Media Dana White scoffs at Ronda Rousey, Georges St-Pierre or Brock Lesnar returning for UFC 300

He scoffs because he would have to pay out and he doesn't like signing big checks anymore.

Blame ESPN for bending over for Ari like they were an intern at his Hollywood office.

Stacking cards only costs the UFC money. Why pay out extra millions when ESPN cuts you the same check anyway?

"Brock Lesnar’s like 45 years old or pushing 50"

Meanwhile they tout 44 year old Arlovski out there on a regular basis
Difference is AA still has the desire and apparently still wants or needs the paycheck.

Meanwhile Brock has been getting the biggest WWE checks of anyone for 20 years. He don't need or want anything, particularly back in MMA at 45 and has been pretty clear about it.

Fuck, any one else I would be relieved to hear that.

….but the bald goof? This sonnavabitch is gonna have all three on the card now ☹️

Maybe masvidal comes back and fights like….Idk who’s a fresh matchup? Korean zombie ? Volk

So all 3 are confirmed to be fighting then. Great news!

The fact that people are wondering whether UFC stars from the Pleistocene era will make an appearance at UFC 300 is all you need to know that the UFC is starving for talent.

“I don’t think there’s going to be anything out of left field,” White said. “This is just going to be a type of card we’ve never done before. Every fight is a must see fight.”

Welp, there you go. Rather than 1 or 2 good fights a card, you might get 3-5. Unprecedented!

I liked Brock's reaction a few years ago. "No plans for a comeback. MMA is a young man's game."
I think if they threw enough money at him he would. As he's made it very clear mma and even his wrestling career were only ever ways to make great money. Not because it was his passion. He'd rather be on his farm, or hunting. But if you show him enough money, he'll leave the farm for a bit to make it. But yeah i don't think they'd offer him the type of money he'd want to actually go do it. That and he's probably not keen on the drug testing these days, which would also make that number need to be a lot higher.

Back