Dana White: Tonight proved I was right, and Anderson Silva should never fight again.

lmao.. shitting on Uriah and Anderson at the same time.

"Uriah Hall is one of the gun shy fighters on the roster.."
If it wasn't for that one wheel kick on TUF, Hall woulda been in Bellator years ago

He won’t release him tho. That would free up Silva to box Roy Jones or some other big fight
Not this time i believe, Anderson is beyond done. He costs more than ge generates.

If Silva won Dana would say that he was right to allow Silva to fight one last time

The amount of laughter I've had with this thread and Dana's response is unbelievable

Have yet to watch fights btw

Silva should retire yes but he looked good against Hall. Unfortunately his chin was cracked years ago or may have always had a mediocre chin just that he was better at avoiding getting caught and rolling with the punches.

Dunno why i haven't seen anyone else connect the dots. Its gonna be silva vs roy jones jr next. Anderson is teasing this is his last ufc fight.

Not sure how the testing is in boxing but i dont think novitsky will be overseeing that one

They have to offer 3x (?) per year....so blowing smoke Dana is...

Based on the old UFC (Zuffa) contract, if a fighter is champion by the time his contract expires, it would automatically be extended for 3 more fights or 1 year, whichever is earlier.

https://mmapayout.com/2009/09/07/the-champions-clause-an-mma-comparative/

if, at the expiration of the Term, Fighter is then UFC champion, the Term shall be automatically extended for a period commencing on the Termination Date and ending on the earlier of (i) one (1) year from the Termination Date; or (ii) the date on which Fighter has participated in three (3) bouts promoted by ZUFFA following the Termination Date (”Extension Term”). Any references to the Term herein shall be deemed to include a reference to the Extension Term, where applicable.”​

Since Silva is not a champion, this might not apply to him. However, he still needs to finish his alleged 1 fight left on the contract, so if the UFC force him to retire, they might be able to block him from finishing his contract and sign with a different organization or compete in boxing.

He's right, you know.
Then why did he book the fight? He evidently thought Anderson should fight again, and now he's acting like he knew all along he shouldn't have, which if true, just makes him an even bigger piece of shit. To be wrong and gloat about being right? Sounds like his idol president pigshit.

he acts like it's Anderson's and Uriah's fault the fight happened lol you're the boss dummy

Probably not. Dana has told a shitload of fighters that they need to stop

With the no name fighters, Dana / the UFC just cut them. They only tell fighters with big names (ex: Chuck, Couture) to retire. When Chuck went to fight for Oscar De La Hoya's MMA promotion, Dana got really upset.

a true goat will be great even in the twilight of their careers--not to mention the weidman fights, althought they were near the end but the fact is silva isnt the goat

Where does Deigo Sanchez fit into all of this? Plus all the other old 40+ year old fighters Uncle Dana has let keep on fighting so he can make some $$$.

I think there is part of Silva that fights because he enjoys it, but there's now a way bigger part that fights for the money.

He's getting the Floyd mentality (except Floyd gets a lot more): knowing he can make 1M+ just by showing up (and hopefully not getting KOd) is a big incentive.

i dont understand the hall fight as a final fight to be honest. would have been better to see shogun in there. whatever. retirement is imminent

Damn.

Dana threw Hall under the bus with Silva:

Dana: He [A.Silva] had a guy that has absolutely ZERO output
Dana: And They threw 11 punches in the 2nd fucking round
Dana: Uriah Hall is one of the most gun shy fighter's in UFC

lmfao I kno I was laughing my ass off Uriah must have pissed Dana off backstage or something hahahahaha he wins by stoppage and gets shitted on lollllll

lmao.. shitting on Uriah and Anderson at the same time.

"Uriah Hall is one of the gun shy fighters on the roster.."

I would LOVE to see Dana have a UFC fight he would quit so quick way he shits on fighters is pretty fucked up I bet CM Punk would kick his ass

Anderson should have been cut years ago

Back