Daniel Cormier's path to undisputed GOAT

He'd need more wins than that. So it won't happen

1-1-1 wouldn't be a credible account of what actually happened... a fight being overturned due to drug offences don't change the fact that everyone saw Jones knock him out
it actually does because one fighter was clean? people will say Jones cheated to win. steroids won. period.

1)Brock Lesnar - HW
2)Stipe Miocic 2 - HW
3) Jon Jones 3 - HW

This would give him 18 wins as HW, tying Miocic
Prove the first win on Stipe was not a fluke
4 title defenses, passing Miocic
A win on Jones making them 1-1-1
This would also put him past Cain in all categories as well.(Wins, title defenses).
3 fights would not put him far past his retirement goal either.
And a red panty night for fun.

Is there any reality he can pull it off?

He can’t pull it off. Jones is obviously his Kryptonite. I also highly doubt they ever fight again. I also think a win over Lesnar at this point would be highly exaggerated.

Brock fight makes zero sense tbh im not interested in that fight at all . He should give Stipe his rightful rematch.
He is in my top 5 GOAT list tho but i dont see him taking the undisputed goat title from GSP.
no

He's gonna have size and strength advantages no matter what. He's a big guy, clean or not.

He's a better wrestler, faster, and he hits pretty hard as well. Of course there's a hundred different scenarios that could play out where Lesnar wins.

Its not black or white.

Just because Brock might still have a strength advantage is not the same as him having a massive strength advantage.

Brock is technically not a better wrestler. His size and strength are a major factor for his wrestling and take his strength away ... his wrestling will.suffer.

a win over Brock Lesnar in 2019 doesn't do much to add to his legacy.

I know Lesnar doesnt add much to his legacy but it gives him another defense and we all know its the fight he wants. Let the man get a big payday before retirement.

He is not. To you "doing just fine" is talk trash on social media whining about Jones (he didn't forget the shin on his mind, sore loser) and beat Black Bum, run from Jones when he is back and don't give Stipe a rematch? If this is ok for you, you and the others who thinks like that are losers like him. He is far, far away from being a GOAT. But not so far, he only needs to do the right thing and stop the marketing.
Hot damn this is the epitome of a keyboard warrior.

I think scheduling DC vs Brock as the headliner with Stipe vs whoever as tbe co main makes sense. If Brock falls through, Stipe can step up for the rematch. If both fights happen, the winners can fight, hopefully Stipe vs DC.
stipe should have got a fight with that oleynik or whatever his name is. thats a easy matchup for him and a W to get him back in the win column. jds is fighting black beast, so only other guys available are really overeem now that francis and cain are fighting.

if i had it my way i would have did jds vs reem II since both of them are coming off wins, and then i woulda did stipe vs black beast cuz its a fresh matchup. stipe has wins over francis, reem and jds and they were all convincing so i dont really wanna see stipe fight any of those guys right now aside from maybe a jds trilogy down the line, MAYBE.

1)Brock Lesnar - HW
2)Stipe Miocic 2 - HW
3) Jon Jones 3 - HW

This would also put him past Cain in all categories as well.(Wins, title defenses).

Lesnar would add NOTHING to him.
Stipe would be an awesome step.
Jon should be at LHW. Jon never fought at HW, and it should not count the same way.
and a third fight would be awesome if it was someone like Blaydes.

But no, even then he would not be GOAT IMHO.
Fedor dominated for far longer. So did SIlva or GSP. And SIlva had much more impressive wins. So did Jon.

So I don't think this would put him undoubtedly as GOAT.
But surely he would become one of the guys at that never-ending discussion.

1)Brock Lesnar - HW
2)Stipe Miocic 2 - HW
3) Jon Jones 3 - HW

Funny how the moment DC wins against Jones's all of a sudden it can't be disputed that he's the GOAT. When Jones wins against DC twice, nope you guys want a trilogy. Hillarious you all probably would be opposed to a fourth fight the moment Jon lost. I feel like people also just started to ignore DC's age and the fact that his chances of pulling the upset are considerably worse than they were the first two times. The first fight was DC's best chance.

