Dana White: Vitor Belfort is in a "weird situation" of his own creation

Vitor would kill the MW champ 10/10 times

lol for once I agree with Dana and I say that as a pretty big Victor Bedford fan

Vitor is hawt, Dana mad cause he's not.

Dana is right....Vitor is all over the place sometime. He called out Jones after beating Bisping. Makes no sense to me.

Yeah that was odd because it was the perfect time to call out Anderson and he might have been able to leapfrog Weidman with the momentum after beating Rockhold. Glad that wasn't the case, but it could have been possible especially with the current state of the UFC.

"Whatever his reasoning was"......

Maybe because Tim didn't deserve that fight at all? Why won't Dana admit Vitor is the #1 contender, Vitor isn't in a "weird" spot, he is in the #3 Ranked mw spot behind Weidman and Silva IMO.

Vitor has already received TWO title shots in the UFC this time around, and he didn't deserve EITHER of those shots...

And no, beating Terry Martin, Matt Lindland and then Rich Franklin at catchweight doesn't vault you to the number one contender at MW. And we ALL know that Vitor wasn't deserving of his shot against Jones.

Why can't Vitor apologists just admit this? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Vitor is hawt, Dana mad cause he's not.

chuck-liddell-pride1.JPG

Good point.

I still dont know why he would fight Hendo at 205, does nothing for him at 185. He should have fought machida for number 1 contender status.

Vitors a cheater. Nice to see him on the backburner

Vitor should have accepted to fight Kennedy, easy payday imo, and way less tricky fight than Hendo.

If he loses to Hendo at LHW where does that leaves him at MW ?

I still dont know why he would fight Hendo at 205, does nothing for him at 185. He should have fought machida for number 1 contender status.

He feels he's already the #1 contender at MW and wouldn't take any non-title fight inside that division. However, he had no problem taking a fight at any other weight, since he believed if he lost outside of 185 it wouldn't hurt his contendership.

Personally, while I agree that he's the #3 guy behind Silva and Weidman, he wasn't going to get a shot as long as Silva had the belt and obviously there was nobody more deserving of an immediate rematch than Silva. So it's not really a matter of Dana fucking with him, it's just the circumstances of the situation don't particularly favour Vitor at this point. I doubt there would be any issue booking Vitor v Weidman should he beat Hendo and Weidman retain, which is very possible.

All the same, I hate the arrogance he displays in declaring other potential opponents unworthy (esp Mousasi) since while I think Vitor can beat anybody, he can also be beaten on any given day by a good number of top guys. And I think there's a good chance he could drop an ugly decision to Hendo and he'll be wishing he'd said yes to Kennedy.

It wasn't just Tim. He turned down fights with Machida and Mousasi too.

He never turned down a fight with Machida (as far as I'm aware of) the fight was just being discussed.. They had many options for Machida and Vitor was one of them...

Mousasi was injured when he was calling out Vitor..... Hard to turn down a fight that can't happen..

Vitor has already received TWO title shots in the UFC this time around, and he didn't deserve EITHER of those shots...

And no, beating Terry Martin, Matt Lindland and then Rich Franklin at catchweight doesn't vault you to the number one contender at MW. And we ALL know that Vitor wasn't deserving of his shot against Jones.

Why can't Vitor apologists just admit this? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Nothing you said is relevant to Vitor deserving a shot right now in 2013. He 100% starched top 5 Bisping, and top 10 Rockhold back to back.

Vitor should have accepted to fight Kennedy, easy payday imo, and way less tricky fight than Hendo.

If he loses to Hendo at LHW where does that leaves him at MW ?

That's one of the reason I love Vitor. People talk shit about him "picking fights" but the guy turns down a guaranteed paycheck and another W on his record to fight Hendo.
A guy he already lost to and is extremely dangerous.

IMO hes taking a "fun" fight with Hendo to stay active, I know it will hurt his title shot claims if he losses but it shouldn't...

Back