Dana White: Tonight proved I was right, and Anderson Silva should never fight again.

i dont know why silva-weidman 3 never happened. with weidmans fall off that fight made more and more sense. easy fight to sell and silva has a chance to get a win back

I wanted that too but Weidman didn’t want the fight

Silva allegedly has one fight left on his UFC contract. Dana is saying they won't let him fight again probably has something to do with them not letting him finish his contract, and thus, won't be able to sign with another promotion.

They have to offer 3x (?) per year....so blowing smoke Dana is...

In those contracts though the ufc has to offer him a certain number of fights in a specific time span, so they couldn’t just hold him indefinitely
I understand where you're coming from.

Pink Goof refuted both fighting in other sports and orgs while 1 fight left on contract.
And he's not allowing that last fight.

Maybe he shouldn't have booked "Remorseful 'Riah" if he wanted someone with more output to put the final nail in Anderson's coffin. Be glad he was "gun shy" or else maybe Silva would have left the octagon in a meatwagon.

Anderson needs to retire for himself and his family. We know what CTE does now, more and more. He needs to call it quits so that he can save some of himself to be there for his kids and grandkids.

damn dana dissing anderson hard!

id still be down for anderson vs gsp or bj though.

i think both bj and gsp destroy him though. they always would have,.

So hypocrit from Dana, he and we knew since Weidman fight than AS was done, or at least after few fights after the second weidman fights, but they still make him fight to use him and his contract at best, now its onlyone fight left and we hear this fatass telling "i knew i was right AS is done he should not fight anymore blabla" but the AS we saw tonight was the same we saw against diaz, bisping, cormier if not slightly better, so if AS was done tonight, he was done way before already, but he still had 5/4 fight on his contract at that time so let him fight for us a little bit more, ruin his resume, then lets say he is done at one fight of the end to have the good role

dana is a evil man

Last edited:
Silva allegedly has one fight left on his UFC contract. Dana is saying they won't let him fight again probably has something to do with them not letting him finish his contract, and thus, won't be able to sign with another promotion.
Probably not. Dana has told a shitload of fighters that they need to stop

Overreacting tbh
I thought he looked pretty good and was quite possibly winning the fight until the 1st knock down in round 3.
We've seen much worse performances

Dana White: Tonight proved I was right, and Anderson Silva should never fight again.
Yeah, right. If Anderson had 5 more fights on his UFC contrat, Dana would be singing a completey different tune.
If Anderson did not threaten to go elsewhere, Dana would be spitting bullshit like: "Anderson was doing very well until he got caught by Hall. Every dog has its day."

Dana said nothing wrong in that video. So just put the "Dana is evil" meme aside, and you will feel the same.

Of course Dana is only concerned with being "right". Guy will throw everyone including his best fighters under the bus to make himself look better.
This

This egomaniac only cares about being right. He doesn't mind twisting reality to 'appear' right. This is why he lies all the time.

I mean, Anderson won the first round convincingly... looked really sharp. 2nd round was very close, many had Anderson winning. And 3rd round Anderson was winning up till the end when he was clipped.

So, what was Dana right about exactly? Anderson looked really good.

This is more an issue of matchmaking. Why is Dana booking a 45 year old fighter against an explosive Top10 fighter in his prime? that too a 5 round fight????

Anderson should be in fun fights, 3 round fights. No harm there. He's got nothing else to prove.

If Anderson wants to fight again, that should be his call to make. Dana should stop using the media to leverage his fighters to get his way, and then ACT like he is doing it for the greater good. Such crazy levels of manipulation.

Ah, is that because essentially freezes your contract when you retire, so you'd have to either fight it out or get released?
Silva did say that if he retired from the UFC it doesn't mean he retired from fighting, and it seems like that fabled boxing match with Roy Jones Jr always pops up now and then. I wonder if that would also fall under the umbrella of things he can't do if he retired from the UFC.
Either way, some sneaky shit might be afoot haha.

Yep!

{<redford}

I think Silva might be trying to go to Bellator, and the UFC are trying to stop him.

Silva STILL HAS 1 FIGHT UNDER CONTRACT

. . . Dana doesn't want him to fight EVER again.

{Contract prevents Silva from retiring and competing in other sports/orgs}

<PlusJuan>

Back