for Christmas. It was a bad portrayal.

Not sure. The reason why I hated that Kingpin version in Hawkeye compared to the Daredevil version was he looked like a mid-level mob boss with his aloha shirt. His subordinates are the cartoonish and incompetent Track Suit Mafias. He stupidly tried to kill Kate's mom in public rather than order his men to do it. His home base seems to be a used car dealership.

Kingpin-Hawkeye.jpg
The shirt was comic accurate but didn’t match for Christmas. It was a bad portrayal.
Beat me to it.
upload_2022-7-27_13-32-27.jpeg
It is meant to kinda camouflage his true nature. The image here of him attacking Spiderman conveys that contrast.

Kingpin-Hawkeye.jpg
I kind of thought that the Tracksuit mafia was only one of the organizations he controlled, at least that’s what I hope. They did make him more powerful but somehow less intelligent than before. It was a very brief glimpse though and I hope we see him as both Brute and intelligent Manipulator in the future.

Last edited:
Still so disappointed in how the Punisher adaptations have been.

Glimpses of something good in Season 2 of Daredevil but they just can’t get it right.

JB also just isn’t Punisher. He tries and God Bless him for giving it his all — but he’s not Frank.
I’ll admit to knowing next to nothing about Frank Castle but I thought scenes like the one in the pawn shop and even in court were pretty damm good.

Glad the DD show will have a lot more episodes per season, but 2024 is too far away.

Beat me to it.
View attachment 934358
It is meant to kinda camouflage his true nature. The image here of him attacking Spiderman conveys that contrast.
I know that there was a version of Kingpin in the comics wearing that aloha shirt but it did not fit with Kingpin's style that was portrayed in the Daredevil TV show. If it was a new actor playing Kingpin, I would have been more forgiving with the new changes. But since they got the same actor playing the same character, the high standard should have been maintained. But the aloha shirt is the least of my complaints, the other complaints I mentioned before are more egregious for me.

I know that there was a version of Kingpin in the comics wearing that aloha shirt but it did not fit with Kingpin's style that was portrayed in the Daredevil TV show. If it was a new actor playing Kingpin, I would have been more forgiving with the new changes. But since they got the same actor playing the same character, the high standard should have been maintained. But the aloha shirt is the least of my complaints, the other complaints I mentioned before are more egregious for me.
Everything sucks about the MCU now tbh. Will they ever put forward anything aside from high joke per minute homogenized crap? Doubtful.

Netflix Daredevil is pretty much the best thing to come out of Marvel since the MCU kicked off. Charlie Cox is a perfect Matt Murdock. I have my reservations about the new series given the current state of the MCU. The D+ shows have all been duds to me.

Punisher '89 is where it's at. Low Budget. Dated. Grindhouse. Best Villains. Love it.

Everything sucks about the MCU now tbh. Will they ever put forward anything aside from high joke per minute homogenized crap? Doubtful.
I think Werewolf By Night special that’s gonna be released in October is supposed to be a some sort of horror movie set in MCU.

OIP.cpQ0dW0D0xb5aR7bvuBSOQHaKd

If they follow this^... WHOOOOOO Nellie! Buckle UP! :)

One of the greatest comics ever written:cool:

I'll be interested to see how they adapt it. For one thing, Karen Page is a very different character in the comic to Woll's portrayal of her in the show.

Also, I hope they bring in Nuke,

"Give me a Red"...

I'll be interested to see how they adapt it. For one thing, Karen Page is a very different character in the comic to Woll's portrayal of her in the show.

"Give me a Red"...
We got a variation of Nuke in Jessica Jones season 2. But yeah, it would be cool to see a more comic-accurate Nuke in Born Again (played by Alan Ritchson).

315e7d09-e1ad-45bd-9624-5796896da3e8-simp.jpg

"Give me a Red"...

Nuke is one of my favorite characters.... EVER.

Nuke-Give-me-a-Red.jpg

He's so tragic. He was an American "true-believer" and they used that belief to turn him into a monster. :(

Great character. If Nuke isn't in it, that'll be canyon sized missed opportunity.

Nuke is one of my favorite characters.... EVER.

Nuke-Give-me-a-Red.jpg

He's so tragic. He was an American "true-believer" and they used that belief to turn him into a monster. :(

Great character. If Nuke isn't in it, that'll be canyon sized missed opportunity.

Have you read his backstory in Wolverine: Origins? Some of the darkest shit ever written in the mainstream continuity.

Back