• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Dana White: Your body, your choice, no one has to get vaccine

Should all UFC fighters get vaccinated?

• Total voters
And I counter by pointing out that MMA, and subsequently Sherdog, pander specifically to young, mostly conservative, mostly men.

MMA demographics make me question myself as a person. Sherdog takes that question and makes it a reality. Sucks loving a sport that panders to the lowest common denominator.
The demo you just mentioned are the victims of today's society, and we can thank rocjerfeller for funding feminism , he is trying to lower a man's perceived value in society. Good job falling for their bs

I am not surprised to see Dana White be an uneducated pompous ass. Nor Joe Rogan for that matter.

But considering how many actual scientists Rogan has interviewed over the years and how much he claims to read, I find it stupefying that he is incapable of understanding basic scientific and medical practice.

Ivermectin can work and has worked in combating symptoms. Does that mean that one should prescribe its general use? Or that by not approving it immediately the FDA is concocting a global conspiracy to keep people disinformed and afraid?

No, because any medical procedure that becomes approved has to first establish clinical trials to collect data about what are possible side effects, long term effects, etc. Only when this data is rigorously processed can we safely determine who the prescription might work for, under which conditions it works and doesn't, what are the risks, how to mitigate them, etc. Skipping this process or ignoring it so would be irresponsible to the highest of levels. And to bluntly recommend a non-approved drug to others just because you decided to do it before the trials and studies were complete and it worked for you is insanely stupid and irresponsible. Many people have reported severe symptoms and required hospitalization for taking it. Clinical trials are still under way.

You can wax conspiratorial and skeptic about the FDA, but skipping the scientific and legal process of establishing sound medical practice is just being a lazy and irresponsible piece of shit. And that's what Rogan is, a lazy and irresponsible moron who thinks the mark of an 'independent thinker' is to extrapolate from individual experience a general rule. He is only different from Bravo by degree, not kind.
Serious question...what are the potential side effects and/or long term effects etc. of the vaccines?

Are there market and political ideological forces tilting the narrative and potentially affecting the course of the research? There is, and there always have been.

There are financial and political interests everywhere. That does not discredit the procedure of scientific practice in general, nor the work of the doctors and scientists doing the medical trial testing. Far less does it justify extrapolating its use before the completion of trials and research.

You are oversimplifying the safety profile of the drug. Invermectin has been used in controlled contexts for onchocerciasis and lymphatic filariasis, and Muñoz's (2021) study was over a sample of 54 healthy adults who showed no significant symptoms.

That is not the same as proving that the drug is safe for patients who might not be healthy adults, or who have pre-existing conditions of some sort. Clinical trials have to be carried relative to the candidate patient pool, in consideration of collateral conditions. The obvious ones are pregnancy, or pre-existing medical risk factors like diabetes or obesity which make it extremely important to do test controls.

In the case of COVID and invermectin, there have been several studies that suggest safety factors are high but with mixed results in treatment: Krolewiecki (2021) shows a correlation between mean plasma levels and viral load concentrations;

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(21)00239-X/fulltext

Bounfate and Chesini (2021) show no significant risk for high-dosage but also no significant reduction in viral loads.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3918289

Vallejos (2021) indicates that results do not mitigate the risk of hospitalization:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34215210/

FDA studies and many independent organizations have shown serious medical complications with patients with pre.existing conditions with hospitalizations. There seems to be a correlation with the use of blood thinners and adverse effects, which would be critical to map since many older people take medicines for heart disease, etc.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2114907

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/...ectin&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=&Search=Search

Heidary (2020) already established the necessity for extensive clinical trials.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41429-020-0336-z

The result of rigorous studies will be a much clearer sense of just when, how, and who the drug might help and be prescribed to safely.

I'm not saying there weren't and aren't political and market distortions. I'm saying Joe Rogan is an irresponsible sack of shit extrapolating from individual experience and partial information. You can't do that.

Many of these specific population safety concerns were skipped with the EUA products due to the state of emergency.

But anyway I don't really disagree with you other than noting that the propaganda campaign against ivermectin was blatant.

Also fluvoxamine is another dirt cheap, generic, repurposed drug for covid mitigation. It has now had two successful RCTs, and yet you barely hear a peep about it outside of a few hospitals incorporating it into their protocol. It's further proof of the forces that you already acknowledge.

Many of these specific population safety concerns were skipped with the EUA products due to the state of emergency.

But anyway I don't really disagree with you other than noting that the propaganda campaign against ivermectin was blatant.

Also fluvoxamine is another dirt cheap, generic, repurposed drug for covid mitigation. It has now had two successful RCTs, and yet you barely hear a peep about it outside of a few hospitals incorporating it into their protocol. It's further proof of the forces that you already acknowledge.

