Daniel Cormier is the next Fedor Emelianenko

tumblr_mpzttwaVU91sp9fcho1_500.gif

Hes not like Fedor. He's actually fighting the top tier fighters.

Fedor actually fought and defeated the HW champ of his day. Cormier went down a weight class instead.

Still, a lot of similarities in the way they chain grappling and striking together. Very rare to see at HW.

I don't think DC's comp has been any better than Fedor's in his prime. DC has ALOT of the same qualities that Fedor had. What DC lacks in submission prowess, he makes up for with his top tier wrestling. Both guys look physically inferior in every fight, yet both guys are lightning quick and are unstoppable.

They called him Black Fedor and Emelianegro because he was fighting people way bigger than him and was crushing them. Cormier's actual skillset and fighting style is very different from Fedor's.

I don't think DC's comp has been any better than Fedor's in his prime. DC has ALOT of the same qualities that Fedor had. What DC lacks in submission prowess, he makes up for with his top tier wrestling. Both guys look physically inferior in every fight, yet both guys are lightning quick and are unstoppable.

Fedor's biggest foes were Big Nog and Crocop, who couldn't even compete near the top in the ufc, while DC finished two guys that wrecked Fedor. No comparison really.

The guy with no ground game is the next Fedor...

Other than his body type and affinity for breaking his hand, that's where the similarity ends.

I'd love to see him start throwing wicked arm bars though and to me, his ground game and lack of finishing on the ground will cost him against Jones.

Fedor's biggest foes were Big Nog and Crocop, who couldn't even compete near the top in the ufc, while DC finished two guys that wrecked Fedor. No comparison really.

Fedor looked a lot better against Monson, though, and that was a past-prime Fedor. It's not like prime Fedor wouldn't have destroyed Bigfoot and Hendo. Hendo's coach even said they wanted none of Fedor back in PRIDE. Can't compare a fighter at the end of the road to a fighter in his prime. Also, both Hendo and Bigfoot were on TRT against Fedor.

You mean to say that fedor was the old Cormier.

fedor looked a lot better against monson, though, and that was a past-prime fedor. It's not like prime fedor wouldn't have destroyed bigfoot and hendo. Hendo's coach even said they wanted none of fedor back in pride. Can't compare a fighter at the end of the road to a fighter in his prime. Also, both hendo and bigfoot were on trt against fedor.

+ 1

His brain doesn't have much mileage, but his joints have a ton.

Randy had been wrestling a ton as well. Can't compare that to getting punched in the head. Fedor was getting punched in the head even before starting MMA (combat sambo).

Daniel Cormier is a mere three years younger than Fedor. So he's the same age as Fedor was when he lost to Werdum, Silva and Hendo. Getting old is a helluva thing. And mileage is equal given DC's high level wrestling training basically since adolescence.

Hate to agree, but it's true.

Fedor lost to Antonio Silva, and Dan Henderson, both of which DC destroyed.

fedor also had 33 fights by that point in his career lets see what dc' record looks like when or if he ever managers so stick around long enough to amass a 38 fight record like fedor... right now he is 35 with 15 fights

Daniel Cormier is a mere three years younger than Fedor. So he's the same age as Fedor was when he lost to Werdum, Silva and Hendo. Getting old is a helluva thing. And mileage is equal given DC's high level wrestling training basically since adolescence.

Mileage. Or do you really think Randy would've been so succesful in his forties if he had started MMA in his early twenties like Fedor? lol

Cormier himself said in an interview when an interviewer brought up his advanced age: "yea, but I started very late".

Negative

He is a good and more relevant fighter though.

Back