• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana White insists UFC 300 is going to be so insane that fans will lose their minds over the first prelim

Which of course already has me skeptical.

I do hope Pink Pinnochio isn't just bloviating for once.

Any ideas on who this first prelim match up might possibly be?

Bloviating? Wow interesting word, had to look it up. lol

We finally get Lesnar vs a silverback gorilla?

Dana is going to book some DWCS nobodies versus each other and declare it an epic fight on par with anything ever witnessed in the history of civilization.
I'm thinking McGregor versus Cerrone + a giant wooden rabbit (cleverly filled with 3 dozens of clay guidas)

Like Conor vs Khabib? that one was pretty good

Biggest one for me was when Dana did all he could to trick people into thinking Khabib was going to comeback depending on the results of UFC 257 and used it to get people to buy the PPV. Even used footage of Khabib and him going behind closed doors on the broadcast and shit. And obviously later when Khabib was asked none of that was true what so ever..

Probably means that he'll put some legend the we all respect as the opener and everybody will be "I can't believe it!" not because the rest of the card will be better, but because there will be at least three WMMA fights after this one that shouldn't be there.

Nothing will beat sexyama getting rocked in the nuts during ufc 100

No they werent

You’re going to reply talking about PPV numbers aren’t you.

That doesn’t matter, the sport was a lot smaller back when Anderson Silva was fighting, and even then he’s a none native speaker who never bothered to trash talk. McGregor selling lots of tickets because he has a cheeky Irish accent and doesn’t mind disrespecting his opponents doesn’t make him any more valid or exciting, it just makes him more appealing to the casual.

Not completely related but Anderson is a far better fighter than McGregor ever was. Anderson never quit despite getting wrestle fucked for 4 rounds by Chael. McGregor rolled over and offered Nate his cheeks after 1 minute of grappling. Sure it’s different styles and Anderson was preparing for that approach, but McGregor’s capacity for quitting is far greater than Silva’s regardless. He mentally folds because he’s a front runner and when he doesn’t fold like in Nate 2 he has to be coming off the back of a brutal humiliating loss, he’s not resilient and defiant by default.

Last edited:
Back