Dana White: GSP Will Defend His Title At UFC 158, With Or Without Nick

He's counting Nick, hence the odd number since you can't add in GSP.

Diaz
Rory vs Condit
Hendricks vs Ellenberger
Plus two more yet to be official fights

Adds up to 9 ww's. thy really need to teach more mathematical logic classes in school.

Really?:)

Not gonna lie when I read that the first few times I took that as 9 welterweights ranked in the top-5 on the show

The only fight Nick ever backed out of was a grappling match with Braulio Estima.
It wasn't his decision not to fight GSP last year.

If Johny Hendricks refuses to step in, then who would fight GSP?

I demand Kampmann. Fitch 2 will cause a uproar and so will Shields 2.

The only fight Nick ever backed out of was a grappling match with Braulio Estima.

I'm a fan of the Diaz Bros. but it was Nick's fault. He had to go and fuck it up. He knew that if he didn't show up, something was gonna happen.

Theres like a 10% chance of Nick getting pulled. Keep your fingers crossed Diaz haters. Hold your breath too.

Let's hope condit gets shuffled somehow into that title shot! lol

This is one of the worst post i've seen on Sherdog.

You can read the whole article here:

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/17/...-plan-nick-diaz-georges-st-pierre-ufc-158-mma

He meant of the top 5 fights on the PPV, he has nine WWs... just for clarification.

oh snap.

Cesar will be prepared this time!

Behindbolteddoors.jpg

point is there are plenty of top WWs ready to step up and fight GSP on that night, including Rory, Hendricks and Condit. Maybe dedicating each card to 1 weight class is the way the UFC handles this whole injury thing.

Lol at the TS desperately trying to explain the thread to trolls

Nine WW's in the top 5 FIGHTS on the card. The whole maincard should consist of WW's then. And someone will be fighting himself.

HAHAHAHAHHA!

All I gotta say is I hope that guy wins or he's gettin cut.

I wonder if the UFC is making fighters sign a Greg Jackson clause which states that if the card needs to be reshuffled you can't use "Need more time to gameplan" as an excuse for backing out.

don't knock it. Nick gameplans too. It's well documented.

If Dana actually meant he'll have 9 welterweights in the top 5 slots of the card - which I still doubt because that line is hilariously Danaesque - then perhaps one of the welterweights is fighting at middleweight but can easily fill in at 170 if needed. Specifically, Josh Koscheck has been off for a while and flirted with going up to MW but would have no problem cutting to 170 on late notice, so he's easily classified as a WW.

Just a thought to explain the wacky math if we give Dana the benefit of the derp.

I'm 99% sure this is just talk to make sure Nick shows up.

Given Nick's not so reliable persona when it comes to pressers and such this was actually a very calculated and well played move on Dana's part.

Back