Dana White restates that Melendez will get a title shot

6200 posts and you still don't understand styles make fights, woe is me. Btw Josh Thomson has better striking than Bendo.

This is an utterly stupid comment. They are two fighters with wrestling bases and Gil has been pretty unimpressive as of late in a defunct divsion. Besides the fact that he hasnt done anything to deserve a fight with Bendo I'd like to hear how you think hes going to beat him. Josh Thomson does not have better striking than Bendo by the way and they have different striking styles. As a whole though, Bendo and Thomson are nowhere close to being in the same league as mixed martial artists

Melendez, yes. Alvarez, HELL NO! UFC should've signed Michael Chander instead, the true NO.2 LW.

Chandler is under contract

This is an utterly stupid comment. They are two fighters with wrestling bases and Gil has been pretty unimpressive as of late in a defunct divsion. Besides the fact that he hasnt done anything to deserve a fight with Bendo I'd like to hear how you think hes going to beat him. Josh Thomson does not have better striking than Bendo by the way and they have different striking styles. As a whole though, Bendo and Thomson are nowhere close to being in the same league as mixed martial artists

yeah let's forget they two completely different striking styles(you yourself said so) they are wrestlers so comparable, uhm no.

Thomson is insanely talented. Sorry but I'll believe guys like Jordan Breen, who make a living analyzing fights, opinion over yours.

Also if Melendez has been unimpressive beating guys like Thomson and Masvidal than what was Bendo in his 2nd fight with Frankie? he hardly put on a dominant performance against Edgar.

Obviously you can bring up the Diaz fight but even Nate admits he's nowhere near as talented as Gil is. Either way Melendez has very, very good takedown defense and better boxing. You can believe whatever you want but there is absolutely no way bendo just runs through Gil. It's almost like Bendo has one dominant performance and everyone suddenly forgets he should of lost to Edgar and Cerrone, lost to Pettis and had a very competitive fight with Mark Bocek. None of whom are better than Gil.

Last edited:
wow so if Pettis beats Cerrone he'll be fucked over again

They'll probably say he can wait and fight the winner, but I don't know that he will. Last time they said the same thing and he took a fight and lost.

IDK if he can afford to wait, he hasn't fought in almost a year.

It surprises me how in every thread Eddie is mentioned people ask "Why aren't they trying to get Chandler instead?"

If they could they would, Alvarez is a free agent (with stipulations) and Chandler is not. When he becomes one, another fight between the UFC and Bellator will start.

i really hope he gets the chance. It's a great style match up. I'd love to see it. I'd slightly favor Bendo right now. As long as Gil is healing up okay and is fully ready to go I think they should put the fight on asap.

So then I guess Alvarez isn't going to be in the UFC eh? Or in it for a while anyway....

Gil will lose though.

They'll probably say he can wait and fight the winner, but I don't know that he will. Last time they said the same thing and he took a fight and lost.

IDK if he can afford to wait, he hasn't fought in almost a year.

last time he considered waiting but both Edgar and Maynard ended up injured and not fighting for ten months. I think if the winner of Gil/Bendo stays healthy he'll choose to wait.

It surprises me how in every thread Eddie is mentioned people ask "Why aren't they trying to get Chandler instead?"

If they could they would, Alvarez is a free agent (with stipulations) and Chandler is not. When he becomes one, another fight between the UFC and Bellator will start.

It seems, literally, impossible for some people to understand 1. what a contract is and 2. height does not equal weight. These two things have been confounding sherdoggers for years.

So then I guess Alvarez isn't going to be in the UFC eh? Or in it for a while anyway....

Gil will lose though.

The only way Eddie gets brought over is if he wins a court battle and that will take months and probably take almost a year.

Also Dana White states, in the video, that Alvarez will not receive a title shot if he comes over. He will likely have to have one fight.
E

Bendo murks Melendez and goes 2-0 against the Scrap Pack.

Bendo couldn't murk Guida, Bocek, Jim Miller or Frankie why would you believe he could do so to Gil?

Nate was just a very easy style match up for him. The fact he'd likely be forced to stand with Gil makes this fight much more interesting and likely a lot more competitive.

yeah let's forget they two completely different striking styles(you yourself said so) they are wrestlers so comparable, uhm no.

Thomson is insanely talented. Sorry but I'll believe guys like Jordan Breen, who make a living analyzing fights, opinion over yours.

Also if Melendez has been unimpressive beating guys like Thomson and Masvidal than what was Bendo in his 2nd fight with Frankie? he hardly put on a dominant performance against Edgar.

Obviously you can bring up the Diaz fight but even Nate admits he's nowhere near as talented as Gil is. Either way Melendez has very, very good takedown defense and better boxing. You can believe whatever you want but there is absolutely no way bendo just runs through Gil. It's almost like Bendo has one dominant performance and everyone suddenly forgets he should of lost to Edgar and Cerrone, lost to Pettis and had a very competitive fight with Mark Bocek. None of whom are better than Gil.

Couple things: Edgar would beat Gil, his takedown defense is highly overrated considering he hasn't had to defend against a wrestler worth a damn, Benson is a better striker than Thomson as I'm sure Jordan Breen would agree at this point and much more well rounded, and if you're going to bring up Bendo's "loss" against Edgar, I'll bring up the fact that alot of people also believe Gil lost to Thomson, who doesn't have the level of athleticism or constantly evolving game of Benson. Questions?

Lmao "Bendo had a very competitive fight with Bocek". Um no the fuck he didn't.

Couple things: Edgar would beat Gil, his takedown defense is highly overrated considering he hasn't had to defend against a wrestler worth a damn, Benson is a better striker than Thomson as I'm sure Jordan Breen would agree at this point and much more well rounded, and if you're going to bring up Bendo's "loss" against Edgar, I'll bring up the fact that alot of people also believe Gil lost to Thomson, who doesn't have the level of athleticism or constantly evolving game of Benson. Questions?

arguing your point based on another point you believe ,but is not based on any actual facts, is silly. Seriously saying Edgar beats Gil and then providing absolutely no analysis isn't exactly making the point. I could just say well Gil beats Edgar. Without providing any analysis it's the equivalent of well my dad could beat your dad.

Btw uhm Tatsuya Kawajiri, Josh Thomson and Ishida are all very good wrestlers.

Lastly it's absolutely hilarious to hear people use the same arguments people were making about Bendo, Cerrone and Pettis before they entered the Ufc.

Lastly Josh Thomson is a very talented athlete.

A lot of people are in for a shock when he loses badly.

I won't be.... I honestly haven't seen how he can compete in the upper levels of the UFC...he is a good fighter... But I see no way he can beat the likes of Hendo, Pettis, miller, gray... But who knows... I think he is in the 6-10 range...

I won't be.... I honestly haven't seen how he can compete in the upper levels of the UFC...he is a good fighter... But I see no way he can beat the likes of Hendo, Pettis, miller, gray... But who knows... I think he is in the 6-10 range...

lol at no way he beats Jim Miller

can't believe how people are counting gil out of this fight, thompson is seriously one of the most underrated fighters lw. Jordan breen said he saw josh taking down gray maynard in training regularly at AKA. that in itself should speak volumes.

Is Melendez the guy the Diaz bro's are always repping after fights?

Back