Dana White: GSP Will Defend His Title At UFC 158, With Or Without Nick

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Last edited:
It adds up :

GSP is in first place, and all other places are dubbel staked.

= 9

Ha! This should mean that if Diaz does follow through we should get at least 2 top WW fights on that card. Sweet!

nine welterweights that are all in the top five
dude%20what.png

He meant like on the PPV there are 9 tough WWs fighting in the top 5 fights I think.

I figured that's what he meant, it just sounded funny. I also completely approve putting together cards in this fashion. Surprised the UFC didn't move towards this a few years ago. It seems like the simplest formula for saving cards. You keep eveyone training at the same time so if you need to move people around, there are far less issues.

How the hell are nine WWs in the top five?

Lol, math is hard.

Seriously though, sounds like Dana is worried about Diaz dropping out of the fight. Maybe it's due to Nick's comments about GSP whopping his ass. I don't think there is any way Nick drops out of this fight. A huge payday and a huge opportunity all for the price of one ass-whooping.

gsp, diaz, hendricks, ellenberger, and condit, rory mac.

not sure who the other three are...

I figured that's what he meant, it just sounded funny. I also completely approve putting together cards in this fashion. Surprised the UFC didn't move towards this a few years ago. It seems like the simplest formula for saving cards. You keep eveyone training at the same time so if you need to move people around, there are far less issues.

Not only that, it makes for an easier way to make progressive fights. GSP defends his belt, and a new #1 contender is made by winning a fight on the same card. Also, you identify two potential #1 contenders. Then 4 months later, GSP fights the new contender, and the other two fight to see who fights GSP next time. It makes a lot of sense.

Nine WW's in the top 5 FIGHTS on the card. The whole maincard should consist of WW's then. And someone will be fighting himself.

Haha right? Don't really understand that part.

Well, one of the top WWs might be facing a low ranked WW.

Yeah but it isn't like he said top WWs, he just said WWs. That is most likely what he means, but this statement is pretty fail lol.

Nine WW's in the top 5 FIGHTS on the card. The whole maincard should consist of WW's then. And someone will be fighting himself.

He's counting Nick, hence the odd number since you can't add in GSP.

Diaz
Rory vs Condit
Hendricks vs Ellenberger
Plus two more yet to be official fights

Adds up to 9 ww's. thy really need to teach more mathematical logic classes in school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back