Dana White: "I had it 3:1 for Reyes going into 5th. My kids are telling me the fix is in"

He knows Jones is slowing. He gets smoked at HW at this stage

Reyes 1,2,3

Reyes 3-2 , maybe 4 -1. Anyone who thinks otherwise are as bad as the shit judges
I had it 3-2 to Reyes as well, but where you getting 4-1 from? Wasn't even close to 4-1. Jones clearly won the last 2, Reyes clearly won 1 and 3 and the rational posters on here thought did enough to win the 2nd.

Dana got the result he wanted.

Too much bullshit in the UFC these days. This shit and McGregor with another title shot coming up without beating a single contender in the division ever. It's too much for me now. I think I'm done with this shit after Khabib vs Tony gives me a little closure.

3-2 Reyes, he was going backwards but he was winning fighting backwards
We don’t need to see jones at HW he would get smashed

Yeah, tough won to score. I had Reyes 1&2, Jones 4&5 and 3 could go either way but I was leaning towards Reyes.

A score either way or a draw are all pretty reasonable here though so not really a robbery but I think draw would have been best probably.

At the same time though, winning the late rounds when you're tired and beat up is much harder than pouring it in early and praying you get the finish. That's the hallmark of a true Champion imo and says a lot about a mans character so I'm not really upset with the decision to be honest.

But we already know Jon's character, it's a shit. The shitty things he's done says a lot more about his character than competing hard in a sporting endeavour

ANY other fighter NOT NAMED Jon Jones would lose that fight.
He won the fight because he is Jones, because the hype contaminated the bullshit judges.
It was shameful.

Dana got the result he wanted.

Too much bullshit in the UFC these days. This shit and McGregor with another title shot coming up without beating a single contender in the division ever. It's too much for me now. I think I'm done with this shit after Khabib vs Tony gives me a little closure.
yeah
Romero coming off two losses and with last MW win in 2016...getting title shot (fourth in last 3 years). I like Romero, but it's silly at this point.
Aldo coming off two losses : title shot as 135 lbser (his last win as 135 lbser when exactly?).
Conor title shot vs Khabib (let's pretend Khabib will beat Tony).
Let' not even talk about wmma: it jumped shark long time ago - 3/4 title fights are undeserved title shots (result of not enough efffort to build fighters there).
Lets not forget about "superfights". Also in last few months main event of ppv card was not title fight, nothing wrong about it, but it says something about UFC, they were always desperate to put title fights on cards (DC vs Lewis cough cough), but it looks like UFC belts lost fair share of promotional value...

But we already know Jon's character, it's a shit. The shitty things he's done says a lot more about his character than competing hard in a sporting endeavour
Not really when his resolve and character in the cage is the only thing that matters as a professional fighter.

You know, his job, the only reason you know his name and about his non competition related drama to begin with.

At the same time though, winning the late rounds when you're tired and beat up is much harder than pouring it in early and praying you get the finish. That's the hallmark of a true Champion imo and says a lot about a mans character so I'm not really upset with the decision to be honest.
I dont put that much stock into this. Jones being able to take the later rounds doesnt mean THAT much to me. He is used to fighting 5 round fights,since the majority of his career he has been champion and prepared for those. Reyes doesnt have that kind of experience. I dont recall he was even in a main event other than the Weidman fight. Its the first time you think well wow it actually makes an experienced champion harder to beat,with a distinct advantage,unless you are going in there with tons of main event experiences under your belt. No other fight sport has this kind of set up.

Yeah, tough won to score. I had Reyes 1&2, Jones 4&5 and 3 could go either way but I was leaning towards Reyes.

A score either way or a draw are all pretty reasonable here though so not really a robbery but I think draw would have been best probably.

I hear ya, but it is a round by round basis, and one judge had it 4-1 Jones? It doesn’t make sense to me. And Jones was talking about his takedowns but they were ineffective. I just gotta watch again. I would have been happier with a draw lol

I hear ya, but it is a round by round basis, and one judge had it 4-1 Jones? It doesn’t make sense to me. And Jones was talking about his takedowns but they were ineffective. I just gotta watch again. I would have been happier with a draw lol
Yeah the 4-1 was absurd and while the TDs didn't lead to anything he did score them and combined with his constant forward pressure they had scoring significance.

I agree a draw would have been ideal though since it came down to 1 round that could be argued either way ultimately.

He probably doesn't do anything about the judging because he can't, at all. It's weird that people still think Dana has any control over that.
The Commission assigns the Judges the refs for every fight.

It's weird people said the same about refs, but Dana said he would never let Kim Winslow ref another UFC fight and somehow that has happened...so why not judges?

It's weird people said the same about refs, but Dana said he would never let Kim Winslow ref another UFC fight and somehow that has happened...so why not judges?
Because fighters and organizations actually do have some say when it comes to potential refs, the same isn't true of Judges who are basically appointed at random from a list of credentialed names that aren't revealed until fight day.

Basically like pulling names from a hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back