Don't fall prey to what you yourself point out: conflating.

Were there ideological distortions in the debate about Invermectin, yes. Was there also a sound and widely disseminated call from the scientific and medical community to carry out clinical trials and studies before approving it, yes.

The former does not disqualify the latter. Rogan's imbecility is to precisely think it does, and to use anecdotal evidence as proof. Same with Dana. The ideological distortions with regard to this drug comes from both end of the political spectrum, as well as from financial institutions: conspiracy idiots are also guilty of throwing the baby with the bathwater.

This thread on its way to The War Room like...

seinfeld-gas.gif

J_Cv3I.gif

History will not look back kindly on how the world lost its collective mind and descended into mass hysterics over this virus. It demonstrates how ours is a society spoiled and grown soft by unprecedented peace and prosperity. Humans evolved in an environment where survival was a daily struggle. We don't feel normal in the absence of that struggle, so we invent crises for ourselves. We weren't made for a utopian existence. To quote The Matrix's Agent Smith:

"But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from."
Pandemics are literally an existencial risk. "Daily struggles" do not spread exponentially. Overreacting to an existencial threat is actually the rational to do

One thing that continues to entertain me, is that you guys think America is the only country in the world. But EVERYWHERE, even in the most facist right wing countries in the world, even in hardcore muslim countries, EVERYWHERE in the world - people are fighting against Covid. The data is in - Corona exists, it can kill people, and the vaccine works, and in the game of numbers, it is much safer to take it, then to risk getting corona.

This is the metal box many people in china who have tested positive has to spend 20 days in -

But nooo, it is all about the liberals and America, right?

I have many american friends(I am from Denmark), and you guys on the right have no idea how far you have slipped down the slope of mass delusion and almost into insanity. It is sad to watch.

Ask yourself this - What evidence would chance your mind? If the answer is that no evidence can change your mind, you have been brainwashed to such a degree, that reality no longer matters, only your feelings and beliefs.

Brother people actually died for the lies of the orange clown a conman while he is living large. Americans r very gullible and delusional and everything is a conspiracy theory. I got the delta and mild symptoms only and it sucked for weeks. People were dying from Covid and saying it’s a hoax f retards

was that Kevin Iole? It sounded like him.

If so.......
200.gif
Is that the old dude? If so, I do t think it was him. I watched the entire presser today at the gym. I think the old dude was sitting to the opposite side of the room.

I am not surprised to see Dana White be an uneducated pompous ass. Nor Joe Rogan for that matter.

But considering how many actual scientists Rogan has interviewed over the years and how much he claims to read, I find it stupefying that he is incapable of understanding basic scientific and medical practice.

Ivermectin can work and has worked in combating symptoms. Does that mean that one should prescribe its general use? Or that by not approving it immediately the FDA is concocting a global conspiracy to keep people disinformed and afraid?

No, because any medical procedure that becomes approved has to first establish clinical trials to collect data about what are possible side effects, long term effects, etc. Only when this data is rigorously processed can we safely determine who the prescription might work for, under which conditions it works and doesn't, what are the risks, how to mitigate them, etc. Skipping this process or ignoring it so would be irresponsible to the highest of levels. And to bluntly recommend a non-approved drug to others just because you decided to do it before the trials and studies were complete and it worked for you is insanely stupid and irresponsible. Many people have reported severe symptoms and required hospitalization for taking it. Clinical trials are still under way.

You can wax conspiratorial and skeptic about the FDA, but skipping the scientific and legal process of establishing sound medical practice is just being a lazy and irresponsible piece of shit. And that's what Rogan is, a lazy and irresponsible moron who thinks the mark of an 'independent thinker' is to extrapolate from individual experience a general rule. He is only different from Bravo by degree, not kind.

So where does that put the drug makers and advocaters of the vaccine for Covid 19? Clearly lazy and irresponsible pieces of shit as you said. They skipped parts of the safety regs you're passionate about and because of that, have had to change their tune from the vaccine stops the virus dead to now that it doesnt do anything like what they originally said. The same thing you're upset at Rogan and others for is exactly what everyone else is doing.

MODs please move this shitshow to the Room o’ War

No, because any medical procedure that becomes approved has to first establish clinical trials to collect data about what are possible side effects, long term effects, etc. Only when this data is rigorously processed can we safely determine who the prescription might work for, under which conditions it works and doesn't, what are the risks, how to mitigate them, etc. Skipping this process or ignoring it so would be irresponsible to the highest of levels.

Except mRNA vaccines right? Those are just self-evidently flawess enough in that they won't have long term side-effect that you can just go ahead and force every citizen on the planet to take it

It's clobbering time in this thread.

If you've been told to keep this anti-vaxx or pro-vaxx shit in the war room and you keep doing this shit in these threads, I got you fam.

Back