Dana White: Tonight proved I was right, and Anderson Silva should never fight again.

Silva vs Fedor 2021
EkZc1IKWAAEepzL

Silva allegedly has one fight left on his UFC contract. Dana is saying they won't let him fight again probably has something to do with them not letting him finish his contract, and thus, won't be able to sign with another promotion.

Hate to see Anderson carry on like this but lets not pretend he's looked like a scrub out there - still been semi competitive against top 10 guys at 45...

Still, would have liked to see him retire years ago.
Damn your logical post

Was Dana publicly saying this, or is it one of those things where he didn't say it to anyone just in case Silva wins, and tries to make himself look smart once he loses?
And is he also waiting to be "right" about Lawler, Woodley, Shogun, etc. when they take their next bad losses?
Because Silva looked a helluva better out there than any of them have in a long time, and that's coming from a guy who considers Shogun his all time favorite and Lawler up there on the list.
He won the early going of that fight not because Hall was just gun shy, but because he made Hall gun shy. Hell, it wasn't that long ago he was competitive with the current MW champ.
And Hall didn't seem all that gun shy in the hype packages the UFC likes to put ou; I bet prior to the fight Dana would've said Hall is an absolute killer in the octagon haha.

Silva allegedly has one fight left on his UFC contract. Dana is saying they won't let him fight again probably has something to do with them not letting him finish his contract, and thus, won't be able to sign with another promotion.
They have to offer him fights but they will give him the worst possible ones waiting as long as possible.

Well, Anderson is 45. I don't think he has anything to prove. Honestly guy still moves and fights very, very good for a man of his age, its amazing he can still due what he can do. I don't want him to take fights and get beat up. One other thing, I was watching RJJ chat about his Tyson fight and thought to myself. I bet Anderson still wants to box Roy.

Was Dana publicly saying this, or is it one of those things where he didn't say it to anyone just in case Silva wins, and tries to make himself look smart once he loses?
And is he also waiting to be "right" about Lawler, Woodley, Shogun, etc. when they take their next bad losses?
Because Silva looked a helluva better out there than any of them have in a long time, and that's coming from a guy who considers Shogun his all time favorite and Lawler up there on the list.
He won the early going of that fight not because Hall was just gun shy, but because he made Hall gun shy. Hell, it wasn't that long ago he was competitive with the current MW champ.
And Hall didn't seem all that gun shy in the hype packages the UFC likes to put ou; I bet prior to the fight Dana would've said Hall is an absolute killer in the octagon haha.

Silva allegedly has one fight left on his contract. If Silva completes his contract, he can go fight for Bellator, against Fedor.

Me thinks the UFC / Dana are trying to get Silva to retire (without finishing his contract), so he cannot go to Bellator to fight Fedor.

Silva allegedly has one fight left on his contract. If Silva completes his contract, he can go fight for Bellator, against Fedor.

Me thinks the UFC / Dana are trying to get Silva to retire (without finishing his contract), so he cannot go to Bellator to fight Fedor.
Ah, is that because essentially freezes your contract when you retire, so you'd have to either fight it out or get released?
Silva did say that if he retired from the UFC it doesn't mean he retired from fighting, and it seems like that fabled boxing match with Roy Jones Jr always pops up now and then. I wonder if that would also fall under the umbrella of things he can't do if he retired from the UFC.
Either way, some sneaky shit might be afoot haha.

well, anderson could have won this fight if he was trying to pad his stats, and just kept doing what he was doing in the first 3 rounds. but i think he tried to go out with a bang and got reckless then got caught, because hes old as shit now and doesnt have the speed or reflexes to get away with it anymore.

Silva STILL HAS 1 FIGHT UNDER CONTRACT

. . . Dana doesn't want him to fight EVER again.

{Contract prevents Silva from retiring and competing in other sports/orgs}
In those contracts though the ufc has to offer him a certain number of fights in a specific time span, so they couldn’t just hold him indefinitely

Stupid match up put the old banged up legend against the young explosive still in prime athlete. No one here to blame but Dana they could have had him fight Rich Franklin for a 3rd time or something fuck I even heard Rich saying he would come out for that fight. I knew Silva was probably gonna lose this it always sucks when u see a fighter way passed their prime losing to opponents they never would have lost against
i dont know why silva-weidman 3 never happened. with weidmans fall off that fight made more and more sense. easy fight to sell and silva has a chance to get a win back

Hes still skilled enough to win rounds against ranked fighters (even took a round from Izzy) but his chin is just completely shot now

Dana is such a fucking prick. Anderson should just kick his ass. What a shitty person.

Back