Dana White "Palhares won't be back"

Well, that's that

You only get so many chances in this life. Palhares blew way too many of them.

Nobody is owed anything. You have to earn it. Palhares couldn't earn a permanent place in the UFC because he couldn't keep his shit together.

^ This right herr

Well, that's that

I really liked Palhares but it was just too much.

I think some people on this site wouldn't accept his being cut unless he pulled out a knife and stabbed a ref.

And even then, it would depend on which ref.

Damn that sucks but hey he fucked up his last chance

I'll catch his wsof fight vs okami tho

The UFC just wants to clean the roster off of fighters making more money then the UFC wants to actually pay. Thats why Okami went and its why Palhares went too. Its not about how long he held the submission, but rather finding an excuse to justify their decision.

Zuffa is all about the bottom line. Doing the right thing is not on their agenda. Only making as much money as possible with as little investment as possible.

Out with guys who make money. In with guys who are desperate enough to sign on the dotted line for pennies on the dollar.

The_Devil__s_Contract_by_JC_790514.gif
You sound ridiculous, if that's all the UFC was interested in they could have cut him after the Lombard loss in which he was not only completely destroyed, but busted for elevated levels of testosterone. That was his second embarrassing loss in a row BTW. But instead they gave him another chance.

You sound ridiculous, if that's all the UFC was interested in they could have cut him after the Lombard loss in which he was not only completely destroyed, but busted for elevated levels of testosterone. That was his second embarrassing loss in a row BTW. But instead they gave him another chance.

Yes, the great UFC and the bad, bad Palhares. You've clearly got it all figured out.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize your take on things makes zero sense.

Oh, of course. By winning in impressive fashion, against a very good welterweight he embarrassed himself. So obviously he should go.

Tell us again about how long he held the submission, how he cranked it and how he's a bad, bad man. Only, all of that is non-sense. And your shit attitude about it all only convinces me you're either easily mislead or have no idea what you're talking about. Perhaps both.

Yes, the great UFC and the bad, bad Palhares. You've clearly got it all figured out.

So why did the UFC cut him?

They've had opportunities before and it looked like they were giving him every chance. Why now? Why not when he got popped for steroids, if they really have some nefarious alter motive?

Oh, of course. By winning in impressive fashion, against a very good welterweight he embarrassed himself. So obviously he should go.

Tell us again about how long he held the submission, how he cranked it and how he's a bad, bad man. Only, all of that is non-sense. And your shit attitude about it all only convinces me you're either easily mislead or have no idea what you're talking about. Perhaps both.
Do you even realize what you're arguing? The man had lost two fights in a row in brutal fashion, his stock was at an all-time low and he had been busted for elevated testosterone. Considering the UFC has shown itself willing to cut top 10 fighters, that's certainly all they needed to cut Palhares. So to now try to chalk it all up to the UFC worrying about the bottom line when they already had anything and everything they needed to cut him is simply absurd and shows a complete lack of critical thinking ability on your part. But that's to be expected considering your preposterous take on what actually happened in the Pierce fight. You simply aren't playing with a full deck.

its disapointing, we may never see a heel hook submission in the ufc again.

he is one of my top 10 fighters to tune in for and watch, always in exciting fights.

Do you even realize what you're arguing? The man had lost two fights in a row in brutal fashion, his stock was at an all-time low and he had been busted for elevated testosterone. Considering the UFC has shown itself willing to cut top 10 fighters, that's certainly all they needed to cut Palhares. So to now try to chalk it all up to the UFC worrying about the bottom line when they already had anything and everything they needed to cut him is simply absurd and shows a complete lack of critical thinking ability on your part. But that's to be expected considering your preposterous take on what actually happened in the Pierce fight. You simply aren't playing with a full deck.

Take a look around. There is quite a bit of backlash over cutting both Okami and Palhares. You think these two cuts are coincidences? Two high profile fighters being let go back to back?

You actually believe the UFC's reasoning for letting him go, which proves to me you have little idea what you're seeing out there. If you think he held the submission too long, you've not watched many fights. If you think he was being malicious out there, you need to go back to the drawing board.

Take a look around. There is quite a bit of backlash over cutting both Okami and Palhares. You think these two cuts are coincidences? Two high profile fighters being let go back to back?

You actually believe the UFC's reasoning for letting him go, which proves to me you have little idea what you're seeing out there. If you think he held the submission too long, you've not watched many fights. If you think he was being malicious out there, you need to go back to the drawing board.
Of course I believe it because:

1.) I was already outraged myself over the incident before the UFC so much as commented on the issue, as were many others.

2.) As I pointed out, they already had EVERYTHING the needed to cut him.

Your position simply makes no sense, if they really wanted him gone he would have already been gone.

And you're the one who needs to take a look around at the numerous instances of Palhares doing the exact same thing. He's a dirty fighter and he always has been.

Palhares submission on Pierce was not only completely ordinary in terms of submissions, but hardly the prolonged and malicious hold that it has been made out to be in order to justify the UFC's decision to cut him. The UFC's position is utterly ridiculous, and is only meant to justify their decision. Not to actually hit on factual points.

Hopefully we can keep this civil. Just looking for opinions. Leaving his rep aside and just looking at the gifs I really feel like he didn't crank.

If you'll notice the ref puts his hand under Pierce's leg and pushed up, while at the same time he puts his on Palhares' elbow and pushes forward. It's the perfect storm of controversy.

It's the ref moving Palhares, not a crank. Does anyone see this first gif and feel differently? The ref moves Palhares to make it look like a crank.

814119262.gif

unfortunately I see gifs trying to make it seems worse than it was. like this..

You can see in this one he lets go almost immediately after the ref comes into view.

I9lO.gif

you can really see how hard the ref pushes forward in this one.

2.gif

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/palhares-never-cranked-imo-ref-pushing-him-backward-2578557/

That's pretty weak. When a beast like rousimar has somebodies leg. I think the ref should be right on top of them .
Ya know due their job. Keep the fighters safe.

It looks like Palhares was going for the submission 100%. Which is what you're suppose to do. It looks like once he saw the ref as intervening, he let go. Which is what you're suppose to do. It looks like the argument he was attempting to hurt Pierce after the fight was stopped has been completely blown out of the water. Where exactly did these gifs come from of Palhares cranking it? When its pretty obvious that torque was actually the result of the refs intervention and not Palhares desire to rip Pierces knee to shreds.

Palhares is really getting a rawl deal here, luckily, there are quite a few people who agree with me on this. Otherwise the injustice that is occurring here would be far worse than it already is.

This sport is becoming watered down, its a real shame. What made this sport so appealing was the violence it brought to the stage as entertainment. Whats next? No punches to the head? Only open hand, palm strikes? Shin guards?

Last edited:
It was kinda rough... I mean, what was it, 5,6,7 taps??? you're a professional, so act like one.

we'll see what happens when ronda doesnt let go of mishas arm straight away

It was kinda rough... I mean, what was it, 5,6,7 taps??? you're a professional, so act like one.

Listen bud, you dont stop because your opponent taps. You stop when the ref intervenes. Which Palhares clearly did.

Back