The HW records in those areas are not hard to break. 3 title defenses while the gold standard at HW isnt that big a deal elswhere. Cain has fought like 3 or 4 times in six years who cares if you've won more or defended more than Cain? Cain's nowhere near the actual record of UFC wins.

Here's the actual leaderboard for wins and even there wins just mean longevity if they come with losses.
http://www.fightmatrix.com/ufc-records/most-wins/

Don't know how Brock is relevant to anything in this conversation except DC being able to say he beat another former HW champ. Jones can fight Tito and say he beat another champ too. It's an option cause it will make money.

DC is probably the HW GOAT now but that title doesn't mean much. He beat Stipe and his only losses and close fights were to Jones and Gus, getting the defenses record just makes it more clear. Even without this stuff though just consistently winning regardless gets you into the UFC HW GOAT convo because no one really does that.

Damn you come across as a Jones nuthugger.
1) i honestly dont think DC can beat Jones. I never said that in the OP. I said that he would have to beat him to be considered for the GOAT not that would happen.
2)Jones only has one win against DC so a win by DC would out them 1-1-1(also in the OP) l. IF that happened i would absolutely want a fourth fight.
3) the HW win record is what it is. IMO Fedor is the HW GOAT but overall GOAT i think DC would have an argument if he did the things i listed.
4) I only brought up Cain because here on Sherdog he is widely regarded as the UFC HW GOAT
5)Brock is just a big payday for DC and the only thing he does is add to the title defenses
6)You posted a leaderboard for wins when we are discussing HW wins, try again please.
7) ALL GOAT discussions are subjective and a matter of personal opinion. Dont take it so seriously.
Peace.
Funny how the moment DC wins against Jones's all of a sudden it can't be disputed that he's the GOAT. When Jones wins against DC twice, nope you guys want a trilogy. Hillarious you all probably would be opposed to a fourth fight the moment Jon lost. I feel like people also just started to ignore DC's age and the fact that his chances of pulling the upset are considerably worse than they were the first two times. The first fight was DC's best chance.

The HW records in those areas are not hard to break. 3 title defenses while the gold standard at HW isnt that big a deal elswhere. Cain has fought like 3 or 4 times in six years who cares if you've won more or defended more than Cain? Cain's nowhere near the actual record of UFC wins.

Here's the actual leaderboard for wins and even there wins just mean longevity if they come with losses.
http://www.fightmatrix.com/ufc-records/most-wins/

Don't know how Brock is relevant to anything in this conversation except DC being able to say he beat another former HW champ. Jones can fight Tito and say he beat another champ too. It's an option cause it will make money.

DC is probably the HW GOAT now but that title doesn't mean much. He beat Stipe and his only losses and close fights were to Jones and Gus, getting the defenses record just makes it more clear. Even without this stuff though just consistently winning regardless gets you into the UFC HW GOAT convo because no one really does that.

Bork doesn't do much for legacy.

The only one on that lists that really adds is Boner and Stipe, but it wouldn't be as much.

He isn't beating Jon ever so it's a moot point.

The first fight was his best chance. As the days go by, his chances get worse and worse as he is getting close to 40 and Jon is in his physical prime.

Jon will pop again and people will finally just accept that he is a cheater and can't be the GOAT.

it actually does because one fighter was clean? people will say Jones cheated to win. steroids won. period.

Evander holyfield is said to have cheated throughout his career, most people support talk of him as great. Controversy over cheating fades, videos of people getting knocked out last much longer

Damn you come across as a Jones nuthugger.
1) i honestly dont think DC can beat Jones. I never said that in the OP. I said that he would have to beat him to be considered for the GOAT not that would happen.
2)Jones only has one win against DC so a win by DC would out them 1-1-1(also in the OP) l. IF that happened i would absolutely want a fourth fight.
3) the HW win record is what it is. IMO Fedor is the HW GOAT but overall GOAT i think DC would have an argument if he did the things i listed.
4) I only brought up Cain because here on Sherdog he is widely regarded as the UFC HW GOAT
5)Brock is just a big payday for DC and the only thing he does is add to the title defenses
6)You posted a leaderboard for wins when we are discussing HW wins, try again please.
7) ALL GOAT discussions are subjective and a matter of personal opinion. Dont take it so seriously.
Peace.

