Dana White hints Khabib vs McGregor rematch may happen before Ferguson gets a title shot

If this happens hoping to see Tony in Bellator and trowing an elbow to the face of this fat fuckk

This whole we will see what Conor wants to do is blatant favoritism. Fuck Dana and the way they handle this bum.
Haven't you heard? Conor loses 2 fights, gets suspended, diddles, then wants UFC equity.

That's quite a martial record, in more ways than one.<WhoJeff>

The UFC is a fucking joke, conor is a fucking joke and the biggest clown of all is Dana "the bitch name" White.

Tony is gone what is left? Mas and Whitaker, khabib Will go to the retirement after one more. UFC Will be dead in 5 years

Would be bullshit but also hilarious. I wonder if Tony would go COMPLETELY off the rails.

Ultimately it's up to Conor. If he wants it...its happening

No shit sherlock, maybe if this was a competitive sport with table based rankings you'd have what you are looking for, however it isn't fam. This is a business, and at the end of the day they are gonna put on the money fights. Even tho Khabib/Tony is years in the making it won't sell shit. Khabib/Poirier?? That won't sell a thing, however Abu Dhabi may tweak the stats a bit being it's the first of their years-long deal of fights. This is just how it goes, UFC doesn't have a mandatory defense system setup through multiple commissions like boxing does. I understand the frusteration, but the UFC doesn't operate the same way.
Well, you did act as if you didn't understand the complaints, and thought they were unreasonable.

They aren't really a legit sport imo. But they have marketed themselves as one. Part of the problem with selling cards is they're a promoter who plays favorites in the first place and only pushes a few people. And they've also made the show kind of bland. If they did their job and promoted well, they'd sell more. It's largely on the figters to do it for themselves, and sometimes they STILL get fucked over, and/or have to deal with Dana shitting on them to the press while they cowtow to overrated asshats.
But when you have knowledeable fans complaining because your championship fights aren't legit, and your name has fucking CHAMPIONSHIP in it, that's not a good look in the longrun.

So people who complain have every right to. I personally am not surprised by any of it. But it's obvious why people don't like it, and they aren't wrong.

And Conner is the ultimate in hurting the legitimacy. And the fucker barely fights anyway. It's shortsighted to cater to him at the risk of their longterm success and reputation.

Last edited:
Just put Conor in other ridiculous money fights. I'd rather see Floyd beat him again that Khabib.

You know what I think tho will help them change course with title fights in the future? Because trust me, I agree guys like Conor are toxic for the sport.

But I think the ESPN+ deal actually helps. UFC will be paid a premium already so they can actually start to put on the title fights that should be going on. Because we all know Tony Ferguson is and should be next.

Well, you did act as if you didn't understand the complaints, and thought they were unreasonable.

They aren't really a legit sport imo. But they have marketed themselves as one. Part of the problem with selling cards is they're a promoter who plays favorites in the first place and only pushes a few people. And they've also made the show kind of bland. If they did their job and promoted well, they'd sell more. It's largely on the figters to do it for themselves, and sometimes they STILL get fucked over, and/or have to deal with Dana shitting on them to the press while they cowtow to overrated asshats.
But when you have knowledeable fans complaining because your championship fights aren't legit, and your name has fucking CHAMPIONSHIP in it, that's not a good look in the longrun.

So people who complain have every right to. I personally am not surprised by any of it. But it's obvious why people don't like it, and they aren't wrong.

And Conner is the ultimate in hurting the legitimacy. And the fucker barely fights anyway. It's shortsighted to cater to him at the risk of their longterm success and reputation.

Why is anyone surprised or even worked up about it? We all know money has gone from being an important consideration with title shots, to the ONLY consideration. The belts mean nothing because Dana can randomly decide who fights for them based solely on how much money it makes him and WME.

All of us hardcore fans can sit back in shock and call out Dana for this nonsense, but in the end what the hell does he care? He can still sell all the casuals that the title fight is between the two guys who should actually be in there, they don't know the difference. And we can go f ourselves. That's just reality.

As The Casual my minds blown

I don't see how anybody could possible be surprized by this news.

The UFC is in the money making business first and foremost, the fight business second.

No matter what Khabib says, "fans" are still doubting him. Not even the Ferguson nutsack gobblers exclusively, but a huge chunk of MMA fans in general. Khabib is willing to sacrifice his financial benefit for the sake of ensuring proper title contention order by refusing the Conor fight and this is the respect he gets? At this point he should just say "fuck it" and do as the "fans" expect him to do: tell Ferguson to fuck off and fight Conor. I mean, what's the difference? He's being disrespected by the "MMA fans" either way, might as well make some money.

In other words, Tony deserves the next LW shot. Conor does not deserve the next LW shot.
I completely agree. The fact Tony fought on the card Khabib and Conor fought, after he was stripped so they could make said Conor vs Khabib fight.

Without a doubt, Ferg has earned a title shot. He should have been a MANDATORY title defense a while ago. However, McGregor vs Khabib will sell at least 10x as much (not factoring in what an effect ESPN+ will have), and they're probably even more wary of Ferg being champion after his mental health crisis.

Khabib already has a gsp clause, and has said he wants dustin and then Tony. If the ufc fucks over Tony I'll be pissed. They both want it, the fans want it, it's the logical next match for khabib if he wins. Conor has earned absolutely nothing since being finished by khabib. I know money talks but they will make money off Conner no matter who he fights. He needs to fight someone else like Justin g to even be considered for a shot.

Tony should ankle pick Dana.

No matter what Khabib says, "fans" are still doubting him. Not even the Ferguson nutsack gobblers exclusively, but a huge chunk of MMA fans in general. Khabib is willing to sacrifice his financial benefit for the sake of ensuring proper title contention order by refusing the Conor fight and this is the respect he gets? At this point he should just say "fuck it" and do as the "fans" expect him to do: tell Ferguson to fuck off and fight Conor. I mean, what's the difference? He's being disrespected by the "MMA fans" either way, might as well make some money.
Khabib already has a gsp clause, and has said he wants dustin and then Tony. If the ufc fucks over Tony I'll be pissed. They both want it, the fans want it, it's the logical next match for khabib if he wins. Conor has earned absolutely nothing since being finished by khabib. I know money talks but they will make money off Conner no matter who he fights. He needs to fight someone else like Justin g to even be considered for a shot.

Khabib will not be fighting Conor unless the irishman wins some fights. He is not getting an undeserved rematch no matter what Dana White wants.

Besides, Dana white actually says in this video that "Tony Ferguson just came off a great win over Cowboy Cerrone, so I'm assuming he is next. We'll see about Conor.".

I am interpreting this as the plan is that Ferguson is next and we'll see about Conor what he wants to do. So it doesn't look like Conor is getting a title shot at all at this point.

Back