Dana White full of it as usual (regarding the Jones situatuon)

Did you miss the part when he cried nonstop about how Jones "ducked" him? He in no way deserved that fight and Jones rightfully didn't give it to him. I actually gained a lot of respect for Jones during that fiasco.

Dunno, but I saw Jones cry after Gus hospitalized him.

23ldysy.jpg

Again, I agree with everything you said, though, it is safe to say that nobody goes public in the same crass and disrespectful manner that Dana does. Negotiations getting ugly isn't new -- certainly not in sports. But Dana is in a league of his own when it comes currying the sentiment of the public, which more often than not, comes at the expense of his own fighters. It's a lose-lose for all parties involved.

As a Yankees fan, I sort of disagree. I once saw Hal and Hank Steinbrenner try to win a PR battle with Derek friggin Jeter. That didn't turn out so well :D

Promoters are essentially GMs and owners without a filter to the highest degree. They're Mark Cuban with twirly mustaches, bags of money and ridiculous contracts. You either learn to roll your eyes and go with it as a fan or you drive yourself insane crying about how it's "not fair" they're pretty much born evil.

Someone must be using colored-text... cuz that shiat is ignored on my page.

*edit* apparently I was correct as seen above. Poor guy couldn't get noticed with words, so he resorted to crayons.

lol, I'm beginning to think this guy and Fallonfoxgoat are JBJ nuthuggers one and the same.

lol, I'm beginning to think this guy and Fallonfoxgoat are JBJ nuthuggers one and the same.

Funny how if you defend Jones on this site you're a Jones nuthugger. I like Gus more, I don't hate Jones but he's not particularly a favorite of mine either.

As a Yankees fan, I sort of disagree. I once saw Hal and Hank Steinbrenner try to win a PR battle with Derek friggin Jeter. That didn't turn out so well :D

Promoters are essentially GMs and owners without a filter to the highest degree. They're Mark Cuban with twirly mustaches, bags of money and ridiculous contracts. You either learn to roll your eyes and go with it as a fan or you drive yourself insane crying about how it's "not fair" they're pretty much born evil.

And I don't feel bad for them one bit as I'm a Sox fan and think that Jeter is a biracial angel who can do no wrong.

so one video right after the cancellation is NON STOP.....give it a rest.

oh and don't think i saying this because i hate Jon (read my sig).

lastly, you obviously must like ghey things......

so one video right after the cancellation is NON STOP.....give it a rest.

oh and don't think i saying this because i hate Jon (read my sig).

lastly, you obviously must like ghey things......

"When I decided to go after the light heavyweight championship, I knew that I'd win it like I always do. I just didn't know it would be by forfeit. But I do stand before you today the light heavyweight champion. I'm in the same position today as I was yesterday. The fight's going to happen sooner or later. It's not like I'm not going to beat this guy up. It's just a matter of when. My biggest concern isn't with the fight or myself at all. My biggest concern is with Dan Henderson and his health. I have a personal relationship with him. I know his kids and how much he loves playing with them, so I just hate to see the guy's health in any kind of jeopardy."

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/23/3263528/chael-sonnen-jon-jones-ufc-151-cancel-dan-henderson

Plus there were tons of tweets he made about Jones. Face it, Chael took part in the smear campaign. Dana's little lap dog :icon_lol:

Back