Dana White: "We should just get rid of judges and flip a coin to see who won!!!"

My vote is for a modified Magic 8 ball.

there had to be some sort of scam here because it was a clear blowout, does anyone actually question or review this shit after something bad like this happens? Time for Ex-fighters to only judge.

It was absolutely a close fight.
But a close fight doesn't mean there still wasn't a fairly clear winner. Online polls had it at like almost 90%.

I have to credit Joe Rogan for a big chunk of that. He went apeshit every time it looked like Shogun was even thinking about a kick but he remained completely silent for just about all of Machida's successful offense.

Add to that the fact that Machida was considered unbeatable prior to that fight and Shogun did very well against him and you have the reason why I feel the outcry following that fight was incredibly skewed and unfair.

It's been a while since I've seen it but I remember 3 of those rounds being very ambigious, with Shogun having a decisive round and Machida having another. I realize the way the judging system is set up (there were no 10-8s) would have made it impossible but that fight might as well have been a draw, as close as it was.

Good God what kind of retard would bet 550 bucks on an MMA fight? One of the things that makes this sport so great is the sheer unpredictability of it. Zero sympathy.

I doubt he actually bet $550, probably a multi-fight parley that could have returned him $550 on the $20 or whatever he bet.

They need to keep track of fighter wins separately. Actual and gamblers. Those refs are straight up corrupt. :icon_lol: There should be a UFC/ Strikeforce official and separate ref judgement.

No, they're not man. MMA hasn't grown big enough yet for that kind of corruption to come into play. The focus for that type of garbage is primarily on the boxing industry. Sadly, it probably will at one point, though.

I doubt he actually bet $550, probably a multi-fight parley that could have returned him $550 on the $20 or whatever he bet.

Ahh, that makes much more sense. Sorry brother.

I agree. That was bullshit.

Even fans usually know there shit better than judges (with the exception of Diaz fans)

Good God what kind of retard would bet 550 bucks on an MMA fight? One of the things that makes this sport so great is the sheer unpredictability of it. Zero sympathy.

lol stfu dude, his $550 might be your $50

Dana just might have a rematch between the two on a UFC card. You heard it here first.

Couture winning got me like 5k, so I don't mind these judges tonight. Also up 30k last ufc event and tonight's strikeforce. I run good.

Couture winning got me like 5k, so I don't mind these judges tonight. Also up 30k last ufc event and tonight's strikeforce. I run good.

Pfft, shut up, small timer. I dropped 37.5k on that BS decision, and barely got saved by a crazy parlay, so ended up being up over 200k for this event.

randy savage?
Hell yeah Macho Man would have squashed all this shitty judging like a rat
2kt2c1.gif

Pfft, shut up, small timer. I dropped 37.5k on that BS decision, and barely got saved by a crazy parlay, so ended up being up over 200k for this event.

Yeah, I'm sure. You live in the u.s. and have offshore beards hitting the lines for you.

Check post history if you don't believe for past bets I made. (Have a thread where I put 15k or so on Cormier vs Barnett, and more pics along past posts).

It's too much work to post all bet history cause it's many sites and 2 events, but if 2-3 more ppl think I'm bsing, and willing to change their sig to my liking (since sig betting is hot around here right?) I'll post proof. If I fail to do so I can be banned or whatnot.

Any takers?

Posted this in the other thread, about betses, calling on it. You in?

what is crazy is mmajunkie scored it 29-28 Couture

I am also in the 30-27 KJ camp and thought it was a terrible decision but if mmajunkie saw it that way, maybe I need to give it a re-watch

No, they're not man. MMA hasn't grown big enough yet for that kind of corruption to come into play. The focus for that type of garbage is primarily on the boxing industry. Sadly, it probably will at one point, though.

It doesn't matter how ''big'' MMA is, people bet ''big'' money on the fights. If you don't think there is enough of a motive to fix an MMA fight you're a bit naive in my opinion.

Back