Dana White: GSP Will Defend His Title At UFC 158, With Or Without Nick

Poor wording by uncle Dana to say the least. Still, I doubt Diaz will be a no-show again, he got this title shot gift wrapped and one has to assume he won't get another one so easily.

He sounds like Mr. Burns in that classic softball episode of The Simpsons. They'll never experience nine misfortunes. one misfortune, maybe. two perhaps. but never nine misfortunes...

next thing you know ellenberger gets punched unconscious the night before the show in a bar fight arguing who the greatest British Prime Minister of all time was

johny hendrickis gets arrested for every unsolved crime in NY

rory gets gigantism because he uses too much nerve tonic

and condit is booted from the card because he won't shave his sideburns and dana thinks he looks too unkempt for ppv- he continues to decry the sideburns even after condit gets a crew cut....

leaving diaz, the unreliable one as the only guy in that spot on the card.

He's counting Nick, hence the odd number since you can't add in GSP.

Diaz
Rory vs Condit
Hendricks vs Ellenberger
Plus two more yet to be official fights

Adds up to 9 ww's. thy really need to teach more mathematical logic classes in school.

Good thinking! It's weird that he would add in Diaz when talking about replacing Diaz though. I do understand what he is saying, and I am glad that they are taking this approach to the PPVs.

I wonder if the UFC is making fighters sign a Greg Jackson clause which states that if the card needs to be reshuffled you can't use "Need more time to gameplan" as an excuse for backing out.

Nick has to play the game or he will get replaced. UFC is in a nice position and Hendricks is definitely ready if Nick no shows or whatever that fool does to ruin the fight.

I think this shows that Dana told Johny he would fight GSP is Nick somehow doesn't fight. Just to get him to sign the fight. Good tactic by Dana and I am happy Johny took the fight, although it could get backfire.

top 5 fights on the show. you can git 9 in 10. I don't know how, but you can lol

And why would he leave GSP or anyone else out of the 10 WWs in the top 5 fights on the show. I think Dana messed up with words and we have the right to make fun of it.

He didn't say top 5 OF THE show, he said 9 WWs who are all top 5 on the show...that are all top 5, on the show

And how do you fit 9 in 5?

top five fights, brah. it was shitty wording but that's all he means.

so the main card in other words will be the equivalent of what UFC 146 was for HWs for the 170 division.

id expect something like Hathaway vs. Pierce
Pyle vs. Waldburger to be added to flesh out the main card.

I thouht GSP will fight Anderson next since he beat Condit and all....

I hope we see more of this. Maybe 3 fights in the same class on the main card (5 fights overall). Plus a prelim or 2 to make sure all the top guys get to fight.

And why would he leave GSP or anyone else out of the 10 WWs in the top 5 fights on the show. I think Dana messed up with words and we have the right to make fun of it.

He didn't say top 5 OF THE show, he said 9 WWs who are all top 5 on the show...that are all top 5, on the show

top five fights, brah. it was shitty wording but that's all he means.

so the main card in other words will be the equivalent of what UFC 146 was for HWs for the 170 division.

id expect something like Hathaway vs. Pierce
Pyle vs. Waldburger to be added to flesh out the main card.

This.

I would like to see Hendricks-GSP. should Diaz pull from fight

I wonder if the UFC is making fighters sign a Greg Jackson clause which states that if the card needs to be reshuffled you can't use "Need more time to gameplan" as an excuse for backing out.

Was wondering the same thing.

Back