Dana White restates that Melendez will get a title shot

arguing your point based on another point you believe ,but is not based on any actual facts, is silly. Seriously saying Edgar beats Gil and then providing absolutely no analysis isn't exactly making the point. I could just say well Gil beats Edgar. Without providing any analysis it's the equivalent of well my dad could beat your dad.

Btw uhm Tatsuya Kawajiri, Josh Thomson and Ishida are all very good wrestlers.

Lastly it's absolutely hilarious to hear people use the same arguments people were making about Bendo, Cerrone and Pettis before they entered the Ufc.

Lastly Josh Thomson is a very talented athlete.

I agree, Josh is vastly underrated; I think he won the Melendez fight and he was hobbled.
That said, Melendez loses badly to Ben Henderson.

So Melendez is suppose to get a title fight
So is Eddie Alveraz when he comes in

oh and if Pettis wins he is suppose to get a title fight

Anyone remember when Pettis was suppose to get the title shot coming out of the WEC, but it never happened because of rematches ...

I think Dana gives Pettis the shot first if he wins ... Melendez maybe next in line after that just because Alveraz is going to be on the side line for a while with this contract bs going on.

Eddie wasnt never promised it, the contract said it intended to give him a title shot.

Eddie will now be in court for a while and might never come to the UFC.

Gilbert will get next probably in March, Pettis if he wins vs Cowboy in a few weeks he can just sit out and wait for the winner of Bendo/Gilbert and fight them in the summer.

can't believe how people are counting gil out of this fight, thompson is seriously one of the most underrated fighters lw. Jordan breen said he saw josh taking down gray maynard in training regularly at AKA. that in itself should speak volumes.
Josh is a very good wrestler but lets not get carried away with rolling between workout partners.
Jordan Breen would sever his tongue before espousing a credible word regarding Gray Maynard. As would ANY of the MMA Media buffoons.

Those sparring sounds in the background of the video are seriously NSFW.

Good interview. Made some news. Glad Dana corrected the rumor that Alvarez was getting a title shot immediately. He also somewhat addressed my concern about UFC being anti-competitive. Wish the interview has gone into contract details instead of Dana just saying something isn't true without identifying what that something is.

I don't see why not. He has been a top 5 ranked lw forever. His only drawback was his last fight against Thompson. The only person who can make a case as a better contender is the Pettis-Cerrone winner, but Pettis lost to Guida not long ago, and Cerrone to Diaz, who Bendo destroyed.

Back