Dana White: Ferguson agreed to fight Khabib only for exactly what Khabib makes-"that aint happening"

is that a typo? it doesnt make sense.... Khabib isnt on that much lol

The thing is, they need to make this fight happen. But its no wonder Khabib was quick to sign the contract because Khabib seems to have a good deal while Ferguson does not. But the UFC has to look at it like this. If TFerg beats Khabib. T Ferguson is a much easier and winnable fight for the UFCs main cash cow Connor McGregor. Decisions decisions

I think it's more likely that Dana White is a greedy bald fuck
No he's just a good business man. Khabib has more value than Tony, so he gets compensated more. Is normal

Seems kind of fucked up, that a guy can't ask for equal pay to the person he's being asked to fight for an interim belt.

Khabib beat Darrell Horcher. That's why he's on big money.

ferguson, ferguson

<{hughesimpress}>

duck-chase-gif.gif

the old rickson strategy

Hes an incredible asset when hes that popular over seas. Not to mention hes probably more popular in America too

I doubt it. I don't think the average MMA fan who tunes in because of GSP, Ronda, Conor or even the Diaz brothers has a clue who Khabib is.

That may change someday, especially if he beats Conor, but it's not true today.

Tony understands that he has leverage right now. They need him to keep this division going right now, and the UFC wants him to knock off Khabib for Conor

Fergusons grappling is nothing to turn a nose up to.

I don't think they want to knock off khabib. If ferguson can beat khabib, then hes just worse matchup for conor.

The easier fight would be best.

Plus khabib will do way bigger numbers, especially with then wanting to do it in rrooshua

ok, now give one of these bums the fight against aldo

I doubt it. I don't think the average MMA fan who tunes in because of GSP, Ronda, Conor or even the Diaz brothers has a clue who Khabib is.

That may change someday, especially if he beats Conor, but it's not true today.
Never said he was as popular as those guys, just more popular than Ferg.

Ferguson has fought 13x in the UFC(9x since October 2013), is a TUF winner and always exciting. Khabib has fought just 8x in the UFC since he debuted in 2012. Not a TUF winner and even though I don't mind has style it's admittedly not very fan friendly. They're ranked virtually the same. Tony should already be making as much if not more than Khabib. Fucking hell I'm getting sick of this shit. Wouldn't be as big a problem if these guys still had their own fucking sponsors. I can't blame Tony for holding out for more money on this one even at the expense of this awesome fight.

Hes an incredible asset when hes that popular over seas. Not to mention hes probably more popular in America too
No, lets not insert logic into this discussion.

And if Khabib says "I'm only fighting Conor for exactly what Conor makes" and the UFC says no, lets complain about that too.

Fergusons grappling is nothing to turn a nose up to.

I don't think they want to knock off khabib. If ferguson can beat khabib, then hes just worse matchup for conor.

The easier match up would be best.

Plus khabib will do way bigger numbers, especially with then wanting to do it in rrooshua

Tony's grappling still doesn't get the props it deserves, but at least in that fight he'll likely attempt to fight on the feet for a little bit, where as Khabib is gonna be shooting very early.

Those couple minutes buy Conor the opportunity to land something big.

Khabib got 26/26 his last fight, did he get a new contract after?

If they won't give Tony 26/26 they really are some cheap muthafuckers.

Back