News Dana White: "Nick Diaz was incredible" in return fight vs Lawler @ UFC 266

He looked a lot better than I expected.
I really think it comes down to what people expected. I was concerned that he might look Chuck levels of bad because of all the substance rumors and not making weight, so I thought he looked decent in the actual fight. My buddy, who loves Nick Diaz, thought he could come back and make a run at the title, so he thought Nick looked terrible.

If you compare reality vs. what Sherdog reacted like, you'd think Nick looked like BJ in the bar parking lot.

Exactly.
The over-reaction to Diaz is now eclipsing Lawler getting ANY credit.

Yes Diaz "looked more ripped months ago compared to the fight",
but they still landed 150 of 300 each. Something close to that.

Diaz didn't quit on the stool. Sherdog cowards are hilarious.

Robbie landed a good punch and Nick dropped.

Truth, they stood toe to toe, he got dropped.
Robbie had his number, trained hard, dropped bombs.

Well.... Nick Diaz certainly didn't look incredible to me.
He looked like a shadow of his former self and I did kind of expect that.

So for Dana to say he looked incredible....simply says to me that Dana believes that Nick Diaz attracts sufficient attention on a PPV card that it's worth paying Nick Diaz whatever money they paid him.
So....from Dana's point of view it sounds like they'd do that again with Nick Diaz.
I'm just not sure Nick really wants to fight anymore....but I'm sure the money is attractive to him. So we may see Nick Diaz again in the cage and I honestly would rather not -- he is now just a long long way from what he used to be.

If you compare reality vs. what Sherdog reacted like, you'd think Nick looked like BJ in the bar parking lot.

In reality he did great in round 1 (he won it), did pretty good in round 2 (lost it) and gassed. He wasn't in the shape he needed to be in, but he otherwise looked way better than what a 38 year old guy with 6 years off should.
Halle-fucking-lujah, somebody on Sherdog gets it.
Nick landed a lot of good stuff in rd 1 that people are either missing, or not giving him credit for. Nick won that round, but the liver shot in rd 2 changed the whole fight. Turns out if you drink and party for six years and then get hit in the liver, it melts your ass. Nick did look old and slow, but still landed plenty of good stuff.

If you’re a true Nick Diaz fan, you didn’t enjoy that fight.

He wasn’t in shape, he wasn’t overly pressuring… the guys done man. I get everyone loves him but let’s be real.

Robbie didn't land a punch ?

<Neil01>
He landed lots of punches. So did Nick. Only one of them quit, though.

You're really that invested in another man that you're willing to look like a complete idiot arguing that black is white here? Remarkable.

Im guessing he popped a good buyrate, will see if the buyrate ever gets announced by anyone.
I assume it did 6-700k buys or somewhere around that ballpark.
Still, it was a decent fight and not the COMPLETE disaster that some people were expecting.

Guess you missed the shape he was in in April/May 2021...and the triathlon he ran etc.
Dude gave off real Holyfield vibes leading up to this fight.
How anyone was shocked by his performance is the only mystery. Dude couldn't even bother making the agreed upon weight.

He landed lots of punches. So did Nick. Only one of them quit, though.

You're really that invested in another man that you're willing to look like a complete idiot arguing that black is white here? Remarkable.

It's your thoughts, versus what happened.

Robbie lands a punch, drops Diaz.
You think Diaz quit.

<LikeReally5>

It's your thoughts, versus what happened.

Robbie lands a punch, drops Diaz.
You think Diaz quit.

<LikeReally5>
It's not my thoughts. It's what happened. Everyone saw it. Apart from you, apparently. How did the fight end on your planet? A knock out? TKO? Submission?

It's not my thoughts. It's what happened. Everyone saw it. Apart from you, apparently. How did the fight end on your planet? A knock out? TKO? Submission?

You're way too invested in lying.

The fight was called TKO · R3 00:44

You're way too invested in lying.

The fight was called TKO · R3 00:44
After Nick said he didn't want to fight anymore. The fact that it's on tape and and you can see it happening kind of gives it away. I'm embarrassed for you, at this point.

After Nick said he didn't want to fight anymore. The fact that it's on tape and and you can see it happening kind of gives it away. I'm embarrassed for you, at this point.

You ignore 300 strikes, for your keyboard warrior perception of the end of the fight.

It's pathetic you cannot give Lawler any credit.

Punches don't lie.
Coward like you though...

Nice angle with the "why aren't you giving Robbie credit". You aren't fooling anyone, though. He quit and it kills you.

Robbie fan, so it kills... me?

Nick fan, so it kills... me ?

Honestly, the fight was a three round brawl with hundreds of punches.

You're just a coward who makes excuses for lying about MMA.

Diaz got dropped. End of of the third. TKO.

Go cry.

Back