Television DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN (Leaked Trailer from New York Comic-Con, post #279; Premieres March 4, 2025)

fe967098efd1e47fa9308458ee2ac23c0aa9ace6.gifv
Didn’t even realize it was yellow

10 bucks says I know the song they use for the trailer, any takers?

Still so disappointed in how the Punisher adaptations have been.

Glimpses of something good in Season 2 of Daredevil but they just can’t get it right.

JB also just isn’t Punisher. He tries and God Bless him for giving it his all — but he’s not Frank.

Glimpses of something good in Season 2 of Daredevil but they just can’t get it right.

JB also just isn’t Punisher. He tries and God Bless him for giving it his all — but he’s not Frank.
Same here. Was not a big fan of his chatty Punisher.

Appearance-wise, I think Ray Stevenson was the best one for me.

Agreed. Stevenson had the physicality to do it well. Just — that movie was so god awful. I thought Anson Mount could have done it well but need to revisit a future casting as he’s also too small.

Frank has to be physically imposing. Stoic and brooding. If he had 10 lines of dialogue in a movie only that would be enough.

It could have been so much better but they made the episodes and seasons too long. They had to fill way too much time and the show and character suffered because of it.

It could have been so much better but they made the episodes and seasons too long. They had to fill way too much time and the show and character suffered because of it.
The RetCon decision of how his family died completely misses the point of the character.

Castle punishes criminals because his family was caught in the cross fire of a mob hit. The blindness of it is why he is blind to any mercy for criminals.

To make his families death as a coverup of his black ops work? Terrible decision.

<DisgustingHHH>

Bernthal was an awesome Frank Castle. It's just near impossible to make a good Punisher series because they can't just have him destroying fools for 10 hours. But he nailed it during S2 of DD.

Dolph was the best IMO. And his movie was better than Stevenson's.

Sadly they're both too old to play Frank now.

The bernthal writers really screwed up that show. Outside of one awesome episode anyway.

The bernthal writers really screwed up that show. Outside of one awesome episode anyway.

Agreed I thought Bernthal was fine. Sure a bigger guy would work better but this was good especially in DD. The show was just bad though.

Bernthal was an awesome Frank Castle. It's just near impossible to make a good Punisher series because they can't just have him destroying fools for 10 hours. But he nailed it during S2 of DD.
They already have a blueprint for a successful Punisher TV series. Just follow The Punisher Vol. 7 (or Punisher MAX) by Garth Ennis. Each story arc is around 5 to 6 issues. It isn't all about Punisher just shooting people, it also focuses on the supporting characters and villains. It reminds me of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul where you are drawn to whatever is happening with the other supporting characters. Unfortunately, the Punisher TV series gave us a boring story and supporting characters you don't care about.

B4KnzhKh.jpg

They already have a blueprint for a successful Punisher TV series. Just follow The Punisher Vol. 7 (or Punisher MAX) by Garth Ennis. Each story arc is around 5 to 6 issues. It isn't all about Punisher just shooting people, it also focuses on the supporting characters and villains. It reminds me of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul where you are drawn to whatever is happening with the other supporting characters. Unfortunately, the Punisher TV series gave us a boring story and supporting characters you don't care about.

latest
Well I've been saying that for years, specifically the Slavers arc. But then someone always tells me that even Netflix wouldn't do that.

Well I've been saying that for years, specifically the Slavers arc. But then someone always tells me that even Netflix wouldn't do that.
If they won't do Slavers, there are still plenty of fantastic arcs like:

In the Beginning
Mother Russia
Up is Down and Black is White
Barracuda
Man of Stone

Dolph was the best IMO. And his movie was better than Stevenson's.

Sadly they're both too old to play Frank now.

I agree 100% with Dolph. Loved that movie.

He had 7 minutes on screen, right?
Not sure. The reason why I hated that Kingpin version in Hawkeye compared to the Daredevil version was he looked like a mid-level mob boss with his aloha shirt. His subordinates are the cartoonish and incompetent Track Suit Mafias. He stupidly tried to kill Kate's mom in public rather than order his men to do it. His home base seems to be a used car dealership.

Kingpin-Hawkeye.jpg

Back