Dana White: Makhachev Has Potential to Go on Record-Breaking Title Defense Run

Will Islam be 155 GOAT?

• Total voters
Does he have the potential to maybe do something....obviously yes. Will he? Roll that D20. Maybe he will maybe he wont. I mean lets be real for one second.... who saw Sean Strickland as the MW champ... and doing it by completely SCHOOLING Adesanya. Combat Sports are random as it gets.

Yeah probably LW GOAT, until Usman comes over then he will probably take over.

Dagi domination.

I never got that Khabib vibe with Islam, and by that I mean he doesn’t seem invincible the way Khabib did. I never ever felt like picking against Khabib, but many times have questioned Islam’s chances.

This might or might not be the response you expected, but I actually get it. Most people feel that way.

Hasn’t even defended against a top ranked fighter in his division but hey let’s jizz our panties.

i honestly feel like the last fight shouldn't even count, islam trained, his opponent didnt. its not fair, its disingenuous. islam needs to beat at least gaethje, chandler/gamrot/whoever else, in dominant fashion to be considered a LW goat IMO. he is legit, and it is the fault of the UFC for going this direction with him. He should have defended against Gamrot, makes way more sense than off the couch Volk. problem is, dude wants to go to 170, and you know the TKO era UFC is all about that. I wonder how much longer Islam can make 155, which countries he can make 155 in. would love to see him beat more fighters at 155 than just oliveira. come on.

Considering how close he is and how good has been looking lately i'd say yes, 2 more defenses and he would hold the title defenses record and the consecutive wins at LW record too.

Everyone currently winning is Dana's GOAT. How many different GOATs has he proclaimed?

Islam has one quality win against guys his own size. Let's not start blowing him yet.

BJ Penn fought bigger guys; Islam fights smaller guys. Big difference.

of course Volk is now a “little guy”. No one mentions this before the fight. All we hear before the fight is Volk GOAT this, #1 P4P guy, Volk is a beast, Volk is an animal. Now that Islam KOed him, Volk is a midget. Never mind he’s never been submitted or KOed in his long UFC career.

no matter how many title defenses Islam will have or how bad he dominates the competition, his critics and haters will bring up things to undermine his legacy. Look at the historical shit postings at Islam:
1. Video of him getting KOed like 8 years ago.
2. “Islam doesn’t deserve a TS vs Charles because he didn’t beat anyone”
3. “Islam needs to fight Beneil before Charles”

after dominating Charles
4. “Charles wasn’t himself that fight”
After beating Volk by unanimous dec
5. “Volk got robbed”
6. “Islam had IVs”
After knocking out Volk
7. “Volk shouldn’t taken the fight”
8. “Volk is a midget”

Listening to Dana White about this is like listening to a prostitute shouting, "You are my best customer and tastiest customer." Ever

Let's see if he can get the UFC record for most title defenses.
Not gonna happen. He fights twice a year, he's turning 32 in a few days, and he needs 10 more title defenses to beat Jones and DJ (11 if Jones beats Stipe next month). Islam also wants to fight at WW, which will set him back even further.

Last edited:
Makhachev already got KTFO'd. He'll never be GOAT.

Look, Volk is obviously amazing, but he's not a LW. To count those as "title defenses", even though the belt was technically on the line, seems deceptive. I'm not disagreeing that islam could very well become goat lw, but he needs to do more work in his own division first.

Beating Oliveria/Gaethje/one more top contender probably gets him to LW GOAT imo

Back