News Dana White: "Nick Diaz was incredible" in return fight vs Lawler @ UFC 266

oh-boy-here-we-go-again.gif

He wasn't that bad. but he wasn't that great in there either. Dana's probably got a handful more fights he wants to do with Nick and it's big money for him, so of course he's going to look at the upside. Dana always promotes up for that which he is investing in and shits down on that which he is discarding. the epitome of it's not personal, it's business.

He looked good in a few moments, it was nice to see his boxing flow is still solid af. But he has definitely slowed and the cardio issue was not expected (injured?)...neither was him opting out of getting back up as well....but not upset...that man has taken so much punishment to prove a point and to entertain the fans...he earned that one. If he still wants to I would love to see him fight again even at 38 he is still fun to watch....but I would have to also say....not vs a top 5 guy. Maybe Matt Brown (or did he retire again?) would be good.

he was. it was a fantastic fight and nick looked fucking amazing.

I think Nick looked pretty good until the end. He just didn't have the heart for it anymore once things went bad. It was fun seeing him again though, if it's his last fight.

Nick say he want another fight right away if he lose
I say let him build his cardio and conditioning back. That's the real reason he quit early, he isn't used to being pressured and gassed in a fight. It's what he usually uses to win fights.

Back