Daniel Cormier is the next Fedor Emelianenko

There is only one Fedor,but if there is anyone out there right now youd want to compare to in some ways its DC

Fedor's biggest foes were Big Nog and Crocop, who couldn't even compete near the top in the ufc, while DC finished two guys that wrecked Fedor. No comparison really.

thats like saying if rampage doesnt/didnt win the belt in bellator at this point in his career he was never as good as the best in bellator.

Daniel Cormier is a mere three years younger than Fedor. So he's the same age as Fedor was when he lost to Werdum, Silva and Hendo. Getting old is a helluva thing. And mileage is equal given DC's high level wrestling training basically since adolescence.

Wrestling is hard on the body, but you're not getting punched in the faced for 10 years. Fedor also did maritla arts his whole life as well. The mileage on Fedor is way beyond Cormier in terms of fighting and competing in actual fights.

Watching fedor dominate for 10 years was something special. The lengths people go to diminish his legacy is quite sad.

On topic the way he and DC throw looping punches to close distance and clinch is very similar. This guy gets it

QUOTE=MikeyLan;101890909]
Still, a lot of similarities in the way they chain grappling and striking together. Very rare to see at HW.[/QUOTE]

When I first saw DC, he reminded me a lot of Fedor and apparently I wasn't the only one that thought so because people started calling him black Fedor. Nowadays its kinda faded away and he doesn't remind me of Fedor much anymore. Maybe its because DC has a different personality to it kinda faded away the Fedor comparisons, plus they don't really fight that much similar.

I was thinking Daniel Cormier might be the first Daniel Cormier.

Color me fucking wrong.

I can see why people call DC Bledor. Deceptively quick at closing the distance with very good TDs from clinch and very powerful strikes.

I believe it

Fedor got dropped by a guy that fights at 185 in Henderson
Cormier could get dropped by Rumble

Fedor's biggest foes were Big Nog and Crocop, who couldn't even compete near the top in the ufc, while DC finished two guys that wrecked Fedor. No comparison really.

I know, Nog was only the champ. Nowhere near the top.

Oh, I see. This is why you all are picking DC.

It all makes sense now.

The MMA Time Machine strikes again.

Pride Era Cro Cop was an absolute monster and his fight with Fedor is one of the greats. You can't compare matches with fading legend Cro Cop and act like they're the same thing.

Silva lost to Takase he must have always been garbage.

GSP lost to Serra so his title reign is meaningless since it's clear he sucked.

The reality is that Fedor lost his training discipline the last few years and fell in love with his punching. His physique visibly degraded and he paid the price for it.

Fedor went 8+ years without a loss and had many more fights on his record than DC does. DC will never be the equal of Fedor as he's going to have a ridiculously short title run.

DC either wins and drops out for 12-18 months to fix his knee or he loses and does the same. How much will be left when he returns to action at 38 years of age?

If thats the case JJ is in a lot of trouble

He is known as black Fedor for a reason. If he beats Jones, man that would be a hell of an accomplishment.

Hes not like Fedor. He's actually fighting the top tier fighters.

Fedor has fought more current top 10 UFC HWs than Cain has, and Fedor's been retired for over 2 years lmao

Back