Daniel Cormier's path to undisputed GOAT

Good post except for that last one. Once again your love for Jones is shining bright.
DC didnt get the LHW belt because of crying. The belt was vacated because of Jones actions. What was the UFC supposed to do? Not have a lhw belt until Jones gets his shit together?
Jones has noone to blame except himself.
I have no problems saying without the PEDs and controversy Jones would be the all time GOAT problem is the PED failures and controversies happened and it was noones fault except Jones.
Ive never seen in any sport fans that are so adamant about supporting a cheater.
Its all good though, keep rooting for him, ill keep streaming his fights and rooting against him. In the end it doesnt really matter.
Good talk though. Hespect.

DC got a title shot coming off of a loss to the champ. Ryan Bader had a four fight winning streak and his loss to Jones was years ago. Davis who lost to Bader was 4-1 before the split decision loss. DC was gifted the shot. Gus didn't deserve that next one off a loss either. So yeah I do think DC got the shot at UFC 187 and the belt because of crying. He also only had 2 wins at LHW before his first Jones shot and I don't think he deserved that either but with the next one they went above and beyond.

Many considered Jones the GOAT years before 2015. I wrote an article about it in 2012 arguing why he was better than AS.

Given the context of the world today I just don't give a shit. I'm not going to think well or poorly of someone because they cheated especially unintentionally. Am more inclined to judge someone being gifted something off of another person's issues then running around like they were superior to that person. DC wouldn't have gotten another shot without Jones's issues and after getting all emotional he's going to kick someone when they are down suggesting they are fake when they kicked your ass? That's just such dishonorable shit. I have far more of a problem with that than any "cheating" which becomes a moral tragedy when someone people don't like does it.

You're right it doesn't matter. It's a sport or a game. People are allowed to talk about and get pissed by stuff that doesn't matter. DC fans do it about Jones juicing, I do it about DC being gifted things by the UFC and blind luck then acting like he's a legend. Guy would likely be retired if Jones goes home without an accident that day and DC was able to make millions of dollars and create generational wealth for his family because someone else messed up in life. Don't kick the guy who's bad life choices(many people if not most people in Jones's situation make those choices and no one knows unless there are consequences) were the best thing that ever happened to you.

When was the last time people mentioned Jones stopped a robbery the day of his fight with Shogun? What if the guy had a gun and popped him and he lost his whole career? That shows character, nothing Jones did wrong really says anything about him as a person.

Do the younger people who think Jones is a horrible person even know that happened? Does it not fit the narrative that someone's a terrible person for failing a drug test and getting in a hit and run?

There you go again. Man, get his balls out of your mouth. You're embarrassing yourself.
We know your a fan but damn, dont be delusional. Embrace the dont give a fuck about PEDs stance and run with it like Jones is doing.
nothing Jones did wrong really says anything about him as a person.

There you go again. Man, get his balls out of your mouth. You're embarrassing yourself.
We know your a fan but damn, dont be delusional. Embrace the dont give a fuck about PEDs stance and run with it like Jones is doing.

This is a thread claiming someone who lost to Jones twice has a path to undisputed GOAT?

Well it's more complicated than "I don't give a fuck".

But I don't give a fuck.

Brock fight makes zero sense tbh im not interested in that fight at all . He should give Stipe his rightful rematch.
He is in my top 5 GOAT list tho but i dont see him taking the undisputed goat title from GSP.
Because DC deserves to get paid before he retires
His done a lot for the sport and has had to put up with a lot of unfair shit from Jones numerous times

Keep on telling yourself he lost twice. Facts dont matter huh? Check that record again friend.
This is a thread claiming someone who lost to Jones twice has a path to undisputed GOAT?

Well it's more complicated than "I don't give a fuck".

But I don't give a fuck.

Evander holyfield is said to have cheated throughout his career, most people support talk of him as great. Controversy over cheating fades, videos of people getting knocked out last much longer
lance cheated. he aint GOAT. neither is Jones until he can fight clean.

1)Brock Lesnar - HW
2)Stipe Miocic 2 - HW
3) Jon Jones 3 - HW

This would give him 18 wins as HW, tying Miocic
Prove the first win on Stipe was not a fluke
4 title defenses, passing Miocic
A win on Jones making them 1-1-1
This would also put him past Cain in all categories as well.(Wins, title defenses).
3 fights would not put him far past his retirement goal either.
And a red panty night for fun.

Is there any reality he can pull it off?

nope cause jon has no plans on moving up and hew actions right now prove it.

1-1-1 wouldn't be a credible account of what actually happened... a fight being overturned due to drug offences don't change the fact that everyone saw Jones knock him out

also doesnt change the fact he needed peds

The Brock fight is a joke.

Who thought the Stipe fight was a fluke?

Jones was too afraid to fight him clean.

1)Brock Lesnar - HW
2)Stipe Miocic 2 - HW
3) Jon Jones 3 - HW

This would give him 18 wins as HW, tying Miocic
Prove the first win on Stipe was not a fluke
4 title defenses, passing Miocic
A win on Jones making them 1-1-1
This would also put him past Cain in all categories as well.(Wins, title defenses).
3 fights would not put him far past his retirement goal either.
And a red panty night for fun.

Is there any reality he can pull it off?
While impressive, this would NOT put him as GOAT IMO.
Lesnar is NOT an MMA fighter.
Jon is NOT a HW.
And his wins, while impressive, does NOT beat Fedor's decade unbeaten.

He isn't beating Jon ever so it's a moot point.

The first fight was his best chance. As the days go by, his chances get worse and worse as he is getting close to 40 and Jon is in his physical prime.

Exactly. DC at 35 in the best shape of his life did not get the job done. But at age 40 and overweight he is going to beat a 31-year-old in his prime Jones. No.

Exactly. DC at 35 in the best shape of his life did not get the job done. But at age 40 and overweight he is going to beat a 31-year-old in his prime Jones. No.
Also the element of the unknown going into the first fight..

Jon didn't know how strong DC would be in certain areas and where he could capitalize, now he doea... The element of surprise was DC's best chance.

Jon knows what to expect now and is in his physical prime, while DC no longer is.

Also the element of the unknown going into the first fight..

Jon didn't know how strong DC would be in certain areas and where he could capitalize, now he doea... The element of surprise was DC's best chance.

Jon knows what to expect now and is in his physical prime, while DC no longer is.

In that first fight you could actually tell Jones felt that he would dominate or at least control a lot of the exchanges in close. DC wanted to be in tight and Jones welcomed it.. He had no problem dealing with it. He loves breaking people mentally by fighting their style.

Back