• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Dana White shuts down McGregor conspiracy theories

giphy.webp

I don't believe Conor tried to renegotiate either. How many times has Conor pulled out like this?

So whats the injury though?

His foot acting up again?
Some say he got a bad cut on his eye
KO'd in sparring but that's probably fake

It's very strange that Dana felt the need to address this. I think the rumor is true, with a twist.

I believe the UFC 303 PPV predictions were looking poor, and that the event was going to sell less than 1 million PPVs. In that scenario, Conor would likely make significantly less money that he thought he would, as most likely his pay was a heavy cut of PPV buys above a certain threshold.

I think Conor realized this and demanded that the UFC pay him his full expected income, regardless of how well the event sold. Naturally, the UFC aren't going to give him the same $$ if the event sells 800k buys rather than 2 million buys, so they refused Conor's demand. That's my guess.

It's very strange that Dana felt the need to address this. I think the rumor is true, with a twist.

I believe the UFC 303 PPV predictions were looking poor, and that the event was going to sell less than 1 million PPVs. In that scenario, Conor would likely make significantly less money that he thought he would, as most likely his pay was a heavy cut of PPV buys above a certain threshold.

I think Conor realized this and demanded that the UFC pay him his full expected income, regardless of how well the event sold. Naturally, the UFC aren't going to give him the same $$ if the event sells 800k buys rather than 2 million buys, so they refused Conor's demand. That's my guess.
This is probably it. If a leg injury was the problem there’s no reason to not say hey Connors got a fucking leg injury....fights off

Seems like they’re trying to create an aura of mystery To suck more dumbasses in

I guess the conspiracy theories are upsettingly close to the mark.

Back