Dana white talks about his workout

Cindy,
I have noticed that you seem to be very well informed on the activities of the UFC.
You always seem to be right about everything you post, and you are a little to well spoken for the average sherdogger. Do you work for Zuffa or something?

I think so

Or maybe it's f***** Dana W. ;-)

I doubt dana benches over 300.. I can do 320 once but it doesnt work that way.. Its how many reps x how many sets you can do that should count.

Tank abbot can do 600 lbs once.. big fucking deal, his muscle endurance is probably poor as fuck and lactic acid would hit him so bad if he was doing 15 reps x 3 sets @ 250 lbs

Cindy,
I have noticed that you seem to be very well informed on the activities of the UFC.
You always seem to be right about everything you post, and you are a little to well spoken for the average sherdogger. Do you work for Zuffa or something?

Nope... just friends with DW.

Cindy

Maybe he is an asshole, and maybe he's not. But he knows about fighting and training. I cant say the same about the keyboardswarriors on this forum.

LawL 315 is what your average high school football player will get. I don't see whats so hard to believe since Dana is not a small guy and has been working out for a while.

Either way, I still don't like Dana.

im sure dana is in some kind of shape, why wouldn't he be; in his business it pays to stay in condition, it makes it easier to deal w/stress and to stay healthy. Not to mention it makes it easier to take him seriously when he goes on his rants about being a fighter, an it makes it look good that the ufc head guy has a background or trains.

he isn't the toughest-lindland and sonnen promote and isnt bas a promoter or head guy for the ifl..the guy who came up w/the ifl also did muay thai and bjj, the affliction cat actual fought mma.

an im not trying to sound or act tough, but dana white, regardless of how much he trains; is not someone i would be afraid to fight.

im sure he has skills, but i know i have boxed,sparred and/or grappled people better than him, as have many people on this board. (not the hw specifically but all the diff forums)

How did he feel about you pimping IFL so hard when it came out a few years ago? That must have been awkward for you guys.

Not at all. I remain very good friends with Gareb and continue to say nice things about the IFL. One has nothing to do with the other.

Cindy

drevildanawhitecb0.png

Why bench 315.... when I can bench.... 35?? (cue evil music)

I hear that Dana really is working out hard and looks totally buff right now. If only we had some pics!

not sure if this is the right place for this but here's the source for it.

Before preparing for our cover shoot, White weighed 217 pounds. By cycling his carb intake and intensifying his workouts, he dropped over 20 pounds in four weeks, weighing in at 196 on the day of the shoot. "I'm glad Men's Fitness came along," he says. "I need a reason to work out. I've been boxing my whole life, so I get bored with it sometimes. When I get bored of boxing, I'll get more into lifting weights. We're trying to get my bench to 315 now."

RING CIRCLES:
Skips laterally around a boxing ring for a few minutes to warm up.

SHADOWBOXING:
Three rounds.

PAD WORK:
Throws punch combinations on focus mitts for four to six rounds.

MILE RUN:
White runs on the treadmill.

JUMP ROPE:
Nine minutes.

WEIGHT TRAINING:
White focuses on chest, shoulders, and triceps one day, then back, legs, and biceps another, alternating heavy and light days. "Chest day takes a long time," he says. "We're big into fuckin' benching." [Laughs].

315 hes almost benching are you KIDDING ME!!!

Dana White's Workout - Men's Fitness
Looks like the workout at my old boxing gym, except no weights. We also did heavy bag for three rounds.

not sure if this is the right place for this but here's the source for it.

Before preparing for our cover shoot, White weighed 217 pounds. By cycling his carb intake and intensifying his workouts, he dropped over 20 pounds in four weeks, weighing in at 196 on the day of the shoot. "I'm glad Men's Fitness came along," he says. "I need a reason to work out. I've been boxing my whole life, so I get bored with it sometimes. When I get bored of boxing, I'll get more into lifting weights. We're trying to get my bench to 315 now."

RING CIRCLES:
Skips laterally around a boxing ring for a few minutes to warm up.

SHADOWBOXING:
Three rounds.

PAD WORK:
Throws punch combinations on focus mitts for four to six rounds.

MILE RUN:
White runs on the treadmill.

JUMP ROPE:
Nine minutes.

WEIGHT TRAINING:
White focuses on chest, shoulders, and triceps one day, then back, legs, and biceps another, alternating heavy and light days. "Chest day takes a long time," he says. "We're big into fuckin' benching." [Laughs].

315 hes almost benching are you KIDDING ME!!!

Dana White's Workout - Men's Fitness
Looks like the workout at my old boxing gym, except no weights. We also did heavy bag for three rounds.

I dunno why some people think those who train in combat sports need to fight in competitions in order to validate what they're doing. Combat sports is probably one of the most intense work outs on the face of the planet, and on top of it combat sports can be useful for self-defense. It would make sense that Dana, having access to probably just about any gym around the nation, would train combat sports just to stay in shape.

Dana White vs. Joe Rogan in the octagon!
I would pay twice to see that sideshow:)

"We're big into fuckin' benching." [Laughs].

White focuses on chest, shoulders, and triceps one day, then back, legs, and biceps another, alternating heavy and light days.

How does that work? Heavy, Heavy, Light, Light, Heavy, Heavy, etc.?

Otherwise he would only work one muscle group heavily. Right?

Back