• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana White says Mike Perry can't auction off corner seats.

The UFC doesn't take a piece of any transactions between the fighter and their corners.
I know, but this will generate more money for the fighter and we can't let that happen , can it. We already got joke corners as it is, but let the fighters make money off joke corners, its now an issue.

I totally get that. It's funny how obvious of a money grab it is - there's no problem with having a random person in your corner, but if they're paying 5k to be there, all of a sudden it's an issue.

Mike should just shut up about the 'auction' and figure it out with someone privately. I wonder what the UFC/commission would even be able to prove in that case.
yeah, its bullshit lol.

Reporter: I was wondering is that something the commission has to approve....

Dana White: Yeah. No, you can't do that.

And that's all the information to be gleaned from that clip. Anyone know anything more regarding auctioning off corner spots and what commissions have to say on the issue?

The UFC cares why? As others already said, there's some jokers in corners right now with no issue.

He should have kept that shit private. Now Dana is gonna fuck his money up

Where those Perry fans at that were talking about him being smarter than Dana? Cone on, the guy has no clue.

He should have kept that shit private. Now Dana is gonna fuck his money up

A bit hard, and I’d say impossible to sell your corner, and have it remain private. It’s 2020. Everything gets out.

"So is it something the comission has to approve?"

"yeah...you cant do that"

Well, thats not exactly saying he cant...its more like, "yeah, he can do that, but the AC has to license them", which is NOT a problem 99.99% of the times, hence his GF, ex wife, and others have been in corners, its a dumb question, he CAN and he will, but the AC has to license whoever he gives the spot to.

Last edited:
I know, but this will generate more money for the fighter and we can't let that happen , can it. We already got joke corners as it is, but let the fighters make money off joke corners, its now an issue.

Honestly, I think it really just comes down to them maintaining a facade of professionalism - but of course, that's a joke, since they already permitted Perry to be cornered by his girlfriend (he just didn't publicize an auction for her to get in there).

I like Dana, but he's wrong here. When he does out of the box stuff like this it's cool, but it's not fair for him to shut others down. Like Ali offering Tony $200k. Dana has zero right to veto that. It's really none of his business.

2 pages in and no sherdogger replied about the The Dana 'White' man taking a black guys money away

Where those Perry fans at that were talking about him being smarter than Dana? Cone on, the guy has no clue.

We haven't seen the counter punch by Perry. He might announce a percentage of those funds are going towards BLM, LGBT or some other group or all of the above.

download (1)55.jpg

We haven't seen the counter punch by Perry. He might announce a percentage of those funds are going towards BLM, LGBT or some other group or all of the above.

Idiots with face tattoos anonymous?

People actually thought this was going to happen. Dana is a control freak. He veto's fighter's walk out music choices all the time.

Back