• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Dana White: "We're working it out" regarding Wonderboy pay issue

Do you think Wonderboy will get paid?

• Total voters
Dana is a greedy, corrupt, selfish, manipulative, remorseless, woman-abusing, womanizing, terrifying, backstabbing, spineless, boastful, cowardly, lying, cruel, grumpy, untrustworthy, unforgiving psychopathic, thieving, hatred-spewing, self-centered, disorganized, apprehensive, condescending, narrow-minded, dishonorable, feeble-minded, incomprehensible, potato munching, morally bankrupt, unfriendly, bitter, careless, vindictive, sociopathic douchebag
You’ve got too much time on your hands, my friend. Lol

Dana is a greedy, corrupt, selfish, manipulative, remorseless, woman-abusing, womanizing, terrifying, backstabbing, spineless, boastful, cowardly, lying, cruel, grumpy, untrustworthy, unforgiving psychopathic, thieving, hatred-spewing, self-centered, disorganized, apprehensive, condescending, narrow-minded, dishonorable, feeble-minded, incomprehensible, potato munching, morally bankrupt, unfriendly, bitter, careless, vindictive, sociopathic douchebag
Dana White was never your friend.

He did everything outlined in his contract, it is not his fault the UFC had nobody for him to fight. They told him they would.

He declined to fight any grapplers

He declined to fight the handpicked guy he chose

He declined to fight a replacement at the event

He declined to fight a replacement two weeks later.

Wonderboy doesn’t want to fight, he just wants to do his boring underachieving song and dance routine against one dimensional strikers. He’s a dude who never won the belt for a reason, but wants to be treated like a multi weight champ lol.

If this was someone like Izzy or Jones doing this (who are far more accomplished fighters) the forum would be attacking them left and right. There’s obviously double standards in this forum.

"We're working it out" aka I'm going to chew that son of a bitch out for complaining about it to the media.

All jokes aside I kind of agree with Dana White in some way. If the UFC offers you another fight and you refuse to take it, you shouldn't receive your full show pay. However If they don't have a replacement opponent for you, you should get your full show money as the UFC failed on their part.

Imo the UFC should burden the cost to an extent in this situation . I'm not sure how legal this is but maybe the UFC can put a stipulation in contracts to garnish future wages from opponents
He showed why wouldn’t he get his show pay? He made weight and trained for a specific opponent why the fuck would he risk fighting someone different and potentially lose…. Get hurt… go through recovery and not get his win bonus?

you are a muppet.

You DON'T see a problem with guaranteeing purses for simply making weight? Man, it's tough to identify one.

haha I'm not beyond thinking the UFC paying WB something is a good idea, but people throwing around things like "he SHOWED up and made weight so he should get SHOW money!"

like...doesn't the whole process of a FIGHT have something to do with your pay? lol

haha I'm not beyond thinking the UFC paying WB something is a good idea, but people throwing around things like "he SHOWED up and made weight so he should get SHOW money!"

like...doesn't the whole process of a FIGHT have something to do with your pay? lol

Right, but he's already forfeiting money he could have earned by fighting by losing his win money + bonuses, no?

So he's already only getting something when he gets show money, which feels like the purpose of it on it's face lol.

MMA press today: Dana says the fighters contracts say the fighters don't get paid if they don't fight.

Let me get my copy of Thompson's contract and see what it says.

Oh heck, I can't find it.

You get you copy of Thompson's contract and read it us.

Then we can discuss whether Thompson is getting screwed.

I guess: if a promotion has a policy where it doesn't pay fighters a fight purse if they don't fight, that might be a good policy.

If your promotion has a different policy, then maybe your promotion would pay Wonderboy his contracted fight purse in this instance. Then all your other fighters whose opponents missed weight would take the Thompson route: refuse to fight 3lb heavy guy, refuse to fight last-minute replacement opponent, and refuse offer to fight a different opponent 2 weeks later.
You'd go broke pretty quick. Your cards would often lose fights a day before the fight, you'd have to pay purses to fighters who don't fight, and people would stop buying your product because you lose so many fights at the last minute.

On the bright side, Dana said they make every attempt to get a guy like Thompson back to break even.

This whole thing sounds like smart business practice to me.

Show money. He showed up ready and deserves it.

It’s not his fault his unprofessional opponent didn’t honour his half of the contract and if we allow this to happen, it’s a slippery slope for sure, basically taking away fighters’ ability to say no.

.. and if you’re fighting a guy that needs money, why even bother cutting weight? If he can’t turn the fight down, you can come in way larger and beat up a smaller man for a small purse penalty.

The UFC makes a fortune off the backs of fighters they treat like garbage, disrespect and screw every chance they get. No other professional sports league even comes close to pulling the type of shit they do. Dana bootlickers are so bizarre.
Regardless of our opinions he's not getting paid

There is 0% chance the UFC gives fighters contracts where show is defined as show up and make weight. Come on man lol
There’s a high percentage chance that the terms aren’t clearly defined and up for interpretation

wmzywR.gif

how many times is he going to say "he doesnt want to fight"

why dont dana, pay the fucken guy, then reneg a fight for the next week. Even if it's not the full amount, there should be a contract stipulation in their already because this is number one bullshit.

He declined to fight any grapplers

He declined to fight the handpicked guy he chose

He declined to fight a replacement at the event

He declined to fight a replacement two weeks later.

Wonderboy doesn’t want to fight, he just wants to do his boring underachieving song and dance routine against one dimensional strikers. He’s a dude who never won the belt for a reason, but wants to be treated like a multi weight champ lol.

If this was someone like Izzy or Jones doing this (who are far more accomplished fighters) the forum would be attacking them left and right. There’s obviously double standards in this forum.
I'm not even a wonderboy fan but why tf do you even watch the sport if you have this much disdain for the fighters?

"He should have done two weight cuts in two weeks if he wants to get paid!" - cheeto fingered couch dweller that can't even get his diabetes under control let alone cut weight for a fight

There’s a high percentage chance that the terms aren’t clearly defined and up for interpretation
if feels like they leave that door open on purpose, to force them into a situation they dont like.

it should be cut and dry, he made weight, he didnt fight, he's owned at least camp fees, and say half show money and booking within a month. The effort it takes to train and make weight has to count for something, regardless of the fight.

Reactions: Yep
if feels like they leave that door open on purpose, to force them into a situation they dont like.

it should be cut and dry, he made weight, he didnt fight, he's owned at least camp fees, and say half show money and booking within a month. The effort it takes to train and make weight has to count for something, regardless of the fight.
I hear you. If it was like that we wouldn’t need as many lawyers in this country.

I'm not even a wonderboy fan but why tf do you even watch the sport if you have this much disdain for the fighters?

"He should have done two weight cuts in two weeks if he wants to get paid!" - cheeto fingered couch dweller that can't even get his diabetes under control let alone cut weight for a fight

LOL now we’re supporting blatant ducking. Imagine a guy not wanting to fight grapplers in the premier MMA org…

Lol okay Karen, imagine the fight business not being about fights. Get your low T levels in order before throwing tantrums online.

Dana makes it pretty clear he's not getting paid. If he licks enough boot and shuts up he might get his camp expenses back.
The UFC will never guarantee money because they want this negative to be force catchweight fights forward. Taking 20% of a fighters purse is only an incentive if they're paying the overweight guy well.

Back