• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series- Season 2

I can testify Juan is known as an over confident youngster that doesn’t train as hard as he should due to his belief his wrestling is enough to beat anyone

He’s not that great of an athlete and has terrible stand up

Value on teed imo sans any extra knowledge to his weight issue

Keeping it small, but seems like an event a few big dogs will hit.

.5u Gross +325
.5u Mayes +325
.25u Teed +345

Gross is decently well rounded, has some pop in his hands and is aggressive. Should also be the larger guy.
Mayes/Sipe seems like the definition of a toss-up, not sure why odds are so wide.
Teed/Juan is essentially a bet on a big underdog between two green HW's. Teed wants to work his BJJ and Juan will no doubt bring this to the mat. Either one can probably land a KO on the feet since they both suck there.

Love the degeneracy of betting on the contender series. Debatably worse than betting on women's MMA but i'll be damned if I don't toss some coin around on these fights

Interesting statement by Adams on his previous fights (MMA Today interview)

"“I have a tendency in fights to fight to the level of my opponent,” detailed Adams. “That’s why sometimes, you can see, I’m lazy out there. Once I realize the guy can’t hurt me or do anything with me, I just kind of mess around. We’ve been working on breaking that habit in training. Hopefully, it’ll show.”"

Adams will smash Teed. Teed has to get an early sub or he is done. Adams has better cardio, pressure striking, and wrestling. Adams also has a good sprawl and front headlock positional game which will give Adams moments of top control (i.e., winning the fight) without having to deal with Teed's sub threats. Teed was also subbing guys who do not have much threats with ground and pound which Adams has. Teed will be super uncomfortable, eventually tire, and get pounded out most likely or finished standing.

Easy cash.

Interesting statement by Adams on his previous fights (MMA Today interview)

"“I have a tendency in fights to fight to the level of my opponent,” detailed Adams. “That’s why sometimes, you can see, I’m lazy out there. Once I realize the guy can’t hurt me or do anything with me, I just kind of mess around. We’ve been working on breaking that habit in training. Hopefully, it’ll show.”"

Haha not what you want to hear if you are betting a young, juiced HW. He will learn quick that almost any decent HW can hurt him.

Haha not what you want to hear if you are betting a young, juiced HW. He will learn quick that almost any decent HW can hurt him.
I think it's a good thing at this point that he is verbalizing it as something that he worked on. Besides, stylistically how many heavyweight fighters can pull off submissions nowadays, especially against better opponents or at higher than regional levels? Even submission experts like Frank Mir can't manage that nowadays, it's almost a relic of the past. I wouldn't be shocked if Adams doesn't win but would be if he gets submitted rather than getting KOed or maybe gassing out and losing a decision if he does get upset by the underdog Teed.

I've been hyping up Adams but I managed to catch him at -250. -450 is too juiced for anyone on these cards lol

Adams will smash Teed. Teed has to get an early sub or he is done. Adams has better cardio, pressure striking, and wrestling. Adams also has a good sprawl and front headlock positional game which will give Adams moments of top control (i.e., winning the fight) without having to deal with Teed's sub threats. Teed was also subbing guys who do not have much threats with ground and pound which Adams has. Teed will be super uncomfortable, eventually tire, and get pounded out most likely or finished standing.

Easy cash.
how do you know Juan have better cardio? there is only a couple R1 finishes from Teed on youtube.. or did you find some of his other fights somewhere?

the only indication i could find about Teed's cardio was on his instagram showing him suplexing Meyers in R2 which is not a bad look for a HW as far as cardio go

I've been hyping up Adams but I managed to catch him at -250. -450 is too juiced for anyone on these cards lol

Yas I caught him at -250 as well. I think -450 is about right now. I see him winning in the 80ish percent range.

how do you know Juan have better cardio? there is only a couple R1 finishes from Teed on youtube.. or did you find some of his other fights somewhere?

the only indication i could find about Teed's cardio was on his instagram showing him suplexing Mayers in R2 which is not a bad look for a HW as far as cardio go

Gassed vs Anyanwu

Don't have any strong reads this card, but kinda think Roosevelt Roberts has this.

Gross has the worst takedown defense ever, even if he's the slightly bigger guy I think Roberts can get this to the mat and probably sub him. And even if not Roberts has a 4" reach advantage and is faster, although Gross is a decent athlete in his own rite.

Really the only concern is that Gross has some KO power and Roberts' chin is untested. But all of Gross's KOs are against bums and in his UFC profile he lists "Jesus Christ" as his hero so I'm fairly comfy betting against this dude.

DWTNCS 15 Risk $1862.50

Roosevelt Roberts wins inside distance (-140) vs Garrett Gross $70.00 for $50.00

Mitchell Sipe/Don'tale Mayes Under 1½ (-130) $65.00 for $50.00
Mitchell Sipe/Don'tale Mayes won't go 3 round distance (-265) $132.00 for $50.00

Ian Heinisch wins inside distance (-135) $54.00 for $40.00
Ian Heinisch/Justin Sumter Under 2½ (-125) $62.50 for $50.00
Ian Heinisch/Justin Sumter won't go 3 round distance (-145) $72.50 for $50.00

Jordan Griffin (-155) vs Maurice Mitchell $155.00 for $100.00
Jordan Griffin (-155) vs Maurice Mitchell $155.00 for $100.00
Jordan Griffin (-160) vs Maurice Mitchell $160.00 for $100.00

Juan Adams (-231) vs Shawn Teed $231.00 for $100.00
Juan Adams (-233) vs Shawn Teed $233.00 for $100.00
Juan Adams (-235) vs Shawn Teed $235.00 for $100.00
Juan Adams/Shawn Teed Under 1½ (-175) $87.50 for $50.00
Juan Adams/Shawn Teed won't go 3 round distance (-300) $150.00 for $50.00

Back