Dana White: Ferguson agreed to fight Khabib only for exactly what Khabib makes-"that aint happening"

in what world do you think he's THAT popular in russia?
The world where he did a q&a in some country close to Russia and it was packed with thousands and they had to turn people down for entry cause so many showed up. The world where he returns to Russia and thousands welcome him back

No, lets not insert logic into this discussion.

And if Khabib says "I'm only fighting Conor for exactly what Conor makes" and the UFC says no, lets complain about that too.

The difference being Khabib isn't astronomically more important to the UFC than Ferguson is, nor does he make that much money to begin with

Khabib makes 26k to show and 26k to win and that's too much?

Fcuk you Dana. As always.

(yes, it's meant to be spelled that way)

Fuck that greedy goof dana.

Make this fight happen already. They both deserve a shot at the title so let the best man win.

in what world do you think he's THAT popular in russia?
We don't know (unless we're in russia) how popular Khabib is in Russia.
The UFC has a good idea though I'd bet. And they keep saying that in 2017 they want to run a major event in Russia. They don't have many Russian fighters knocking on the door to title shots they can run an event with. So its not a leap to assume he holds some value to them in that market.

The difference being Khabib isn't astronomically more important to the UFC than Ferguson is, nor does he make that much money to begin with
Yeah, you literally don't know either of those things. Even his money you only know reported income.

Ferguson has fought 13x in the UFC(9x since October 2013), is a TUF winner and always exciting. Khabib has fought just 8x in the UFC since he debuted in 2012. Not a TUF winner and even though I don't mind has style it's admittedly not very fan friendly. They're ranked virtually the same. Tony should already be making as much if not more than Khabib. Fucking hell I'm getting sick of this shit. Wouldn't be as big a problem if these guys still had their own fucking sponsors. I can't blame Tony for holding out for more money on this one even at the expense of this awesome fight.
Bang on

/thread

The thing is, they need to make this fight happen. But its no wonder Khabib was quick to sign the contract because Khabib seems to have a good deal while Ferguson does not. But the UFC has to look at it like this. If TFerg beats Khabib. T Ferguson is a much easier and winnable fight for the UFCs main cash cow Connor McGregor. Decisions decisions

To be fair, Khabib is probably getting a good deal because they are trying to get him to headline a Russian card. Even in Russia, Khabib won't be pulling big enough ppv numbers to make the UFC a good profit. I bet they are looking at worst case scenario where if they gave both Khabib/Ferguson equal money and the card bombs, they might be losing money.

I like Dana but this is behind ridiculous.

Yeah, you literally don't know either of those things. Even his money you only know reported income.

Yeah, you actually literally get an idea of what he makes though considering his show/win bonus is public. He can't make that much more to the point where you can't make one of the most anticipated fights in recent memory. That's retarded.

Tony understands that he has leverage right now. They need him to keep this division going right now, and the UFC wants him to knock off Khabib for Conor
He has zero leverage. Nobody but hardcore fans give a shit about Ferguson.

$4.5 billion

And TFerg can't make $60k for a #1 contender fight
thats why Im thinking the guy made a mistake on his tweet or something?

thats the only way that makes any sense to me lol

Never said he was as popular as those guys, just more popular than Ferg.

I don't even know if that's true. Neither one hits the fan meter yet.

But Ferguson has been fighting for more than five years in the UFC. He's been in thirteen fights. He's 12-1 in those fights. He's been in several "fight of the nights" and had three "performances of the night". He's an exciting fighter.

His only loss in the UFC was four years ago, and it was by decision.

I think Khabib's a great fighter. He's been in eight fights in the UFC over the last four years. He's 8-0. I think he's an exciting fighter, but he's had far fewer "fight of the nights" and "performances of the night" than Ferguson. So the edge in showmanship goes to Ferguson.

Now Dana might be salivating for Russia right now, but there's no evidence that a lot of money is to be made there. Russia might have many fighters and a lot of interest in the sport, but it's also a poor and corrupt place in which it's hard to do business.

I can't wait to hear Khabib talk shit about Tony 'ducking' him or whatever, simply because he wants to be paid the same.

thats why Im thinking the guy made a mistake on his tweet or something?

thats the only way that makes any sense to me lol
Sounds to me like it's more likely greed than a typo. TFerg has some leverage but the UFC has more - fight for the amount they pay you or not at all.

Typical UFC strategy.

Back