Dana White Warns Future Fighters Who Decide Not to Do Press Conferences Will Be Pulled from the Card

19375867.jpg

Note to Sherdog: Doing a good job for your company means you will be treated better. Remember that when you're passed over for promotion.

. I find this disrespectful to Nunes, expecially since she's the champion.

I agree. That 207 promo they did was hella disrespectful . They may have changed it now though after Rogan went public with his opinions on the matter

Quite sad that Dana has been put in a position where he looks hypocritical no matter what he says, claims they gave Rousey a break of media because of how much she has done, but it's a crime for McGregor to ask to miss ONE conference.
Don't make this difficult. Conor agreed to the press conferences and then tried to back out at the last minute. Ronda asked for it as part of her agreement for this fight.

I understand cutting out some of the media in order train, but at least do the presser. It's one afternoon.

Doesn't she think her fans deserve that ?
It's the fans who lose out here. It's not like it takes too much time.
She just doesn't want to do it.
Big F U to her fans if you ask me.

Selfish as hell imo. I'm someone who is slow to come around to WMMA and a presser would help get me more interested.

I am absolutely not paying for this card and I never do that. I'm hoping others feel the same and sales are lower than expected.

Ronda asked for a no media clause in her contract and got it. She didn't have to come back and give everyone another pay day. Ronda has done more promoting for the UFC than any other fighter. She was even sent to New York to campaign for the UFC getting sanctioned fights in that state. She took the Holly fight on short notice as a replacement for the Lawler/Condit fight when Lawler had to pull out due to injury. She didn't have to do that. She did all the promoting for that fight while Holly sat back and perfected her judo throw defense. Nah, fuck all the crybaby haters, Ronda earned the right to demand this fight on her terms. She's changed bum lives around the world.

Holy shit Ronda fans are by far the worst fanbase of any fighter ever. "She did all the promoting for that fight while Holly sat back and perfected her judo throw defense" hahaha

So you're essentially blaming her loss on having to do media and admitting that she's a one trick pony where all you have to do is perfect TDD to beat her

Too bad that excuse doesn't explain how she was getting tuned up the entire fight.

Because of Ronda Nunes is going to get her biggest payday ever. Sure the card might suffer (we don't really know) but either way it will still do bigger than any other opponent Nunes has faced. Personally all the attention Ronda has brought to that division Nunes doesn't need to do shit but thank her. The only reason Nunes is in the UFC is because of Ronda. If she wants to do less press or no press as far as I'm concerned she's earned it. From what I hear Ronda also doesn't get paid nearly as much as she could have (something a lot of managers were mad at her about cause she didn't push the UFC like Connor) so let her get this.

I honestly think these fighters have wait to much shit on their plate already. Have no idea why you guys are ok with the UFC nonstop pushing them to do more. Sure it might just be Ronda who gets the privilege right now but as we've seen from the Connor effect this can start to bleed into other fighters making similar deals.

Are you for real?

She's been doing her own Hollywood press for months now. She's a fucking liability. Selfish and spoilt. Doesn't give a fuck about her fans. Very disrespectful to Nunes. Please let Nunes finish her in style. I can assure you there won't be a press conference for a long time if that happens.....

I kinda have a conspiracy theory about Ronda:

I think with all this push back from fighters wanting more money, talking of unions, prominent fighters like GSP and Conor publicly beefing with UFC that they are using her as a pawn to drive down all fighter's prices; hold her up as a role model for how the UFC wants you to act.

To give you an example, Ronda got merely 100K to show at UFC 193, tho the card got 1.1 million PPV's. I'm sure they greased her palm under the table, but to be that caliber of a star and get that reported payout is beyond pathetic as pathetic can be. If they can appear to be publicly paying Ronda peanuts, while she appears to be completely contented, then they can use her "Yes man" attitude as bargaining power, to drive down and scare other fighters that are looking to receive their fair share.

