Daniel Cormier is the next Fedor Emelianenko

No.

Fedor is MUCH more humble.

Fedor was well out his prime lol

Of course he was. So is every former Pride fighter when they start losing.

Sherdog Rule #116: If any former Pride fighter loses in another organization, they are years beyond their prime and a shell of former self.

Sherdog Rule #116: If any former Pride fighter loses in another organization, they are years beyond their prime and a shell of former self.

Take a look at all the top UFC fighters during the Pride era and see how they were doing after the Pride fighters came to the UFC

Aging, how does it work?

I mean, Fedor was never an Olympian, unless you count his appearance in a video at the Olympics

Fedor is 4x world champion in his own sport. He is maybe the best sambo fighter ever while DC is an average wrestler. My friend who is world champion and olympic gold medalis wrestler is far better in greco-roman than DC ever been.

Take a look at all the top UFC fighters during the Pride era and see how they were doing after the Pride fighters came to the UFC

Aging, how does it work?

...so you're saying a 2004 Chuck Liddell doesn't get KO'd by Rich Franklin? Inconceivable! Wait, I mean conceivable, very very conceivable...

no he is not..... Fedor didnt deserve this to be compared with DC!!!

even if he literally killed bones tomorrow night, he still wouldn't be pound 4 pound. you don't get that after one win, no matter who it's against. troll.

I'm not so sure about that. It's a pretty unusual situation in the sport. Cormier is undefeated and has absolutely walked through everyone he's faced. He summarily knocked out Bigfoot and tossed Hendo around like he was a 5th grader. Mir and Barnett. These are real names.

IMO Jones is by far the most impressive strength of schedule win streak in the history of the sport. Vera, Janitor, Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Evans, Belfort, Sonnen, Gus, Glover. He literally ran through all of those guys save for Gus.

If Cormier stops Jones to cap his 15-0 career in MMA thus far, he's immediately up near the top of the P4P list. GSP is retired, Silva and Barao have fallen, so would Jones.

I love watching them both. I guess the way I see it Cormier kind of 'took over' from when Fedor declined , he started dominating.

So yes, they are probably very similar builds and have good quickness, but most of all its like the spirit of Fedor has transferred to a new fighter as Fedor's career came to a close. Maybe that's part of it too.

The way they fight and their relative strengths and weaknesses are fairly different though.

Fedor is 4x world champion in his own sport. He is maybe the best sambo fighter ever while DC is an average wrestler. My friend who is world champion and olympic gold medalis wrestler is far better in greco-roman than DC ever been.

Ok, I love Fedor and think trying to discredit him is dumb but "he may be the best ever at combat Sambo"?! A sport that is only popular in Russia but is still not as prestigious in Russia as Olympic wrestling... Dumb argument, sorry.

Last edited:
sambo is a marginal sport. Dc achievements in wrestling are far superior than fedors in sambo

Daniel Cormier destroys any version from Kettlebell to Sasquatch seat cushion that ever existed. DC ragdolled Hendo who gave Fedor an anesthetic short uppercut.

Daniel Cormier destroys any version from Kettlebell to Sasquatch seat cushion that ever existed. DC ragdolled Hendo who gave Fedor an anesthetic short uppercut.

You weren't even watching MMA when Fedor was fighting; your opinion is worthless

DC vs Fedor would have been a very interesting match up. I'd lean towards picking DC to win.

He was out his prime before the Arlovski fight (Which he won) :rolleyes:

[YT]aeOoKa5sKiw[/YT]

They used to call him the "Black Fedor" before he became more well known.

I thought Antonio McKee was the "Black Fedor"

And Justin McCully was the "American Fedor"

Back