Rumored Dana White - Zuffa Boxing - December 11th

2Wasted2Day

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Dana White rumoured to enter into boxing with an undisputed match between Claressa Shields Vs Marie-Eve on December 11th in Las Vegas.

Is this also part setup for a future Amanda Nunes Vs Claressa Shields two fight deal. One Boxing, One MMA???

20201107_161944.jpg 20201107_161927.jpg

Reminds me of when Vince McMahon promoted the Sugar Ray Leonard vs Donny Lalonde fight
He quickly learned that the world of boxing was way more cutthroat than anything he'd dealt with before and never came back for a second try

Danas used to being the big fish and negotiating from a position of power, some of his biggest misses(Fedor, Gina Carano) always happen when the fighter has other options which then leads to Dana saying "So and so didnt really wanna fight" after he fails to make a deal
Hes gonna be no ones first option in boxing and he'll learn that really quickly

I don’t think Dana needs to step into ventures outside of MMA as others have said he won’t have dick say in terms of money vs other real boxing promotions. If it was beyond a startup maybe. But how much will he vest for a quite possible failure?

the ufc wouldnt be able to afford canelo, guy got paid $365 mil for 11 fights.
Where does that money come from? Are boxing PPV sales way, way higher than MMA PPV sales? Is boxing still super popular?

So stupid....

Theres already like 15 promotions....

Concentrate on MMA man....this has disaster written all over it...

UFC could be in trouble moving forward....

Better start catching up on your bellator and PFL news they just might be the number 1 promotion in a year or so

Where does that money come from? Are boxing PPV sales way, way higher than MMA PPV sales? Is boxing still super popular?
DAZN is owned by a gigantic company Access Industries, which even owns 86.3% of Warner Music.

So stupid....

Theres already like 15 promotions....

Concentrate on MMA man....this has disaster written all over it...

UFC could be in trouble moving forward....

Better start catching up on your bellator and PFL news they just might be the number 1 promotion in a year or so
You are correlating a foray into boxing with the downfall of the UFC?

Just seems like a stretch.

Lol women’s boxing is not “the boxing market.” This is more a long the lines of “Who are the clueless idiots that always fight for pennies in combat sports?” Dana’s just getting his feet wet without having to pay big money.

You are correlating a foray into boxing with the downfall of the UFC?

Just seems like a stretch.

Why dana will be focusing on two things instead of one...spreading the company potentually to thin...

Also what the fuck are they gunna pay these boxers and then turn around and pay cowboy cerrone 60 k....

It will cause issues...fighter pay will be a big one

More money in the sport as its been around forever. Canelo is also massive in Mexico and one of the sports biggest draws.

Well his first entry into boxing being a women's fight (which is only slightly more respected in boxing than mma) doesn't sound great.

The issue he is going to have is basically what is described above. Boxing is established. Boxing makes money. Boxing is doing great right now.

I know Dana likes to pretend it's not in a good spot. But when he goes in and tries to bully and throw his weight around to get fighters signed to shitty contracts,

he will get laughed out of the room

Why dana will be focusing on two things instead of one...spreading the company potentually to thin...

Also what the fuck are they gunna pay these boxers and then turn around and pay cowboy cerrone 60 k....

It will cause issues...fighter pay will be a big one
I'm guessing that's why he's headlining his first fight card with female boxers that I'm sure are used to getting peanuts.

I get that most people don't like the guy, but to act like he isn't at least a shrewd business man is just kidding yourself.

Dana is making a bad move...

You dont drink your tea with your coffee and you shouldnt promote Boxing and MMA at once...

Heres my issues

1) Theres already like 15 belts and dozen more promotions why box for Zuffa or why would it matter...potential waste of money if it doesnt work

2) Fighter pay...How bad is the UFC gunna look when they play clarressa shields more the money then 10 ten male fighters inside the UFC across all divisions or pay boxers in general more money as there chasing guys like canelo whos gun a fight for like 40 mil...you dont think UFC guys are gunna be like bro WTF give me some of that money you clearly have to give to them .

3) spread the company too thin...how much time and effort and resources will be put towards this...which sport gets priority...

4) Mixed shows- As i said you dont drink tea with ur coffee...im not interested in watching a boxing fight inbetween mma fights...i would legit stop watching or not watch if they started doing this..its annoying and a time wasting platform ......also whats that PPV gunna cost $150 cuz its boxing and MMA stars

I just dont get it

If Zuffa starts paying big money to boxers then maybe it will finally spur on these MMA-ers to finally stand up and stand together united to demand what they deserve
I doubt it though, most likely they'll keep moaning to themselves and accepting peanuts

Back