Media Dana White: Pavlovich / Aspinall winner could possibly defend the interim belt

Dumb as hell. Interim belts should not be defended. If the champ is out that long it's time for the belt to be vacated. See Jiri and Hill at LHW.

Dana is getting to be more like Vince McMahon by the day. Difference is, Vince and athletes at least follows a script in wwe. This shits on Aspinall's career.

Oh I hope he goes through with the the Stipe Jones fight and one of them gets injured again a week before the fight.

I click on MMA stories in my news feed and all of a sudden a dozen WWE stories pop up. Anyone know why?

Dumb as hell. Interim belts should not be defended. If the champ is out that long it's time for the belt to be vacated. See Jiri and Hill at LHW.
If someone wins an interim title in the first round and takes zero damage they could feasibly defend before the champion returns for a unification match. This would not be particularly offensive if it happened. But when you have a situation where the champion is essentially squatting his position it hurts the credibility of the sport. We sort of have both here. Aspinall is clearly fresh having just obliterated Pavlovich without sustaining injury or damage. And Jones is not only out for a year most likely but won't even take a unification match with Aspinall anyways if he demands a Stipe fight.

UFC's team has placed themselves in a poor spot yet again. Jones should probably be stripped. Do Aspinall versus Stipe. Maybe Aspinall versus someone else if Stipe just wants Jones.

Back