Dana's hate towards GSP is obvious and unfair

GSP had principles and stood by them, regardless of what Dana said. GSP is a draw and Dana saw that. And gsp didn’t even have to hype his card.
Gsp sold 800k with Struve and mccorkle as the co main.

Dana can’t bully gsp like he does with every other single fighter.

It wasn't GSP who ruined MW, that would be Michael Bisping or rather Luke Rockhold if you prefer. GSP should be regarded as a hero for getting the belt out of Ping's hands and setting the ship back right.

Bisping was another culprit but atleast he won the belt legit and by earning his TS. He wasn't gonna run from the big dogs at MW forever, he wouldn't have pulled a GSP. The latter is the one who dropped the title and left the MW legitimacy in tatters.

Bisping was another culprit but atleast he won the belt legit and by earning his TS. He wasn't gonna run from the big dogs at MW forever, he wouldn't have pulled a GSP. The latter is the one who dropped the title and left the MW legitimacy in tatters.
If you win 13 Title fights at WW I think that's a good case for a Title shot at MW. Look at Jon Jones right now, the HW Title shot is his if he wants it. I don't believe Bisping would have fought Romero or Whittaker after beating GSP if that had been the outcome. Well, at least not until he sat on the belt another year.

The hate for him is uncalled for! What did GSP ever do?

Never got in trouble w the law, never got caught for steroids, well spoken, good guy, dresses well, was a great person to have when MMA was just breaking on the scene when they said our sport had no athletes and was just a bunch of bar room brawlers,

GSP did so much for the sport, the hate by Dana is so uncalled for imo
He prefers fighters that try to win fights to fighters who try to win matches. Winning genuinely rather than winning via technicality.

He doesn't hate GSP.. But Dana is a user and when you have run out of usefulness, he is just done with you..

dresses well?

tenor.gif

If you win 13 Title fights at WW I think that's a good case for a Title shot at MW. Look at Jon Jones right now, the HW Title shot is his if he wants it. I don't believe Bisping would have fought Romero or Whittaker after beating GSP if that had been the outcome. Well, at least not until he sat on the belt another year.

Not if you've been sitting out for several years before that. GSP should have never been allowed anywhere near the MW title at that point. The only reason he ever did what he did is because he knew Bisping would be the easiest MW to ever beat for a MW title and that's why he dropped the title immediately.

He knew exactly what he was doing. It came with a cost. He has not been allowed back on his term. That's the cost. He's not a victim and his fans should stop acting like he is.

He doesn't hate Gsp.

Many people thought Hendricks won so it's not disrespectful for Dana to say.
And he gave GSP a gift title shot vs paper champ old Bisping

I dont get what you girls are so upset about
Upset that a purple belt on Sherdog doesn't even know the definition of "paper champ"...

The hate for him is uncalled for! What did GSP ever do?

Never got in trouble w the law, never got caught for steroids, well spoken, good guy, dresses well, was a great person to have when MMA was just breaking on the scene when they said our sport had no athletes and was just a bunch of bar room brawlers,

GSP did so much for the sport, the hate by Dana is so uncalled for imo

Huh? What makes you think you’d hate is real? GSP still works for the UFC as a French commentator

This is what makes Khabib rare, he couldn't control him and yet has never bashed him and he left the UFC on very good terms with Dana.

Lol. Give it time. Khabib represented a lot of money, especially for a Conor rematch. Dana will happily throw Khabib under the bus in the future if necessary.

Lol. Give it time. Khabib represented a lot of money, especially for a Conor rematch. Dana will happily throw Khabib under the bus in the future if necessary.

Depends how you define 'under the bus'.

What's the context here? I haven't seen anything to suggest Dana treats GSP unfairly. Surely we're not talking about the UFC's refusal to give GSP a LW title shot; especially after what GSP did with the MW title. Plus, GSP and Firas have been very clear that GSP isn't interested in defending titles; he's just looking for one-off "legacy fights." Now that Khabib has relinquished the belt, that fight makes more sense.

Shady fight promoters like poor, gullible and uneducated fighters who are quick to sign their lives away for nothing.

This is a big reason he hates guys like St Pierre or even Askren. He can’t badmouth them because they know their worth and well how to verbally shut him down.

I think when he won’t the belt against bisping and vacated immediately after rubbed the ufc brass he wrong way. Was a stupid thing to let him do in hindsight.
It was earlier than that. The Bisping thing was whatever. UFC made a shit ton of money off the fight, division eventually moved on.
GSP shouldn't have ruined an entire weight division just for his personal gain.

He brought it all upon himself. Take responsibility for your actions.
How did he ruin the division? It was stuck for a bit, then it moved on. And don't forget that the UFC booked Bispinf-Hendo 2 for a belt right before in Hendo's retirement fight.
GSP had principles and stood by them, regardless of what Dana said. GSP is a draw and Dana saw that. And gsp didn’t even have to hype his card.
Gsp sold 800k with Struve and mccorkle as the co main.

Dana can’t bully gsp like he does with every other single fighter.
GSP stands up for himself but let's not pretend he used a fighter union as anything else other than a negotiation tactic.

I think when he won’t the belt against bisping and vacated immediately after rubbed the ufc brass he wrong way. Was a stupid thing to let him do in hindsight.
He was already not liking GSP by then.
I think it started with GSP beating Hughes, which was one of Dana's favorite.
Also Dana ended up looking really stupid when he lied about GSP being at the hospital at the press conference after his fight vs Hendricks. Dana still have nightmare of GSP showing up at that presser.

Back