It's easy to be a nuthugger for someone who never lost.

1)Don't think DC can win either but if he did think regardless of your post that people would consider him the GOAT and that's a double standard. Honestly think if the fight was actually close they'd want a fourth one and claim something like "look how much more competitive it was at HW".

2)I consider the second one a win. Fight went almost the same as the first one by the way except the finish. Regardless of Jones's PED's, DC gasses after the first few rounds and is no longer a threat something that's bound to get worse since DC's older.

Two other points. One Jones's is appealing the NC for that fight btw and it didn't seem like he'd intentionally dope given his natural advantages and the whole dick pill thing, why risk your career after the first time with such profound natural advantages. It also seems that they are likely to overturn from what I've read on here.

Second the first fight is when DC was younger and had the best chance, DC lost 4-1. That doesn't justify a rematch. DC's LHW title and everything else came as a product of Jones's hit and run and even then he was 2-1 at LHW coming off a loss, he flat out robbed Ryan Bader and didn't deserve that shot. There's nothing to suggest he'd beat Jones even if we take out the second fight, we just need the first, the second still happened and it still doesn't look good.

3)It can go either way or to someone like Cro Crop.

4)Think Cain's might have the best shot at beating Jones than anyone else at that division because he doesn't have the disadvantages that I think make HW easier for Jones than LHW. He's got cardio and he's got power. However he also doesn't have the taller height and longer reach that people think would give other HW's a shot. Most LHW's are larger than him now and so are some MW's. Jones has proven over and over again smaller dudes with heavy hands can't touch him, cardio or no cardio.

Cain's just too inactive to be GOAT IMO. With Jones at least, the guys at the top are still guys he beat. Cain's been gone so long that we have no idea how he'd do with DC(who he'd never fight) and Stipe. I honestly think he's consensus GOAT on here because of nostaglia same way Fedor is. He also lost to Werdum who also coincidentally subbed an also over the hill Fedor. Think today's guys are better though that cardio would still be huge.

5)Yup.

6)There's a reason almost no HW's are on that leaderboard. You were also using HW wins to justify someone being the GOAT over everyone else so that's relevant. You were also talking about DC's combined LHW and HW record, at HW DC's got only 4 wins in the UFC so why would only HW's be counted? Also Arlovoski has more UFC wins than Cain he has the record though DC can't touch it. Couture who was also at HW and LHW has more wins.

Don't think wins matter but DC isn't coming close to any sort of record he's got 11 total wins, to beat Arlovski and Coutrue he'd have to win 6 more which would take him well into his 40's even if he never lost which historically he's going to.

7)Fair. Taking it seriously cause Jones beat DC and DC keeps taking accolades from a guy who he didn't beat and I've never seen anything like this before in any sport. Why even have sports if winning doesn't matter? It's weird to see people openly arguing for a loser to be considered not only better than the winner but the best ever. Doesn't make any freaking sense and I quit after UFC 214 because people's mentality towards a guy getting a belt back after being finished is just weird. Difference between saying crying's okay and guys shouldn't be stigmatized for showing their emotions and it's another to give someone a damm trophy for crying.

Good post except for that last one. Once again your love for Jones is shining bright.
DC didnt get the LHW belt because of crying. The belt was vacated because of Jones actions. What was the UFC supposed to do? Not have a lhw belt until Jones gets his shit together?
Jones has noone to blame except himself.
I have no problems saying without the PEDs and controversy Jones would be the all time GOAT problem is the PED failures and controversies happened and it was noones fault except Jones.
Ive never seen in any sport fans that are so adamant about supporting a cheater.
Its all good though, keep rooting for him, ill keep streaming his fights and rooting against him. In the end it doesnt really matter.
Good talk though. Hespect.
It's easy to be a nuthugger for someone who never lost.

