Dana White hints Khabib vs McGregor rematch may happen before Ferguson gets a title shot

What a travesty this is ridiculous Conor has done absolutely nothing to deserve a title shot ...the only way to keep this from happening is to sign a petition not to buy the pay-per-view and give it any publicity.

It's at the point that if I were a top contender in any division in the UFC anymore I would seriously consider a jump to Bellator just to avoid all the bullshit and fuck over the UFC

It's not fair, but I do kind of get it from Dana/WME's perspective. They have a giant loan to pay off. They need all the money fights they can get. Tony should be next, but money talks. Unfortunately, that means Tony might get the shaft.

Words that come to mind if this were to happen:

undeserved
despicable
discreditable
disrespectful

That would truly be #1 bullshit.

My only hope is that Khabib pushes for the Tony fight.

His manager has been pretty clearly looking for Conor for the payday.

Did Conor beat a bunch of high ranked guys in underground fight club to deserve shitle tot?

Why do Conor haters swear against this? Their fight sold by far the most amount of PPVs in company history next to Conor/Floyd, and Conor is on the top of the list for other events too. The guy is their money pit, if he wants a Khabib fight, it's gonna happen.
Same reason why people would freak out if the NBA had decided the finals were going to be the Lakers vs the Nicks because those are the 2 biggest markets and more people would watch. Sometimes you have to actually give fighters what they have earned. A UFC title means what is means because they were always willing to give the best contender the fight. Conor was a 2 division champ in Cage Warriors and no one gave a shit. He could have become Bellator 2 division champ and no one would have given a shit. He became a UFC 2 division champ and superstardom, the Floyd fight and his whiskey are a result.

Colin by brutal ko

In a rematch with Khabib? I would assume Khabib finishes Conor again.

IF Dustin beats Khabib, I can definitely see Dana making Conor/Dustin. It's Conors best chance getting the belt back. After that, I would assume Dana makes Khabib/Tony for the next shot at the LW strap because it will take a year (or more) of negotiations to get Conor back in the cage against the winner of Khabib/Tony.

I hope I run into Dana on the street some day

Sometimes you have to actually give fighters what they have earned. A UFC title means what is means because they were always willing to give the best contender the fight.

In other words, Tony deserves the next LW shot. Conor does not deserve the next LW shot.

Yeah, the guy that got demolished by the champion already in a division he only had one win in deserves it more than the guy on a 12 fight win streak with only one UFC loss.

This is the kind of shit that is killing the UFC and the legitimacy of the belt. We want to see the best fight the best. If Conor wants a rematch let him earn it. I don’t give a fuck if he’s the biggest star. Let’s maintain some legitimacy and make it more into sport than spectacle.

Honestly who cares at this point?
Its all a big joke nowadays.

Connie asks for an “open gender”belt title shot and a fight with Amanda Nunes? I’m ok with it.

Cowboy blow his own eye.
Tony thinks his son is Jesus.
Khabib wants to “kill” Islamophobia.
Dustin wife have great fun bags.
It's all a mess...

Conor is making so much money outside of MMA, if he doesn't get a huge deal, no way he fights.

Maybe because they like to see title shots have a merit-based purpose for being made, rather than the pro wrestling model of popularity being the deciding factor.
A fighter selling a lot of pay per views isn't even supposed to be a deciding factor for if he gets a title shot. It doesn't make fans who know that foolish if the UFC chooses to ignore that. They're doing more harm than good to the legitimacy of this "sport", which will probably bite them in the ass sooner or later.

No shit sherlock, maybe if this was a competitive sport with table based rankings you'd have what you are looking for, however it isn't fam. This is a business, and at the end of the day they are gonna put on the money fights. Even tho Khabib/Tony is years in the making it won't sell shit. Khabib/Poirier?? That won't sell a thing, however Abu Dhabi may tweak the stats a bit being it's the first of their years-long deal of fights. This is just how it goes, UFC doesn't have a mandatory defense system setup through multiple commissions like boxing does. I understand the frusteration, but the UFC doesn't operate the same way.

The Dustin fight may not even happen, if Conor wants to fight him in September then UFC will probably make Poirier pull out and pay him his show money.

Lol but Khabib said he won’t fight him.

They gonna forge his signature?

What Connor wants to do? All he wants is blow lol

Back