Dana White: Vitor Belfort is in a "weird situation" of his own creation

He's taken a fight against Hendo, seems ok to me. If he was focused on the MW belt he would have just taken the Kennedy fight.

No shit he doesn't want to fight Kennedy. He wants his TS, which he deserves after spectacular KOs against high-ranked Bisping and Rockhold. He could be safely waiting for Silva/Weidman to play out but instead he's taking a risky fight against Hendo (and a bigger pay-day than Kennedy would be probably).

Whatever craziness Belfort spews, he's earned the right to do so. He fought in UFC12 ffs.

DW is talking shit because Belfort is one of the few fighters who doesn't have to do everything the UFC says and he's setting a bad example for the other penguins.

"Whatever his reasoning was"......

Maybe because Tim didn't deserve that fight at all? Why won't Dana admit Vitor is the #1 contender, Vitor isn't in a "weird" spot, he is in the #3 Ranked mw spot behind Weidman and Silva IMO.

It wasn't just Tim. He turned down fights with Machida and Mousasi too.

Tim Kennedy didn't deserve a fight with Vitor.

And the shit after Silva vs Weidman, you cant blame Vitor when Anderson is saying "no, Weidman champion, blah blah blah, I don't want rematch"

so of course Vitor is going to ask for the title shot then

hell yeah i'm down for vitor vs cain

What exactly is Vitor right about? He went on a rant about how Jones was a diva because he tried to pick his fights, and then he turns down three.

Who cares?

He destroyed every MW they put him to lose against, now he wants his spot and is being denied for whatever reason.

What he does? Go UP in weight and fight one of the most dangerous LHW, and you STILL bitch.

Go rant about Jones who just ducked a rematch.

Vitor would kill the current champ.

Based on what? Weidman has never shown any weakness. Tools you on the ground, tools you on the feet. He outstruck and brutally knocked Anderson Silva out without breaking a sweat, yet Vitor "would kill him". Christ you are dumb.

should have a fight with Moose imo, alot of people want to see that fight, not seeing vitor acting like a "certain type of person he accused Jones of being" and fight a man who is close to retiring and is on a 2 fight losing streak.

Who cares?

He destroyed every MW they put him to lose against, now he wants his spot and is being denied for whatever reason.

What he does? Go UP in weight and fight one of the most dangerous LHW, and you STILL bitch.

Go rant about Jones who just ducked a rematch.

You mean two right? Because his last two middleweight fights before Jones were against Rumble and Akiyama.

Also, LOL at the fact that he was "put in to lose" against Bisping or Rockhold. He was a very small underdog in both fights.

should have a fight with Moose imo, alot of people want to see that fight, not seeing vitor acting like a "certain type of person he accused Jones of being" and fight a man who is close to retiring and is on a 2 fight losing streak.

LOL @ discrediting Hendo just to make the point less retarded

Maybe because Tim didn't deserve that fight at all? Why won't Dana admit Vitor is the #1 contender, Vitor isn't in a "weird" spot, he is in the #3 Ranked mw spot behind Weidman and Silva IMO.

this.

Vitor was supposed to the top contender after he beat Bisping.
Dana refused.

Vitor was supposed to be top contender after he beat Luke.
Dana refused.

Vitor is in the limbo because the UFC refuses to acknowledge where he should be.

Simple as that!

You mean two right? Because his last two middleweight fights before Jones were against Rumble and Akiyama.

Also, LOL at the fact that he was "put in to lose" against Bisping or Rockhold. He was a very small underdog in both fights.

Two three four, doesn't change shit. You still here?

Maybe if he stops fighting inside brasil with TRT dana may take him serious

LOL @ discrediting Hendo just to make the point less retarded

im just saying how it is, do you think that current Hendo and Vitor are on the same level? Prime v Prime i def. think Hendo has this but the Man is 43 and his only chance to win is by the H-bomb, and the H-bomb is becoming more obvious with each fight(as in being telegraphed).

i still hope that Hendo wins tho, would be great, probably not going to happen. :(

Vitor Vitor Vitor--Dana should have used Vitor's name a few more times in that interview.

Vitor would kill the current champ.

Of which division? I doubt he beats Weidman, Vitor has only 1 win over a big athletic wrestler and he got it by a cut on the eyelid, every other time he has lost. Weidman would take Vitor down and beat him up and possibly finish him in a mostly one sided fight.

No shit he doesn't want to fight Kennedy. He wants his TS, which he deserves after spectacular KOs against high-ranked Bisping and Rockhold. He could be safely waiting for Silva/Weidman to play out but instead he's taking a risky fight against Hendo (and a bigger pay-day than Kennedy would be probably).

Whatever craziness Belfort spews, he's earned the right to do so. He fought in UFC12 ffs.

DW is talking shit because Belfort is one of the few fighters who doesn't have to do everything the UFC says and he's setting a bad example for the other penguins.

risking what? fighting hendo? hendo is no risk man, he's past his prime so long time ago

this.

Vitor was supposed to the top contender after he beat Bisping.
Dana refused.

Vitor was supposed to be top contender after he beat Luke.
Dana refused.

Vitor is in the limbo because the UFC refuses to acknowledge where he should be.

Simple as that!

I thought Vitor should have gotten the shot at Weidman, I can't think of any other champion that didn't have to win at least 1 fight to get a rematch.

Back