News Dana White: "Nick Diaz was incredible" in return fight vs Lawler @ UFC 266

Robbie fan, so it kills... me?

Nick fan, so it kills... me ?

Honestly, the fight was a three round brawl with hundreds of punches.

You're just a coward who makes excuses for lying about MMA.

Diaz got dropped. End of of the third. TKO.

Go cry.
Did Nick tell the ref he didn't want to continue during the fight? Yes or no. Anything other than answering with either confirms you're a bitch.

in truth they were both really slow, was like a really low level HW prelim fight of Juan Adams vs Anthony Hamilton

But they are both old and barely ever fight and so inactive, so its to be expected really. it was what I thought it would be but I thought it would probably end in a decision. The punches and the few kicks thrown were really slow for WW/MW though

Did Nick tell the ref he didn't want to continue during the fight? Yes or no. Anything other than answering with either confirms you're a bitch.

You're still talking ?

TKO, round three. Over 300 strikes thrown.

Another sherdog coward talking like anyone is listening.

You go on ignore now little boy.

My primitive brain can’t discern between power punches and ones that wouldn’t kill flies?? Gotcha.

Maybe my primitive brain will evolve at some point. Then I can be as delusional and salty as you. Cool.

Definitely not salty or delusional. I do, however, actually comprehend what I'm watching. You probably believe that you'd piece Diaz up in a fight.

You're calling sherdoggers delusional & blind, but you're projecting your own strong delusions here.
Diaz had a beer belly, and gave up due to pain.
Lawler demolished him, regardless of the mosquitoe bite punches Diaz threw.
Lawler was never threatened.

His gut and how the fight ended don't change the fact that he and Lawler were both highly competitive up until that moment.

Dude gave off real Holyfield vibes leading up to this fight.
How anyone was shocked by his performance is the only mystery. Dude couldn't even bother making the agreed upon weight.
Hate much? lol.

I thought the fight was decent all things considered and a good potential send off for two WW greats.

I mean, he was landing OK but they were slow arm punches. Robbie was just content to stand in front of him and Tee off

He looked ok… Ring Rust was obvious as fuck and Lawler should not of been his return fight.

But it was a exciting fight. The TKO was nastier then I at first thought. After re-watching I have no issue with Diaz quitting.

i’m actually watching the DWCS post fight interview in its entirety, definitely worth the watch… Dana being classic Dana without getting too triggered and answering a plethora of questions about everything UFC and DWCS… a—-z, it’s about a 35 minute q and a session for those of you who have time

it means nick will never be championship material, but he's a good ppv draw.

As usual Dana only worried about the bottom line and not the fighters. He sees Nick as a draw that sells PPVs and that's it. Anyone who watched that fight and thought either guy should continue fighting is either just flat lying (Dana) or completely in denial.

He looked a lot better than I expected.

Nah. Robbie's entire gameplan was to simply bully Nick with aggressive pressure and use his cage rust against him by staying in his face hard. That caused him to take shots in order to panic Diaz, but it worked as Nick did eventually quit under that pressure, exactly as Robbie intended.

A more patient fighter would've made Diaz look awful in there. His speed and timing were clearly very off, and that would've been just more apparent against someone not simply intent on spending 100% of the fight in range with him where his best bet was.

It's actually kinda ironic, but had Nick been fighting someone like Edwards he'd have looked even worse than Nate did against Edwards. Which is something no one ever would've used to say about the Diaz brothers, especially at WW.

I was excited for Nick's return but I didn't think he looked great; he looked old & slow and his kicks looked sloppy. Apart from some moments when he made Robbie look uncomfortable, he looked like a shadow of his former self. I hope they paid him well and he can be comfortable and retire

Quitting ?
He didn't exactly gas.

Robbie landed pretty fuckin clean, to the point of Nick dropping.
Can't say that was "quitting" after that many punches exchanged.

What was the stat? 150 significant of like ... 300 each thrown.

"Quitting"

<LikeReally5>
Brother, he verbally tapped when he wasn't even being touched

Reactions: 613
Dana is just trying to butter up Nick to coax him back for another fight. Sad thing is, he probably wants to use Nick to put over another prospect. They were going to feed him to Chimaev before settling on Lawler.

He wasn't hesitant, that's for sure.

He came, he threw his hands, he lost.

Im cool with it.

We need a trilogy!

Back