Dana White restates that Melendez will get a title shot

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
when entering the Ufc. Really hoping for Bendo vs Melendez on the Fox card in April. Pettis, if he wins, can then face the winner in early summer.

5:00 minute mark for lw title talk. Also talks about Strikeforce fighters on Saturday and their chances to fight in the Ufc.

Nice, he sounded fairly confident that Gilbert is next, glad to hear.

A lot of people are in for a shock when he loses badly.

Dana will change his mind and give it to Pettis if he beats Cerrone.

So Melendez is suppose to get a title fight
So is Eddie Alveraz when he comes in

oh and if Pettis wins he is suppose to get a title fight

Anyone remember when Pettis was suppose to get the title shot coming out of the WEC, but it never happened because of rematches ...

I think Dana gives Pettis the shot first if he wins ... Melendez maybe next in line after that just because Alveraz is going to be on the side line for a while with this contract bs going on.

This puts to rest all the crazy Eddie Alvarez cult-talk about making millions on his first fight in the UFC because it will be for a title shot on a GSP card. LOL.

I still think the winner of Pettis/Cerrone should get the next shot but if the UFC is going to give it to Melendez, so be it. The winner of Pettis/Cerrone can get next. I'd like to see Eddie Alvarez against Gray Maynard for a place 3rd in line.

Bendo will humiliate him with ease. This isnt a fight with Josh Thomson...

wow so if Pettis beats Cerrone he'll be fucked over again

A lot of people are in for a shock when he loses badly.

Seriously. Josh Thomson beat him in the rubber match and was robbed of the nod. Just imagine what Bendo will do to him.

Bendo will humiliate him with ease. This isnt a fight with Josh Thomson...

6200 posts and you still don't understand styles make fights, woe is me. Btw Josh Thomson has better striking than Bendo.

I think if Pettis becomes first person to (T)KO Donald Cerrone or very lopsided decision\sub, than he absolutely deserves next title shot. If it is a close decision like Stephens fight or if Donald wins, than I say yeah, Gil should take it.

However, if the UFC does somehow get Eddie Alvarez, I don't think he should get an immediate shot. Have him fight Gil, and that will determine the best contender I believe

6200 posts and you still don't understand styles make fights, woe is me. Btw Josh Thomson has better striking than Bendo.

I actually agree with that. And not to mention Josh Thomson is a very underrated fighter (hopefully UFC gets him again - Yves rematch? Lol) although I scored the trilogy fight for Thomson.

But lower tier fighters beating you doesn't bode well in regards to your chances against the top of the food chain. Surprise surprise you are oblivious to that and instead choose down to look down your nose when you of all people have no grounds whatsoever to do so. Woe really is you. Educate yourself.

This is the first time I'm hoping a fighter will wait for title shot. Anthony pettis better not mess this up again, I for one want to see a rematch between him and Bendo. Melendez probably will drop down to 145 if Edgar can a)win or b)expose a hole in Aldo's fight game.

But lower tier fighters beating you doesn't bode well in regards to your chances against the top of the food chain. Surprise surprise you are oblivious to that and instead choose down to look down your nose when you of all people have no grounds whatsoever to do so. Woe is me. Educate yourself, nitwit.

Lol at Josh Thomson being a lower tier fighter. It's always hilarious to hear someone act like they are making you look stupid after saying something incredibly stupid themselves.

wow so if Pettis beats Cerrone he'll be fucked over again

The UFC knows what its doing. Pettis is early into his contract so the UFC can stall him out. If Pettis was nearing the end of his contract and they had to negotiate....I'd bet the UFC would more readily give him his shot. As it is, Pettis makes 10K/10K...while brand new prospects from the Ultimate Fighter make 8K/8K!

im not a believer of either alvarez or melendez deserving an immediate title shot.

they should both have at least 1 fight before that happens.

both are great fighters and im a big fan of eddie , i just dont think that they are more deserving than the fighters already in the UFC that have stacked up a couple wins.

im not a believer of either alvarez or melendez deserving an immediate title shot.

they should both have at least 1 fight before that happens.

both are great fighters and im a big fan of eddie , i just dont think that they are more deserving than the fighters already in the UFC that have stacked up a couple wins.

Melendez, yes. Alvarez, HELL NO! UFC should've signed Michael Chander instead, the true NO.2 LW.

Back