Additionally, Ronda was one of the first fighters to sign with WME and she is connected to them on both ends (managed by and employed by). WME knew they had a diamond in the rough with UFC: it is the fastest growing sport in the world and UFC paid less, per percentage, than any other sport in the world at 15% to athletes & 85% to owners (w/ other sports averaging 50%-50%). In order to keep making those 100 million 'rent payments', WME had to have believed that they could still keep getting away with paying fighters shit. The UFC reportedly profited 157 million in 2015 (it's best year ever), but if they have to start paying 50%-50%, then there is no way they can keep up with the 'rent payments'.

I say Ronda is just a pawn in a much larger game that is playing out. With two of the biggest stars beefing with the UFC, they need Ronda to be quiet/happy/willing to accept peanuts to keep the gravy train going. And what's more, I think the WME/UFC is going to try and 'home grow' stars like Ronda, attempt to find them work in movies/commercials so they can become 'cross-over stars' (like Paige/Ronda), but most importantly be able to pay them peanuts in the cage so they can still meet those 'rent payments'. It will be a stark contrast from the Fertitta days of 'where best fight the best' and will surely result in less and less super fights (i.e. Conor vs GSP) and more and more 'super good looking fighters fighting' (i.e. Mickey Gall vs Sage and PVZ vs Waterson)....and if you don't like it? "Tough. Have fun in Bellator".

If that's so then why rhonda is not doing ANY MEDIA??? Maybe it's because WME-IMG is her manager???

PLEASE UNCLE DANA.

CKiRvVeUcAEjTdI.jpg

I kinda have a conspiracy theory about Ronda:

I think with all this push back from fighters wanting more money, talking of unions, prominent fighters like GSP and Conor publicly beefing with UFC that they are using her as a pawn to drive down all fighter's prices; hold her up as a role model for how the UFC wants you to act.

To give you an example, Ronda got merely 100K to show at UFC 193, tho the card got 1.1 million PPV's. I'm sure they greased her palm under the table, but to be that caliber of a star and get that reported payout is beyond pathetic as pathetic can be. If they can appear to be publicly paying Ronda peanuts, while she appears to be completely contented, then they can use her "Yes man" attitude as bargaining power, to drive down and scare other fighters that are looking to receive their fair share.

Additionally, Ronda was one of the first fighters to sign with WME and she is connected to them on both ends (managed by and employed by). WME knew they had a diamond in the rough with UFC: it is the fastest growing sport in the world and UFC paid less, per percentage, than any other sport in the world at 15% to athletes & 85% to owners (w/ other sports averaging 50%-50%). In order to keep making those 100 million 'rent payments', WME had to have believed that they could still keep getting away with paying fighters shit. The UFC reportedly profited 157 million in 2015 (it's best year ever), but if they have to start paying 50%-50%, then there is no way they can keep up with the 'rent payments'.

I say Ronda is just a pawn in a much larger game that is playing out. With two of the biggest stars beefing with the UFC, they need Ronda to be quiet/happy/willing to accept peanuts to keep the gravy train going. And what's more, I think the WME/UFC is going to try and 'home grow' stars like Ronda, attempt to find them work in movies/commercials so they can become 'cross-over stars' (like Paige/Ronda), but most importantly be able to pay them peanuts in the cage so they can still meet those 'rent payments'. It will be a stark contrast from the Fertitta days of 'where best fight the best' and will surely result in less and less super fights (i.e. Conor vs GSP) and more and more 'super good looking fighters fighting' (i.e. Mickey Gall vs Sage and PVZ vs Waterson)....and if you don't like it? "Tough. Have fun in Bellator".

Sir , i've read your long post and you are absolutely right. And im feeling we have to go to Bellator since the UFC is booking good looking, shit talking or cross mediatic fighters like rhonda.

Are you for real?

She's been doing her own Hollywood press for months now. She's a fucking liability. Selfish and spoilt. Doesn't give a fuck about her fans. Very disrespectful to Nunes. Please let Nunes finish her in style. I can assure you there won't be a press conference for a long time if that happens.....
The sad thing is, everyone knows this fight is happening because UFC/WME want their little pet to win and keep the gravy train going. They are looking to give Ronda every advantage possible here so that she may pull out the win. And if Nunes win, nothing really good will come to her as she is unmarketable to them: a boyish looking lesbian that no one would fap to. WME has an additional conflict of interest, as not only does Ronda work for them and make them money by fighting, but she also makes them money as they are her management.

