Dana White: "Gustafsson's next in line"

jones needs to just suck it up and fight gus and take that whoppin.

UFC trying to push the Gus fight...$$$. They don't want to wait for Cormier to get better. Gus is available...why wait to cash in for the Jones-Cormier if you can get just as much on this rematch? Cormier is next in line but can't because of injury...UFC wants the $$$.

And pissed jones off...Gus had his chance and blew it. Cormier is a more exciting fight. Gus needs to take another fight then fight jones /Cormier winner and quit begging and saying Jones is wearing his belt. Gus is way more demanding than Jones and Jones is not taking the fight for that reason. The Champ should decide who he wants to fight not the Challenger.

Cormier is not as big threat to Jones as Gus is. Cormier had a 1 inch reach advantage against Henderson who probably weighed 20 Pounds less than Cormier. Against Jones, Cormier will be at a 12 inch reach disadvantage. Besides this he is significantly shorter than Jones.

Henderson was in a war less than 2 months ago in a fight were he was almost knocked out several times. Henderson is almost 43 years old and has looked awfully slow lately.

Gus is the more competitive fight and fight that should be made.

Typical cry baby Dana interview slinging mud to try and sway braindead sheep onto his side.

*Looks at AV and screen name*

You clearly have no reason to have gripe with Dana, you seem legit...

That's just stupid. We all know why Gus deserves another shot. That was nothing but a tune up. For the rematch he earned in the first fight.

If Dana is telling the truth, which all indications are he is, he is 100% right here. If Jon wants to be the cowardly lion the UFC doesn't owe him cover for the behavior.

Yea it's not like Dana just lied about Jones still being on contract...oh wait

You haters will believe what you want to believe even if there is no real proof and everything is just speculation

No fight has been announced yet, stop your bitching and crying

Remember when most of the stupid shertards were convinced Silva was ducking the Sonnen rematch?

Champions fight whoever is placed placed in front of them. Jon will never be considered one of the greats if he continues down this path. All the skill in the world and not enough confidence in himself to just go through whoever is in front of him. Cormier is a legit challenger, but he is ducking Gus and no one can prove different. It's a shame. Dana is 100% correct. This guy has the whole world just sitting in front of him to take, and he is constantly sabotaging himself with this shit.

If you are the son of Sonnen, you didn't get any of his brains.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jon-Jones-27944

Who has Jon Jones been ducking?

He just beat Gus.

Was it close? Yeah.

Did he lose? I don't think so.

Should he have fought an immediate rematch? Maybe - it would have been more appropriate than some of the rematches we have been subjected to.

DC is the clear #1 contender, and I think a bigger threat to the title.

You may not like Jones, or you may really like Gus. But Jones is certainly not ducking anybody, nor tarnishing his legacy as one of the GOATs.

[YT]iBPU19kEQyI[/YT]

People cant seem to separate their (justified) dislike for Dana from this issue. The LHW champ is trying to change his #1 contender opponent at the 11th hour for no other reason than a pissing contest. Dana generally being an ass doesnt change that.

Either you want your champ picking fights or you dont. People here like to change their principles based on how much they like or dislike the people involved.

Jones hasnt sign so he isnt changing anything. I dont mind champs picking harder fights I like it.

Champions fight whoever is placed placed in front of them. Jon will never be considered one of the greats if he continues down this path. All the skill in the world and not enough confidence in himself to just go through whoever is in front of him. Cormier is a legit challenger, but he is ducking Gus and no one can prove different. It's a shame. Dana is 100% correct. This guy has the whole world just sitting in front of him to take, and he is constantly sabotaging himself with this shit.

Well said. Champs don't pick and choose opponents. Period. Did anyone hear GSP ask not to fight Condit? Or Hendricks? Anderson never asked not to fight anyone, hell he fought anyone at two different weight classes. JBJ is a chump, high on himself and scared to hurt his shitty legacy. Man the fuck up and act like a champ!

Jones hasnt sign so he isnt changing anything. I dont mind champs picking harder fights I like it.

Who says it's yah harder fight? You? Suck it. Gus earned his shot. The champ should never get to choose his opponent. This just tells you that JBJ thinks that's the easier fight.

Sounds like DC is going to be next. Dana is not very convincing.

Personally I think JBJ just really wants to punch C

I think JBJ just really wants to punch Cormier in the face and finally shut him up

cos beating Jimi manuwa means you're number 1 contender

LOL This is what makes me laugh. Gus DESERVES it. WTF exactly did he do to deserve a rematch? Beat one guy who's probably not even top 10. If they do fight and he loses another decision will everyone say they should just keep having rematches till he wins one so they can be happy?

I think this is all about control and likely goes all the way back to Dana publicly blaming Jones for the PPV cancellation when he wouldn't fight Chael on a week's notice. It was easier for Dana to throw the LHW champ under the bus than admit they put together such a shitty card. The UFC sheep follow in lockstep and bash Jones for supposedly getting that card cancelled while at the same time they bash him for fighting Chael and Vitor because they're supposedly MW's. If he had declined to fight them because of that, they'd be accusing him of ducking. Round and round she goes.

It's also not the first time the UFC has announced Jones fights without first getting Jones signature on the dotted line and I think he's pissed off about it.

Jon Jones said he would fight alex after he won a fight.. he did that, now he needs to be a man of his word.

Typical cry baby Dana interview slinging mud to try and sway braindead sheep onto his side.

He was asked a question he answered it truthfuly and spot on.
Dana is not trying to make frineds he trying to avoid fighters picking they fights.

The fans want Gustafson so the worst scenario would be for Jones to be his own match maker.

It's not like Jones is calling out a bum to avoid Gus. He's calling out a legit challenger.

I love these kinds of stupid posts.

1.) Cormier is HURT! Why is Jones challenging a lower ranked, injured fighter over the clear #1 contender?

2.) Every single Jones supporter was trashing DC, calling him overrated and saying he hadn't fought anyone at 205 to deserve a title shot. Now, after Jones ducks Gus and calls out DC, you all suddenly justify it by saying DC is the bigger threat. But I thought he had to earn his shot? Right?

Jones is calling out an injured fighter, hoping to get him at a disadvantage, while avoiding a healthy and ready-to-go #1 contender. Someone please dispute ANYTHING I just wrote in the previous sentence.

Youre right, Jones hasnt signed the bout agreement. That is exactly the hold up. Whats a harder fight and what isnt is subjective and is usually done by contenders trying to get closer to a title shot, not champs trying to avoid the only fighter that took it to him.

Back