Daniel Cormier.

Omarv62

White Belt
Reaction score
Now that Cain won, does this mean we will see him at lhw? If so who should he fight first? Thoughts?

Cormier vs Rashad would be cool. If he wins that, title shot.

He needs to shed the "Fedor weight" if he's going to safely make the cut to 205. If he tries to make the cut without seriously re-evaluating his diet and body composition, then I fear for his health.

He can make 205, but he's got to get the body fat percentage down in order to do it.

Hard time believing that he could sustain ongoing lhw cuts -- Kidneys have a way of letting you know that shit is bad asap.

I like Cormier, but he should stick to HW at his age. Cain could lose the belt, afterall... shocking. I know.

He said he would try to cut to LHW, but it's my understanding that he has problems cutting weight. If he can't make it, then I think he'll fight Cain.

Hard time believing that he could sustain ongoing lhw cuts -- Kidneys have a way of letting you know that shit is bad asap.

I like Cormier, but he should stick to HW at his age. Cain could lose the belt, afterall... shocking. I know.

True about the age and trying to cut that much weight. People forget he's 33.

He only has to lose about 20lbs of fat.......then cutting the rest shouldn't be a problem.

He probably won't have his first UFC fight until the middle of next year, he has plenty of time.

True about the age and trying to cut that much weight. People forget he's 33.

If Randy Couture could do it @ 43 then I honestly believe a conditioned Olympic caliber wrestler like Cormier could make the cut safely.

He said he would try to cut to LHW, but it's my understanding that he has problems cutting weight. If he can't make it, then I think he'll fight Cain.

Yeah I think he had probs at the Olympics trying to cut weight, his kidneys packed it in or something. But yeah, I think if he lost some of the puppy fat he might be able to do it, but I"m not going to tell him to, I'm a fat **** anyway! :icon_lol:

I do not believe for a second that Cormier is going to go to LHW. I would like to see him against JDS or even Kongo.

He only has to lose about 20lbs of fat.......then cutting the rest shouldn't be a problem.

He probably won't have his first UFC fight until the middle of next year, he has plenty of time.

He's fighting Dion Staring on 01/13/2013

His kidneys already shut down once from cutting too much.

He's gonna look like skinny Rashad if he tries to drop down.

You are correct Sir, about his 1st UFC fight.

Continue to call out lower weight class fighters who would beat him and refuse matches w/ fighters who would beat him in his own weight class.

If Randy Couture could do it @ 43 then I honestly believe a conditioned Olympic caliber wrestler like Cormier could make the cut safely.

He's a conditioned Olympic caliber wrestler whose kidneys have already shut down once due to excessive weight cutting. It pretty much ended his amateur wrestling career.

I think he probably can make the cut, but it'll take serious dieting to do it. He's got a lot of excess weight to shed to be able to make that cut safely.

He's a conditioned Olympic caliber wrestler whose kidneys have already shut down once due to excessive weight cutting. It pretty much ended his amateur wrestling career.

I think he probably can make the cut, but it'll take serious dieting to do it. He's got a lot of excess weight to shed to be able to make that cut safely.

Agreed.

Dana has a hard on for Cormier already. Watch the 155 post-fight press conference, he said he is JJ next fight after Sonnen.

Back