This is the same exact ugliness that enveloped the whole Cyborg situation: Cyborg was the best fighter but was not pretty enough to put in movies and/or sell magazines. WME, being an acting agency first and foremost, is looking to create cross over stars and will not only look to sign/manage 'marketable fighters', but they will also look to give their managed stable of fighters breaks, whether it be in the way of preferential treatment outside or inside the cage. Also look for CAA fighters (WME's rival managing company), like Dillashaw, Cain, GSP and Cerrone to get the shaft in the future, get shitty match ups, not have their contracts renewed and pressure them to switch management companies. This will then force all future fighters to want to sign with WME, a step towards complete monopolization.

WME will not only be the pimp that the controls the prices of the hooker but the client that buys the whore from the pimp. It has DISASTER written all over it and the potential to make all of the UFC's earlier offenses, like Reebok deal and fighter pay, completely pale in comparison.

At first I was ambivalent about Rousey not doing any media. I very rarely watch anything other than the weighins anyway. Then I heard Luke Thomas whining about it on his show and now I'm fully in favor of her not doing any media this week because that guy annoys the hell out of me and I'm a fairly lousy person.

Sir , I've read your long post and you are absolutely right. And im feeling we have to go to Bellator since the UFC is booking good looking, shit talking or cross mediatic fighters like rhonda.
Yeah it's not good at all. The real shame is I dont know if the golden age, when UFC had all the best fighters, will ever return.....we will never really know who is the best because the good fighters will be all split up in different organizations.

Can you imagine PVZ (7-1) vs Waterson (12-4) maining and Sage (8-1) vs Gall (3-0) co-maining a FOX card even last year? FOX cards were previously reserved for title contenders and elite fighters. PVZ x Waterson and Sage vs Gall would be the type of fight one would see on the under card a Strikeforce Challengers card.

The reason I think this will blow up in WME's face is because this is real live fighting, not acting. If Jean Claude Damm got his ass kicked in real life, he would have lost his super hero appeal. You can artificially engineer all the 'once ever' fighters you want but when you lose, that aura is gone and you are damaged goods. As Conor say's "skills pay the bills'' and I really, really think WME is missing that point owing to the line of work that they are accustomed to: representing actors and models. Fans aren't going to pay $60 a pay per view to see two rookies fight that look like models, fans pay that kind of money to find out who is the best fighter and you can really only fool people a couple of times before they figure out what you are doing.

I really hope this backfires on him in the near future. It set a precedent for other fighters and now he's trying to avoid it at all costs.

I'm aware it won't be as easy as some are thinking, but here's hoping Nunes put the final nail in the coffin this friday.

I understand cutting out some of the media in order train, but at least do the presser. It's one afternoon.

Doesn't she think her fans deserve that ?
It's the fans who lose out here. It's not like it takes too much time.
She just doesn't want to do it.
Big F U to her fans if you ask me.

Selfish as hell imo. I'm someone who is slow to come around to WMMA and a presser would help get me more interested.

I am absolutely not paying for this card and I never do that. I'm hoping others feel the same and sales are lower than expected.
You're taking this a bit personal, no?

Press obligations have to be the worst part of being a pro athlete

You're taking this a bit personal, no?

Obviously not just me. Fans and potential fans in general would really like to see a press conference.
It's always exciting for people to get to see the interaction and enjoy the show with some face offs at the end.
Everyone always enjoys debating who looked strong who looked "shook" and all that.

Ronda is taking that away from the fans because she can't handle the pressure and embarrassment.

It is one half day. It wouldn't effect her training. All the other crap no one cares about
All the stupid commercials took more time away than the presser would have.

Just saying fighters owe the fans a certain amount of exposure.
They shouldn't have to give up important training time, but the press conference is a minimim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back