Rumored Dana White - Zuffa Boxing - December 11th

Dana should only focus on MMA.

Bellator, One FC, ACA are growing in an exponential way. The UFC is no longer a must option, others organizations are getting more and more competitive.
Instead of cementing himself as the #1 for the next ten years, he is cutting his focus with boxing, a world that he doesn't not really understand.

I really doubt his success.

I know that. Does that mean boxing is more profitable to the promoters so that they can afford to pay more? Or do boxing promotions make a lot less money than MMA promotions, or at least the UFC?

Maybe not the right answer cuz I'm not really an expert, but for example more than 10 million watched Naoya Inoue in Japan (tape delay and this was just the average number).

I think with normal TV deals you can make good money in the states, Japan, Germany etc

Last edited:
I know that. Does that mean boxing is more profitable to the promoters so that they can afford to pay more? Or do boxing promotions make a lot less money than MMA promotions, or at least the UFC?
the promoters make way less than the UFC, the UFC has a virtual monopoly while boxing promoters are constantly competing for talent.

We both know they could fix that with ez.. But why should they do this? Boxing undercard fighters are (most of the time) not even in the top 200. You can't compare some 200 bum with a proven fighter, lol.

Wtf are u smokin

so it ok that a unknown boxers makes pennies but a lesser known mma fighter should be making conor money always. that how i see fans cry about fighter pay.

combat sports isnt cheap that why alot of fighters have normal jobs

Reminds me of when Vince McMahon promoted the Sugar Ray Leonard vs Donny Lalonde fight
He quickly learned that the world of boxing was way more cutthroat than anything he'd dealt with before and never came back for a second try

Danas used to being the big fish and negotiating from a position of power, some of his biggest misses(Fedor, Gina Carano) always happen when the fighter has other options which then leads to Dana saying "So and so didnt really wanna fight" after he fails to make a deal
Hes gonna be no ones first option in boxing and he'll learn that really quickly
Vince McMahon? What?

Where does that money come from? Are boxing PPV sales way, way higher than MMA PPV sales? Is boxing still super popular?
No, Canelo generally drew just over 1 million PPV buys, with his bout against Mayweather of course being an exception

Others guys who could draw 1 million are Pacquiao, De La Hoya and Mike Tyson with Brock Lesnar, Chuck Liddell, Nick Diaz on the MMA side

DAZN invested heavy in Canelo, but they gave up too much and haven't really profited

so it ok that a unknown boxers makes pennies but a lesser known mma fighter should be making conor money always. that how i see fans cry about fighter pay.

combat sports isnt cheap that why alot of fighters have normal jobs

You are comparing top 200-300 guys to the premium league.. But I get your point. And I know many combatants have a part time or even full time job.

Honestly, I think most guys would go to wwe if they didn't need charisma etc lol

How u figure....when zuffa starts oaying boxers 40 mill and UFC champions still making 2 lmfao...

U dont think ufc guys are gunna ask for more money or dip?

PFL is backed by high end celebrities and are handing out 1 mil a tourney and there just starting imagine in a few years with biggger signings...they just inked rory mcdonald...

Bellator has open sponsorship money that alone could sway people
Yup.. incoming shit storm. Canelo makes 20 mil for a Ppv that sells 600,000. Jon Jones gets 8 mil for one that sells 1 million.

You are comparing top 200-300 guys to the premium league.. But I get your point. And I know many combatants have a part time or even full time job.

Honestly, I think most guys would go to wwe if they didn't need charisma etc lol

to be fair the nobody wrestler dont make huge bank either.

in combat sports could the ufc, bellator and boxing do more for fighters sure but nobody put guns to there head to fight in the sport they pick.

i think people get caught up in what conor or floyd makes an think everyone should make that as well.

Canelo needs a better marketing team, he could be a star

He's pretty much the only non english guy who sells 600.000 to 1 million in the states alone and ten millions of guys in Mexico alone watch Canelo fights... I think he doesn't want to become bigger but that's just my opinion lol.

i don't see that going too far.

And booking shields? honestly, that's the easiest way to lose money unless that fight in on the undercard behind a solid main event.

People hate but Dana is a good promoter and boxing is shit nowadays so this might be good.

Back