Dana White: "Gilbert Melendez will probably get Lightweight title shot right away."

Bullshit....they better bring Josh Thomson into the UFC at least.

Or maybe they thought Bendo lost the Edgar rematch and Gil has already been the #1 LW for a while.

or maybe not. Pretty sure after the beating Bendo put on Nate anyone who thinks hes not #1 is an idiot. You might think Gil is #1 but beating Thomson, Masvidal and Kawajiri isnt the same level of competition that Ben has faced.

i do think that he lost to Edgar that 2nd fight but i dont think the first fight was close enough to even warrant that rematch.

I think Edgar beats Gil and so does Bendo.

Gilbert is overrated and will be soundly handled.

all his nut huggers can go ahead and complain but you will all see it's true.

or maybe not. Pretty sure after the beating Bendo put on Nate anyone who thinks hes not #1 is an idiot.

i do think that he lost to Edgar that 2nd fight but i dont think the first fight was close enough to even warrant that rematch.

I think Edgar beats Gil and so does Bendo.

You do realize that thinking he didn't deserve a rematch (when the fight was clearly close enough to go either way) doesn't invalidate what happened after, right? Melendez certainly deserves his spot in the top 5 at LW. Melendez vs Bendo will be a great fight.

I guess that Gil only gets the shot immediately if Pettis loses.

I was hoping that Maynard would welcome him personally.

I think that makes sense

[QUOTE="Rush";77700169]Yeah, and Jonny Hendricks vs Martin Kampmann was a title eliminator.[/QUOTE]

no, it wasn't, as far as I know, Dana never confirmed that it was a title eliminator
people just assumed that Kampmann/Hendricks would get a title shot, but Dana never said so

this means absolutely nothing - it means, no idea until the fight is confirmed and nothing better is going on at the time

You do realize that thinking he didn't deserve a rematch (when the fight was clearly close enough to go either way) doesn't invalidate what happened after, right? Melendez certainly deserves his spot in the top 5 at LW. Melendez vs Bendo will be a great fight.

the first fight was definitely not close enough to go either way though and i never said it invalidated what happened in the 2nd fight, just stated my opinion that it shouldnt have happened. Ben got the decision in the 2nd fight though, so it is what it is.

if u read my first post i said i was fine with Gil getting the shot as long as it happens soon and Pettis doesnt have to wait 8 months to fight him(if he were to beat Cerrone) because hes coming off almost a year layoff.

the first fight was definitely not close enough to go either way though and i never said it invalidated what happened in the 2nd fight, just stated my opinion that it shouldnt have happened. Ben got the decision in the 2nd fight though, so it is what it is.

if u read my first post i said i was fine with Gil getting the shot as long as it happens soon and Pettis doesnt have to wait 8 months to fight him(if he were to beat Cerrone) because hes coming off almost a year layoff.

Gil deserves it more than Pettis does, at least he was able to beat Guida.

He deserves a title shot. He's ranked #2 in the world by pretty much everyone. Plus I think he beats Bendo but that's just my opinion.

Gil trains at Cesar Gracie Academy he has zero chance at beating Ben Smooth. Cesar should focus sharpening Ronda's armbarring skill and promoting women's MMA.

I don't understand why the ufc doesn't do more to push Pettis. The guy is as marketable as they come in the ufc.

Gil deserves it more than Pettis does, at least he was able to beat Guida.

maybe but Pettis beat Bendo already and the value of his Lauzon KO keeps going up and will so even more if Joe beats Jim Miller.

the UFC could wait a month and see if Pettis beats Cerrone because if he does he definitely deserves the shot over Gil.

i saw a thread that said Bendo vs Gil should be on the next Fox card, they should do that and have Mir/Cormier and Rockhold/Lombard on there to introduce the SF guys.

He definitely deserves a fight against the champion, no argument here.

Or maybe they thought Bendo lost the Edgar rematch and Gil has already been the #1 LW for a while.
I'm sorry but only a troll thinks Gilbert is #1 right now. This are the same trolls who think Aoki is GOAT lw or #1 at any point.

I'm a Gilbert fan but you can tell he is weak just like the rest of his team and he will get rag dolled by guys like Bendo and Gray.

Back