Media Dana White scoffs at Ronda Rousey, Georges St-Pierre or Brock Lesnar returning for UFC 300

sdpdude9

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

UFC 300 will be a massive card, but there was never a plan for any former stars to return for the historic event on April 13.

That’s according to UFC CEO Dana White, who promised that matchmaking for that card is still taking place. He said several more marquee bouts are expected to be added, but the promotion never sought out names like Ronda Rousey, Georges St-Pierre or Brock Lesnar to make a surprising return.

Back at UFC 200, Lesnar returned to the sport after a lengthy layoff, but White added an option like that was never even explored.

“Ronda’s not coming back,” White told Sportsnet in Canada. “GSP’s not coming back. Brock Lesnar’s like 45 years old or pushing 50. None of those calls were made.”

Sounds like he has no curveballs to bring except maybe Khabib (doubt it, but would probably be a 170lb match if something changed). Pereira vs Aspinall/Izzy 3 has to be main event then.

I liked Brock's reaction a few years ago. "No plans for a comeback. MMA is a young man's game."

UFC 300 will be a massive card, but there was never a plan for any former stars to return for the historic event on April 13.

That’s according to UFC CEO Dana White, who promised that matchmaking for that card is still taking place. He said several more marquee bouts are expected to be added, but the promotion never sought out names like Ronda Rousey, Georges St-Pierre or Brock Lesnar to make a surprising return.

Back at UFC 200, Lesnar returned to the sport after a lengthy layoff, but White added an option like that was never even explored.

“Ronda’s not coming back,” White told Sportsnet in Canada. “GSP’s not coming back. Brock Lesnar’s like 45 years old or pushing 50. None of those calls were made.”

Dana may scoff at the idea and appear that he and the UFC are better than that, but deep down he's coping hard that there isn't any current fighter that are at the level of popularity of GSP, Brock and Ronda (Conor is his only hope)

4fsksm.jpg

Brock vs. Tom Aspinall would be a would be an exciting co-headlining fight for UFC 300.

Brock will likely be wrestling Gunther earlier that same week at WrestleMania 40.

He knows they won't come back, that's the only reason he wouldn't call.

I’d be pretty disappointed if that was what he had up his sleeve anyway. Brock is getting towards 50 and full of roids.
The competition caught up with Rousey years ago, she’d look terrible today.
I love GSP but he’s 40 now and hasn’t fought since UFC 217.

I can’t believe anyone actually thought any of those fighters were coming back. It’s 2024, wake up. GSP’s last fight over six years ago, Ronda and Brock have been off even longer.
To put this in perspective, Israel Adesanya debuted more recently than any of them last competed.

Back