1)Don't think DC can win either but if he did think regardless of your post that people would consider him the GOAT and that's a double standard. Honestly think if the fight was actually close they'd want a fourth one and claim something like "look how much more competitive it was at HW".

2)I consider the second one a win. Fight went almost the same as the first one by the way except the finish. Regardless of Jones's PED's, DC gasses after the first few rounds and is no longer a threat something that's bound to get worse since DC's older.

Two other points. One Jones's is appealing the NC for that fight btw and it didn't seem like he'd intentionally dope given his natural advantages and the whole dick pill thing, why risk your career after the first time with such profound natural advantages. It also seems that they are likely to overturn from what I've read on here.

Second the first fight is when DC was younger and had the best chance, DC lost 4-1. That doesn't justify a rematch. DC's LHW title and everything else came as a product of Jones's hit and run and even then he was 2-1 at LHW coming off a loss, he flat out robbed Ryan Bader and didn't deserve that shot. There's nothing to suggest he'd beat Jones even if we take out the second fight, we just need the first, the second still happened and it still doesn't look good.

3)It can go either way or to someone like Cro Crop.

4)Think Cain's might have the best shot at beating Jones than anyone else at that division because he doesn't have the disadvantages that I think make HW easier for Jones than LHW. He's got cardio and he's got power. However he also doesn't have the taller height and longer reach that people think would give other HW's a shot. Most LHW's are larger than him now and so are some MW's. Jones has proven over and over again smaller dudes with heavy hands can't touch him, cardio or no cardio.

Cain's just too inactive to be GOAT IMO. With Jones at least, the guys at the top are still guys he beat. Cain's been gone so long that we have no idea how he'd do with DC(who he'd never fight) and Stipe. I honestly think he's consensus GOAT on here because of nostaglia same way Fedor is. He also lost to Werdum who also coincidentally subbed an also over the hill Fedor. Think today's guys are better though that cardio would still be huge.

5)Yup.

6)There's a reason almost no HW's are on that leaderboard. You were also using HW wins to justify someone being the GOAT over everyone else so that's relevant. You were also talking about DC's combined LHW and HW record, at HW DC's got only 4 wins in the UFC so why would only HW's be counted? Also Arlovoski has more UFC wins than Cain he has the record though DC can't touch it. Couture who was also at HW and LHW has more wins.

Don't think wins matter but DC isn't coming close to any sort of record he's got 11 total wins, to beat Arlovski and Coutrue he'd have to win 6 more which would take him well into his 40's even if he never lost which historically he's going to.

7)Fair. Taking it seriously cause Jones beat DC and DC keeps taking accolades from a guy who he didn't beat and I've never seen anything like this before in any sport. Why even have sports if winning doesn't matter? It's weird to see people openly arguing for a loser to be considered not only better than the winner but the best ever. Doesn't make any freaking sense and I quit after UFC 214 because people's mentality towards a guy getting a belt back after being finished is just weird. Difference between saying crying's okay and guys shouldn't be stigmatized for showing their emotions and it's another to give someone a damm trophy for crying.

Brock fight makes zero sense tbh im not interested in that fight at all . He should give Stipe his rightful rematch.
He is in my top 5 GOAT list tho but i dont see him taking the undisputed goat title from GSP.
I'm a !ong time Stipe fan but I don't see how he has a claim to a "rightful" rematch after getting cleanly KOed in the first despite having 3 title defences.

If Aldo didn't deserve a "rightful rematch" than nobody does and Stipe should go out and remind the world why he's great instead of sitting around stewing and getting rusty.

Also while Brock should right fully lose the dude is a big powerful live dog and DC taking him lightly could very well end in disaster.

1)Brock Lesnar - HW
2)Stipe Miocic 2 - HW
3) Jon Jones 3 - HW

2 & 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back